08-07-11 04:41 AM
58 123
tools
    Hey

Can someone explain the purpose of a BBM group and the newly added BBM Group Calendar?

I actually don't want the group calendar appearing as another calendar so would appreciate it if anyone knows a quick way to delete this since it has no entries? I've googled how to delete it but there's no service books for the BBM Calendar so not sure of another way?

Thanks!
    10-09-09 06:53 PM
    a. BBM Group is a way of conferencing up to 30 peoples and a great way of sharing information across the board...

b. if your only using 1 calendar, after u open calendar, menu-Select Calendar, you can select the one you want to see...

b.1 not sure how to hide a calendar itself... researching....
    10-09-09 07:21 PM
    in bbm, go to groups, menu-group Details, scroll down to Message List Integration, some activites, and select all but calendar... try that...
    10-09-09 07:22 PM
    in bbm, go to groups, menu-group Details, scroll down to Message List Integration, some activites, and select all but calendar... try that...
    this should remove the entry(ies) that are in the group calendar out of your calendar....
    10-09-09 07:25 PM
    Thanks Kevin

Justs didn't know what the actual purpose of the groups feature was was you can conference people together that aren't in a group anyways, suppose it's the whole FB style thing.

Nah none of that worked, infact I didn't have the Group Calendar until I decided to create and then delete a group to see what it actuall was then the Group Calendar appeared and now I have no groups anyways!

I have all calendars selected anyways as I'm nervous that somehow important stuff will end up in that calendar by mistake if you know what I mean...
    10-09-09 07:31 PM
    Actually there's a quick way of merging calendars for future reference:

Goto Calendar, select options from the menu then type MOVE and it will offer you the merge!

Still doesn't delete the calendar which is really what I wanna do, don't know why RIM make it sooo difficult to delete BB Calendars! surely just a delete option would be enough!?
    10-09-09 07:41 PM
    I was in real estate... the great thing about that was... hey. i could put an open house on there and 29 other Top Agents would see it and would get notified on the bb about the event, huge selling point...

planning a bb party? or a trip? put the events in there and know that everyone has the same itinerary and all get there at the same point... Im going to be using this for our family reunion coming up...

as long as ur options, advanced options, default services Calendar is set to something other then the BB groups, you will be fine... theres no syncing of the other calendars to the BB groups calendar...
    10-09-09 07:48 PM
    Actually there's a quick way of merging calendars for future reference:

Goto Calendar, select options from the menu then type MOVE and it will offer you the merge!

Still doesn't delete the calendar which is really what I wanna do, don't know why RIM make it sooo difficult to delete BB Calendars! surely just a delete option would be enough!?
    I dont see a Move feature, but when i highlight one of my entries... theres a share with Group Feature.... kinda cool me thinks..

hahah just figure out the move thing... thats really cool
    Last edited by sourkevin; 10-09-09 at 07:53 PM. Reason: to save on paper and the environment...
    10-09-09 07:49 PM
    I'm still desperate to delete this Group calendar, any ideas ppl?

Even though my gmail is set as my default service calendar for some reason when I create a new entry it uses the group calendar and I have to remember to change it! HELP
    10-10-09 08:04 AM
    Have you tried Calendar->menukey->Select Calendar and select your gmail?
    10-10-09 09:31 AM
    Yeah but all that does is show me just my gmail entries which is great but if I select a date and click to make a new entry it automatically reverts to "Send Using: Groups" at the top of the new calendar entry instead of Send Usinf: xxx.xxx@gmail.com!

I've fixed it for now by wiping the device and restoring a backup which somehow removed the Groups calendar, I defo won't be joining or creating a group again until RIM give us the ability to DELETE/REMOVE a calendar! surely this is basic stuff!

It's obviously still a bit buggy as I had gmail set as my defaul device yet it reverts to the group calendar when making a new entry! Hmmm...
    10-10-09 09:54 AM
    Just go into the bbm app and to the calendar. It will allow you to delete the events so that it won't be on ur calendar any more or if you like the event just keep it and it'll be on ur calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 09:56 PM
    Just go into the bbm app and to the calendar. It will allow you to delete the events so that it won't be on ur calendar any more or if you like the event just keep it and it'll be on ur calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry mate, think you've mis-understood. I don't have any Groups in MMB as I left/deleted them BUT I still have a Calendar called "Groups".

For some reason it's using the Groups calendar by default instead of my gmail one when I create new entries. I've checked Default Services and they're both set to my gmail calendar so not sure what there is to get around this and REMOVE the Groups Calendar as I DO NOT want it! lol

I've also tried typing WIPE with the calendar selected and it says the unknown calendar is not enabled and do I want to wipe anyways which I choose YES and it still remains....I've also tried clearing ALL calendars using DM and deleting BBM 5.0

The way I got around it was by wiping the whole device and restoring from backup, a backup that was taken when Groups WAS showing as a calendar so I'm guessing it's a bug or something...
    10-11-09 06:57 AM
    Well not sure why you had this problem. When I create a new event in the calendar app it always uses my default email address.
    10-11-09 07:05 AM
    I had the same issue, plus when I tried syncing my phone with outlook it would sync everything except the calendar. I made different entries on both phone and in outlook. Wiped phone, reinstalled everything except bbm5
    10-11-09 07:59 AM
    I am having the same issue after I accepted a group for my friends and then I erased it thinking it would get rid of the calander.
    10-13-09 10:56 AM
    I've read all the posts here but I'm still lost...

I have a today theme and ever since I've downloaded BBM 5.0, none of my calendar appointments show up anymore. Only the events in my BBM group...any advice on how I can fix this?
    10-13-09 08:08 PM
    Hi,

Apparently, I am having the same problem as you.
    I cannot sync my bb to my outlook AFTER I INSTALL BBM 5.0
    I have searched around on the internet and it seems that BBM5.0 is the cause of this.
    Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is there any workaround?

im running outlook 2007
    App version 4.6.1.250

Thank you very much.
    10-13-09 10:14 PM
    I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM DARRENP.

Dam this it is so snnoying and I want to remove it from the calender as well bearing in mind that I had in fact left all my group and do not belong to any as we speak.

It is very annoying and all I want to have if I cannot delete it is use my god dam gmail calendar as my default one instead of this CRAPPPPP...
    10-15-09 03:45 AM
    Yeah I know, I fixed it by doing a backup, deleting BBM 5.0 then wiping the handheld then restoring the backup then installing BBM 5.0 and it finally removed the Groups Calendar.

I'm not sure if that actually worked or if a combination of other bits I tried helped but it's gone and back to normal now...I am NEVER joining a BBM 5.0 Group again!

I'm sick of not being able to remove calendars, what a pain! I just wanted to have my Gmail Calendar as my ONLY calendar without the worry of new appointments going into another calendar....sort it out RIM! even a warning when you join a group that it will then create a groups calendar do you wish to proceed would be better than nothing!

Good luck guys!
    10-15-09 07:43 AM
    Agree 100%. Had two calls with BB this week to get me synching my calendar again.

I still have this unknown calendar that was set up as part of a group. I deleted the group but the calendar is still there.

They have to come up with a fix to delete this calendar.
    10-16-09 02:39 PM
    Sorry mate, think you've mis-understood. I don't have any Groups in MMB as I left/deleted them BUT I still have a Calendar called "Groups".

For some reason it's using the Groups calendar by default instead of my gmail one when I create new entries. I've checked Default Services and they're both set to my gmail calendar so not sure what there is to get around this and REMOVE the Groups Calendar as I DO NOT want it! lol

I've also tried typing WIPE with the calendar selected and it says the unknown calendar is not enabled and do I want to wipe anyways which I choose YES and it still remains....I've also tried clearing ALL calendars using DM and deleting BBM 5.0

The way I got around it was by wiping the whole device and restoring from backup, a backup that was taken when Groups WAS showing as a calendar so I'm guessing it's a bug or something...
    what makes you think its your default calendar? because its selected first? well it just lists them in alphabetical order, and since that has a logo instead of a word, it lists that first, just cause its first doesn't make it default, your default calendar is whatever is selected under default services, period. if what you mean is that when you go to make a new entry, and the selection it defaults to is the group calendar, then yeah thats some sort of bug, i'm on a bold, running .238, and just tried to duplicate it, its not happening here.
    10-16-09 06:17 PM
    I called carrier. We deleted all service book calendars and they resent the service books. Group is gone and i was finally able to sync with outlook.
    10-17-09 12:31 PM
    I called carrier. We deleted all service book calendars and they resent the service books. Group is gone and i was finally able to sync with outlook.
    in the future, just FYI, you can resend service books yourself, through att's bis page.
    10-17-09 02:13 PM
    hey guys...having problems with some of my contacts to invite them to a group...is it because they dont have the new bbm????? email me back....cgrass@vzw.blackberry.net
    10-17-09 05:18 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD