I had the leaked 5.0 bbm installed with no problems, i went into app world to install the new 5.0.0.33 bbm and i had recieved an error, i tried to reinstall and it still gave me an error but said it was installed. I now have no bbm icon but in my app list it says i have bbm 5.0.0.33

10-08-09 04:00 PM
    lol. don't reboot
    you better backup your stuff before doing a bat pull again, just sayin...
    10-08-09 04:06 PM
    I had the leaked 5.0 bbm installed with no problems, i went into app world to install the new 5.0.0.33 bbm and i had recieved an error, i tried to reinstall and it still gave me an error but said it was installed. I now have no bbm icon but in my app list it says i have bbm 5.0.0.33
    Same exact thing happened to me. Thanks to my reading [here on CB] about a reset crashing the device, I elected to just go into the apps on the device and delete BBM 5.0. I then installed it again without incident. The only problem now is that my image is not being displayed to my contacts and when I try to 'enlarge' it just gives me a blank white screen. Other than that, it appears that all is working fine.
    10-08-09 04:45 PM
    i did a bat pull and upon reboot it asked if i wanted to restore ,which i did, all is fine now
    thx guys
    10-08-09 04:50 PM
    the problem i had was that yesterday i downloaded the official bbm 5.0 from bb app world str8 from my tour. first it took foreverrrrr to install and it froze...i had to do a battery pull then it was fine and working great. then this morning i go to it and its gone...completely. i went back into bb app world and it said uninstalled. crazy right? so i redownloaded it again and its working great. the only thing was that i had to request everyone again for my contacts versus when i initally downloaded it all my contacts were there. but thats my fault as i could have done a contacts backup from start. on the plus side i didnt have contacts like that...not everyone owns a berry
    10-08-09 05:05 PM
    ok so i had a customer with beta bbm 5.0, she downloaded the new bbm from www.blackberry.com/messenger and now her bbm icon is gone. however she was still getting bbms in her message list. where the heck is the icon???
    10-08-09 05:34 PM
    When you install bbm 5.0 ther is no icon for bbm bc there is a disclaimer that you have to agree to in order to use bbm. What I did was hold down the bb button to get to the running programs menu and the icon was in there. I couldn't even go into message folder and hit compose instant message, when I did it only gave me google talk option. So after reboot, click and hold bb button until menu and go to bbm icon. Once u agree to terms all is well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 06:01 PM
    after upgrade, i found mine in IM folder,agreed to disclaimer, moved icon to home screen.
    Just saying cause i thought mine was missing too at first.
    10-08-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD