01-04-11 09:40 PM
353 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Just a heads up to all using BBM 5.0. I recently found out that even though some contacts so up as "unavailable" you can still send and receive messages from them. Really weird. I have been messaging with two friends that have been showing up as "unavailable" for three days now without a problem.
    Yup. Same problem here. No fix yet that I know of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:14 PM
    Yup. Same problem here. No fix yet that I know of.

Personally I don't care about a fix for that as long as messages are going through. I could not care less that some contacts are showing up unavailable. LOL Just push those messages through! lol ....and the BBM 5.0 anomalies still continue......
    07-27-09 10:18 PM
    Personally I don't care about a fix for that as long as messages are going through. I could not care less that some contacts are showing up unavailable. LOL Just push those messages through! lol ....and the BBM 5.0 anomalies still continue......
    You're right. There's definitely worse bugs. But I have almost 10 contacts showing up as unavailable now and I'm not sure which ones are legitimately unreachable...

07-27-09 10:32 PM
    To all of the comments above me.....I posted a similar issue, last posting on page 15. If you back up your contacts (new feature in bbm 5) and retore them it will clear all unreachable status contacts to available. Do a battery pull and the problem shouldn't persist. However, I'm still not hearing any fixes for my "set alert" issue. Info anyone??
    07-27-09 11:22 PM
    Maybe I just can't find it in the threads, but how i the world do you even get to the screen to set the proximity setting?
    07-28-09 10:16 AM
    I cant see any of my contact icons only the one person i have a picture for in my contacts
    07-28-09 10:51 AM
    Oh help, i'm new to crackberry and new to my blackberry pearl flip too, and im trying to find the answer to why my BB Messenger totally disapeared when i downloaded the BBM 5 leak. I can PIN from my contacts but it is not longer in my IM list??? help! I'm pretty new to blackberry so pls try keep it simple for me! thank you
    I had the same problem. I am using the Tour and I did an OTA install of BBM 5.0. But my BBM icon dissapeared! I went back to an earlier version of BBM until I find out why that happened. If anyone knows the solution your input is greatly appreciated.
    first make sure its on your phone, options>advanced options>applications and check for "blackberry messenger". if it's there, you will have to reset your homescreen layout under theme options (idk how to do it on the pearl, sorry. on the tour it should be in the "options" on the bb menu from the app screen) then a battery pull, then it should be in the default location.
    07-28-09 12:26 PM
    When I open the option to edit my info on bbm 5.0, at the bottom there is a setting for Recovery Emails. Under this setting there is a message that reads: "None of the emails on the device could be linked to your Blackberry Messenger account. Contact list recovery using email will not be supported."

My question is, What are recovery emails in the first place and is this a normal message to be displayed?

Thanks in advance!!
    07-28-09 07:45 PM
    I can't get none of my friends avatars to load its weird cause they would load when I was running 5.0.0.140 now I'm on 151

07-28-09 11:17 PM
    BBM 5.0 doesn't work on my storm. I am running 5.0...140 OS.
    07-29-09 02:44 PM
    If I post contact in BBM to show in home screen and Quickpull does my morning reset the picture for that contact disappears and I have to remove contact from screen and place back on home screen.
    Anyone else have this issue?

07-29-09 04:26 PM
    first make sure its on your phone, options>advanced options>applications and check for "blackberry messenger". if it's there, you will have to reset your homescreen layout under theme options (idk how to do it on the pearl, sorry. on the tour it should be in the "options" on the bb menu from the app screen) then a battery pull, then it should be in the default location.
    Tried it, didn't work
    07-29-09 04:58 PM
    Only issue I have is that it works too freaking good. I have not had a single problem. Sorry to hear that it suxs for most.
    07-29-09 05:10 PM
    Only issue I have is that it works too freaking good. I have not had a single problem. Sorry to hear that it suxs for most.
    Yea, I can't front. It's working OD good. I think better than the regular bbm that came with the phone.
    07-29-09 05:36 PM
    I'm having some weird issues...for some reason sometimes when I add new contacts, despite both me and the contact accepting all prompts, the waiting for authorization tag remains and the contact remains in pending forever...this only happens to specific contacts and even erasing and retrying does not help. Anyone understand why this could be?
    08-03-09 10:56 AM
    If I post contact in BBM to show in home screen and Quickpull does my morning reset the picture for that contact disappears and I have to remove contact from screen and place back on home screen.
    Anyone else have this issue?

Same issue here. Assuming this is a bug which is fine but if anyone knows of a fix, let me know.
    08-03-09 11:20 AM
    Does anyone have the Ota for this?

08-03-09 12:12 PM
    BBM is acting weird again today for me....some messages go through, others don't, some delayed, other instantly....so on and so on. Another random happening, my avator pushed through today to a friend's contact list (finally). Server issues again?
    08-03-09 02:39 PM
    My friend and I are having the same problem as tsave31.
    08-03-09 03:02 PM
    BBM5 forces me to crop images before i send them to messenger contacts? Anyone know anything about this? Is there a way to turn it off? I used to just be able to send the whole image.
    08-03-09 06:02 PM
    Does anyone have the Ota for this?

New BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 ZIP And OTA Download Links! | BlackBerry Rocks!
    08-03-09 09:41 PM
    I am from Indonesia, and since today a lot of my friends including me experienced the same problem as tsave and kelly...

it used to be okay for almost two weeks. however,
    08-04-09 02:15 PM
    BBM is acting weird again today for me....some messages go through, others don't, some delayed, other instantly....so on and so on. Another random happening, my avator pushed through today to a friend's contact list (finally). Server issues again?
    I've had most of my messages undelivered today...plus yesterday and today I've been showing myself unavailable to my wife and others. Yesterday, my wife and I had the same problem. We were both unavailable to each other.
    08-04-09 04:51 PM
    my messenger has been acting up today also. Since I bought Berrybuzz yesterday, I thought it had something to do with it.
    08-04-09 07:05 PM
    having issues since the weekend. on rogers with .282 and bbm5
    some msgs go thru, others dont.
    08-04-09 09:22 PM
353 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD