01-04-11 10:40 PM
353 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I'm having some weird issues...for some reason sometimes when I add new contacts, despite both me and the contact accepting all prompts, the waiting for authorization tag remains and the contact remains in pending forever...this only happens to specific contacts and even erasing and retrying does not help. Anyone understand why this could be?
    i'm having the same issue with just ONE contact! we've tried everything...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 10:29 PM
    I downloaded 5.0.8 from an OTA link in the master thread. Now BBM is not listed in the apps list. I still can use it, just wondering where it went.

08-08-09 05:11 PM
    BBM5 forces me to crop images before i send them to messenger contacts? Anyone know anything about this? Is there a way to turn it off? I used to just be able to send the whole image.
    Ya I am interested in an answer or work around for this aswell.

08-08-09 07:36 PM
    Is anyone else still getting alerted when you put your bbm 5.0 on busy???? I thought you were not supposed to get the alert when "busy", or am I the only one? I REALLY wanna fix this, someone please help with some feedback????
    i just installed BBM5 and so far everything is GREAT. until i changed my status to busy...and im still being alerted. this is such a major fail
    08-08-09 09:41 PM
    Ya I am interested in an answer or work around for this aswell.

I believe if you're sending images from BBM5 to BBM5 you'll be able to send the whole image. If you're sending from BBM5 to an older version like BBM4.7 or before it will make you crop the image down. Likewise if you send from BBM4.7 to BBM5 the images might be shrunken down. I think this is bc the older version of BBM had a limitation on file sizes.
    08-08-09 09:46 PM
    I believe if you're sending images from BBM5 to BBM5 you'll be able to send the whole image. If you're sending from BBM5 to an older version like BBM4.7 or before it will make you crop the image down. Likewise if you send from BBM4.7 to BBM5 the images might be shrunken down. I think this is bc the older version of BBM had a limitation on file sizes.
    U've got it backwards. If u send from 5.0 to 5.0 then u have to crop it, UNLESS u lower the pixels or use an app like shrinkit.

08-08-09 10:40 PM
    I can't get none of my friends avatars to load its weird cause they would load when I was running 5.0.0.140 now I'm on 151

I am having the same problem but I am running 5.0.0.140
    08-09-09 09:13 AM
    Nothing for rogers yet eh?? we need something to combat the iphone!
    08-09-09 09:28 AM
    Has anyone had any issues with their app memory draining down to zero since installing BBM 5.0???

I'm left with no choice but to believe that it's the culprit. I'll be downgrading to the older version and testing it out over the next few days.
    08-09-09 10:30 AM
    U've got it backwards. If u send from 5.0 to 5.0 then u have to crop it, UNLESS u lower the pixels or use an app like shrinkit.

I disagree. I've tested this out myself on BBM 5 and BBM 4.7. When I sent a pic on BBM 5 to another user who was on BBM 5 the entire pic was sent without cropping and the file size was the same when it was sent and received (rez set to 2048x1536). When I would send a pic from BBM 5 to another user on BBM 4.7 then I had to crop the pic. I'm now using BBM 4.7 again and I've noticed that pics I send to other BBM 4.7 users automatically have the file sizes reduced. I believe there's a file size limit in older versions of BBM.

Here's some info from another post as well:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...ctures-281069/
    Last edited by stevcha; 08-09-09 at 11:45 AM.
    08-09-09 11:38 AM
    i am having issues with BBM 5.0. I am currently on my second tour (first replaced because of muffled mic) that i just got today. i am trying to upgrade again to 5.0 but everytime i download it and tell it to overwrite the files(which i did on the first phone) it disappears after the install is complete.

what i am saying here is my BBM icon disappears completely after i install 5.0. as soon as i delete it and restore the original version that came on the tour is shows back up.

only way the icon shows back up is by doing it thru the BBDM. if i just delete 5.0 an reset the phone as it request, it still does not show..

someone help me please.

didnt make a new thread and i tried to search but no one seemed to have my specific problem
    08-09-09 09:56 PM
    Is there a way to auto accept images/file transfers from certain contacts. I can send an image to people using BBM4.7 and it is sent and downloaded quickly and without waiting for approvals.

When sending/receiving between BBM5.0, I have to accept and then it takes a while to download the image. I understand having the ability to accept/decline a transfer, but for some contacts, it would be nice to have them as a trusted source.
    08-12-09 09:41 AM
    I installed the new 5.0 and now Blackberry IM is MIA. I tried to restore it and the web browser is MIA as well. What can I do. My service provider is Verizon

Alex
    08-13-09 11:02 AM
    Just to add to the confusion:

I've been using BBM 5.0 for some time now, on 2 8330's. Both were working fine and I was loving the new features. Now however one of them has stopped loading BBM. That particular PIN shows as "available" and when I get IMs the little "new IM" image shows up in the top right of the home screen, but I cannot open BBM to read or respond to these messages. I've downgraded and re-upgraded to BBM 5.0 but the problem persists. Have there been any changes that would have caused BBM to stop working?
    08-25-09 10:30 PM
    Just got the "None of the emails on the device could be linked to your BlackBerry Messenger account. Contact list recovery using email will not be supported." Message about 20 mins ago. Anyone have any ideas?

08-26-09 12:59 AM
    did "on the phone" status just disappear from bbm5 all of a sudden? just noticed last couple of days that when someone I am iming is on the phone it doesn't show that. I guess it doesn't deliver it also like when bbm5 was leaked, anyone else has also seen that?
    08-26-09 03:07 AM
    was up and working fine this morning after a battery pull
    08-26-09 10:21 AM
    Does the file transfer take so long on the old BBM but we didn't know because we couldn't see the status bar?
    08-30-09 03:53 AM
    Does anyone know why on some contacts that have BBM5 it shows their timezone and local time, and some with BBM5 it doesn't?
    08-30-09 10:00 AM
    I can't uninstall bbm 5.0. I tired through desktop manager to downgrade it when I loaded the os it still shows up as bbm 5.0 I have deleted bbm 5.0 from my application list on the berry itself but it doesn't show me bbm at all but I still somehow have bbm 5.0 on there.... I even tried a factory wipe and a backup its back.... Any ideas?

09-02-09 12:52 PM
    So how do you "Scan" someone's barcode? I tired to do it through BBM but nothing happened.
    09-02-09 05:53 PM
    you hit the add button, and with the camera it will focus on the barcode and it will add them once it reads the image
    09-02-09 06:42 PM
    you hit the add button, and with the camera it will focus on the barcode and it will add them once it reads the image
    we wont be doing much scanning with .191
    09-02-09 06:44 PM
    this is true, maybe thats why bbm 5.0.0.19 hasnt leaked because it would be pointless
    09-02-09 06:46 PM
    i cant find bb messenger messages in the message folder with the sms and email boxes combined. is this possible on a storm?
    09-04-09 05:27 PM
353 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD