08-07-11 04:41 AM
58 123
tools
    hey guys...having problems with some of my contacts to invite them to a group...is it because they dont have the new bbm????? email me back....cgrass@vzw.blackberry.net
    Yes your friends can't join a bbm 5 group if they don't have bbm 5 installed :/
    10-17-09 05:20 PM
    Yes your friends can't join a bbm 5 group if they don't have bbm 5 installed :/
    thanks katie...aprriciate it thats what i thought...have a work chat going we manly have berries and people are saying that they cant click on my link for the group...thanks again
    10-17-09 05:24 PM
    Dear All,

I had the same problem and words to KATIEPEA, yep it is true the desktop calendar was set as my default HOWEVER it was using the groups calendar as the default and unless I change that manually it wont take my default calendar automatically which was very strange.

I can hereby confirm what one of the previous users had mentioned about the issue that you had responded to.

In anyways I tried all things possible excepting wiping out the device (Which Im trying to avoid) and nothing, absolutely nothing worked.

Yesterday however I had to remove the battery a few time cuz I changed my Curve 8900 Look including the trackball so I had to remove the battery, dissassemble, reassemble, and put the battery back again. I might of did that 4 times since I was changing my mind with regards to the colour I really want every half and hour and here's what happened:

At the last reassemble and placing the battery back in, it was still taking the groups calendar as default although in reality my Desktop Calendar is. After 2 hours from my last battery removal, it seems to have gone back to its senses and took the default group it was supposed to.

My advice here for this unexplained problem and even freakier solution: pull the battery out for 5 mins and in again....every half an hour for max 4 times and test it for a day or so.

Strange solution to a weird problem but thats how I got rid of it (accidently). One thing is for sure though, no more BBM groups for me.

T
    10-17-09 11:28 PM
    Hey guys I was having the same problem with the group calendar messing my default and not being able to remove it or sync with outlook properly. Here is my work around that worked on my Storm2 9520 (v5.0.0.341 & BBM 5.0.0.56).

I re-sent my service books by going to menu>setup folder>email settings> Login>menu>service books>send service books. This then re-sent my service books and created 3 calendars for the 3 e-mail accounts I have registered on my device.

I then went to menu>options>advanced options>service books and deleted 2 of the calanders (keeping the one for my main email address).

I then set this calendar as my default calendar by selecting menu>options>advanced options>default services

Next I opened the calendar and selected menu>options
    selected "device default" and typed "MOVE" where it asked me to "move all appointments in base system calendar to ********@*****.ie (my new default calander)" and selected yes.

This moved all my calander entries to my new default calander and removed the old default calendar. The group calendar is still there but in-active as I have set my ********@****.ie to default. Now when i create a new entry it automatically goes to this calendar or if an app creates an new entry it also goes to this calendar.

I then re-synced my calendar with my outlook using DM using my normal sync options. When I did this I got a message saying that the default calander on my device had changed and would I like to sync with this new calander (not exact wording but general idea). I selected yes and it sync'd no problems.

This work around did not remove the group calendar but made it in-active. I hope this helps some people out and works for them too. Surely a "delete calendar" option in Calendar menu would be a whole lot easier

Sort it out RIM
    Last edited by DigiCol; 12-19-09 at 04:31 AM.
    12-19-09 04:29 AM
    I would also like to know if someone finds a way to delete/remove the "Groups" calendar all together. I do not have any BBM groups in my BBM list, but I did create and then delete one just to see what they were like. Now that I don't have any groups, my calendar still shows the Groups calendar as an option, and I would like to get rid of it.
    12-20-09 08:54 PM
    has anyone figured a quick fix to this?
    12-28-09 01:27 PM
    haha ! its the most annoying thing ever ! thanks you very much !
    01-02-10 05:02 AM
    Well...what's happening for me is like...the BlackBerry Groups Calendar for somereason acts as the default calendar...so when i sync my calendar with outlook...it sends my events to the Group Calendar...

My default calendar is sent to the one i want...but when i sync...my events dont go there

ITS SUPER ANNOYING AND I REALLY DONT WANT MY STUFF GOING TO THE BLACKBERRY GROUPS CALENDAR...I Just want my stuff going to my normal default calender.
    01-04-10 01:03 AM
    my unknown calendar is back....argh...why do calendars have to be tied to email addy's?
    01-04-10 09:08 AM
    Having the same issue with the unknown calendar. Most likely popped up when i deleted my groups. NOt sure. Hopefully someone will have a definitive answer on this.

my unknown calendar is back....argh...why do calendars have to be tied to email addy's?
    01-04-10 01:05 PM
    I wiped my phone, twice again today...it is now gone.
    My steps:
    Installed facebook. Unchecked everything to sync.
    Restored BBM from backup.
    Made sure there was no unknown calendar.
    Configured email I wanted tied to the calendar.
    Then added my two other email accts.
    So under calendars, I have
    Email A
    Email B
    Email C
    01-04-10 01:08 PM
    how exactly do you "wipe" your phone? What are the procedures and does it really work?
    01-04-10 11:57 PM
    guys,

where can i find menu message list integration in BBM group for 8110?

Calendar notification share is buzzing me! everytime sync from my outlook, all calendar automaticly share to all my bbm group.

i can't find it! please help. (this menu is not available for 8110 and 8310)

Syarif
    BB 8110
    01-20-10 11:06 PM
    This blows. I was also unknowingly sucked into a group. I thought it was cool at first until I tried to sync and lost half of my entries. I was wondering why that happened and after reading the replies I figure my Lotus Notes looked at the new default calender of my group and saw there was nothing in it and deleted everything on my computer. I got rid of the group right away but now can't get rid of the group calender that was somehow set to default. I haven't backed up in a while so I am not sure I can wipe and restore. Any other ideas? I even tried creating a group of just me and syncing that but it didn't work. This blows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 01:02 PM
    641....came up again for me.
    It wants to sync the bbm calendar aka unknown even though I have another set to default.
    see if you can go into calendar options and type move....
    what happens?
    03-10-10 01:12 PM
    this is crazy and there is absolutely no reason any of you should be having this problem

RIM did a poor job avoiding problems with calendars and the bbm update.

why is there no way to delete calendars, other than deleting the service book that will eventually come back?

the sheer amount of problems this has caused is absurd, and they exist on all forums

how to remove groups calendar from my bb bold - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Removing BBM 5.0 Group Calendar - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

there is also the LOVELY issue that the google sync app will often populate your groups calendar instead of the default or the one paired with your email address

Upgraded BB Tour to OS 5.0.0, Google Sync now puts events on my Groups calendar instead of my calendar. - Google Mobile Help
    03-29-10 08:24 PM
    I too have had this issue with Google Sync adding my calendar entries to the Group Calendar. Unfortunately I have not found any resolution to this issue, except to delete BBM and then re-sync my entries with Google Sync, and then re install BBM. This method will still add your calendar entries to your Groups Calendar, but at least all of the calendar entries will be there, whereas before it would only add a portion of the entries correctly.

I put the blame mainly on RIM, there is no reason why we should not be able to delete the Groups Calendar entirely. I also put some blame on Google, why cant there be an option to not add the calendar entries to the Group??
    04-02-10 08:38 PM
    Hey I had syncing problems because of the BB group I joined... I deleted it... still couldn't sync so I decided to delete facebook app... and somehow it deleted the BBM calendar then i just reinstalled fb app

try it

worked for me
    04-12-10 10:14 AM
    I had this problem and it drove me crazy. Someone on a Blackberry forum invited me to a BBM Group. It was a little geeky so I deleted the Group and was left with the Group Calendar. Calendar events were now showing up in duplicates on my default calendar and the new Group Calendar. It drove me crazy. This is the only way to get rid of it:

1. Back up your blackberry with DM.
    2. Wipe your blackberry but LEAVE 3rd party applications on. You don't need to delete 3rd party apps.
    3. Restore your back up.

I still had some duplicate calendar events so I used DM to wipe my calendar on the Berry. I then synced my outlook calendar to my berry with a sync cable and had the PC overwrite the device.

I used a sync cable even though I sync my calendar wirelessly with Google Calendar Sync. I did not want to risk doing a wireless sync and have my empty berry calendar wipe out my PC calendar.

Life is good again.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 05-09-10 at 10:14 PM.
    05-09-10 07:39 PM
    Man I just ran into this problem. I wanted to make a new event on my calendar and saw that it only let me make it under the Groups calendar, pretty annoying (this was after I had deleted the group from my bbm). And I thought the whole group thing was cool too, because I could set up events for all my cousins at once which was pretty convenient. I'm going to try the facebook app removal, hopefully that works.

Edit: Didn't work.

What removing the calendar did was remove my default calendar and set the Groups calendar as the only calendar available. Whomp whomp. Time for a reset. No more bbm groups till then...sigh.

Edit 2: So apparently there was an update. Updated my BB. Everythings fixed!
    Last edited by The Great Shark; 05-25-10 at 02:15 AM.
    05-25-10 12:13 AM
    I had the same problem as everyone else here. My issue came about when I swapped my Storm2 at the Verizon store. I backed it up with Blackberry Manager before the swap and restored using Blackberry Manager afterwards. Then, when I set up GoogleSync to do its magic, I ended up with a Groups calendar and a Desktop calendar.

So here goes:

1. Back up your calendar using Blackberry Manager (just to be safe).
    2. On your Blackberry, sign out of GoogleSync. It will ask if you want to delete the calendar entries on your phone, click yes or delete (depending on version).
    3. Once the process is complete, go into your calendar on the Blackberry. Click the Blackberry / Menu Button and choose options.
    4. Type "wipe" (no quotes). You will be prompted to wipe your calendar, click ok or delete (depending on version).
    5. Should be instant or within about 10 seconds the calendar should be blank. Verify before proceeding.
    6. Go back in to GoogleSync, login and set up your synchronization options.

(BES USERS: You should be able to follow similar logic, skip step 2 and 6 for GoogleSync and as the final step, reactivate your Blackberry using an activation password).

Voila. That should do the trick.

I happened on the solution as I was reading this forum. Someone mentioned typing "move" to move the entries from the group to the desktop calendar. So I was like, "heck what else can you type in here" and started typing things like "delete," "purge," "wipe" and wipe came up with some prompts. I did that and my life is back to normal.

Good luck to all!
    05-26-10 04:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cha...default-73329/

go to options (from main screen)
    advanced options
    default services (set whichever email to deault)

then to delete additional calendars under advanced options
    go to service books
    and delete the CICAL for that email address
    05-29-10 01:21 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cha...default-73329/

go to options (from main screen)
    advanced options
    default services (set whichever email to deault)

then to delete additional calendars under advanced options
    go to service books
    and delete the CICAL for that email address
    yes that does work if you have multiple emails and only want one calendar etc.,..however, the problem lies that there are no CICAL for bbm group calendars...or no one is telling us what it is.....
    06-02-10 02:48 AM
    So I have had the similar problem. Set my "default" calendar under Options/Advanced Options/Default Services to my email address, but my default calendar when creating new events, syncing (Google Sync in my case but I believe for anything), etc was to the stupid groups calendar. As best I can tell the BB does not comprehend this as a calendar from the default services, so definitely a bug. I followed DigiCol's directions below, but explored a bit more after each step.

The key is to have two email address, even if only temporarily, so that you can actually choose the correct address from the Default Services. On my BB (Bold 9700), the groups calendar does not appear as an option under default services (as it should not). However, if you only have one email address present, it can't comprehend any selection to change (or it may be the by product of resending your email service books, not the Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now). Either way, you don't have to follow through with all of the steps listed by DigiCol, unless I guess you have events that you need to move to the correct calendar. Just make sure that you get your new service books from the email setup area (Setup/Personal Email Setup/Menu/Service Books/Send Service Books) and it should clear out groups as the default calendar. Note: the easiest way to see what is "really" your default calendar is to try and create a new event in calendar; "Send Using" is your default. You will still have the Groups calendar (as best I can see you cannot delete it fully, it is just there as an extra calendar). You can now delete the other email address's CICAL under Options/Advanced Options/Service Book (or maybe as DigiCol says below you can delete the unneeded one(s) before - I did it after).

Hopefully that is clear. If not, let me know and I'll answer any questions as best I can. In short it is a bug with BB software (either OS, BBM, or something), but resending your EMAIL service books fixes it. I now only have my XXXXX@gmail.com and Groups calendars. Note: The order of calendars is based on alphabetical order as best I can tell, NOT default and the BB symbol seems to trump all. To see your "real" default calendar, try to create an new event and see what calendar ("Send Using"), it puts it under.

For whatever it is worth, I did wipe my calendar (Calendar/Menu/Options/type "wipe), reset GoogleSync Calendar (GoogleSync/Menu/Options/Reset Calendar Sync), and then uninstalled GoogleSync (requires reboot) before doing the above. Then I reinstalled GoogleSync (must reboot AGAIN before signing in as usual when installing GoogleSync despite it saying so) and it all works.

But seriously RIM, we shouldn't have to go through this. Please fix.

***START EDIT***
    I do not think it matters, but I did leave my only BBM group before doing the above and then rejoined it after everything above. I have no reason to believe that it matters, but as we have all found out, sometimes it is the little steps that make the big differences.
    ****END EDIT****

Hey guys I was having the same problem with the group calendar messing my default and not being able to remove it or sync with outlook properly. Here is my work around that worked on my Storm2 9520 (v5.0.0.341 & BBM 5.0.0.56).

I re-sent my service books by going to menu>setup folder>email settings> Login>menu>service books>send service books. This then re-sent my service books and created 3 calendars for the 3 e-mail accounts I have registered on my device.

I then went to menu>options>advanced options>service books and deleted 2 of the calanders (keeping the one for my main email address).

I then set this calendar as my default calendar by selecting menu>options>advanced options>default services

Next I opened the calendar and selected menu>options
    selected "device default" and typed "MOVE" where it asked me to "move all appointments in base system calendar to ********@*****.ie (my new default calander)" and selected yes.

This moved all my calander entries to my new default calander and removed the old default calendar. The group calendar is still there but in-active as I have set my ********@****.ie to default. Now when i create a new entry it automatically goes to this calendar or if an app creates an new entry it also goes to this calendar.

I then re-synced my calendar with my outlook using DM using my normal sync options. When I did this I got a message saying that the default calander on my device had changed and would I like to sync with this new calander (not exact wording but general idea). I selected yes and it sync'd no problems.

This work around did not remove the group calendar but made it in-active. I hope this helps some people out and works for them too. Surely a "delete calendar" option in Calendar menu would be a whole lot easier

Sort it out RIM
    Last edited by atclaus; 06-09-10 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Additonal information about leaving/joining a BBM group and order of calendars vs default calendar.
    06-09-10 09:25 AM
    To solve the problem of the default calendar go to Options, Advanced Options, Default Services and change your Calendar to the caledar you wish to use. It should work after that.
    06-17-10 02:22 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD