Updated to BBM 5.0 the other day and tried joining a group chat. After the group was loaded up it had 31 members, then my phone started to lag horribly. Would take about 45seconds to move the selector from one line to another, even after a battery pull I still was having this problem, was forced to load a backup onto my phone, good thing i had one from this morning so i did not loose much.
    Last edited by Hax0rPunk; 11-14-09 at 10:29 AM.
    11-13-09 08:08 PM
    for a group thats constantly updating stuff and ongoing conversations and pic updates, yea its a huge lag. i had to leave 2 groups because i couldnt take it anymore.
    11-14-09 04:37 AM
    thats disappointing, hopefully rim will fix this issue soon
    11-14-09 10:30 AM
    thats disappointing, hopefully rim will fix this issue soon
    i don't think its an issue, i mean i know it exists, but its lagging because you're getting constant data updates from 30 other people, its not really a fixable issue, the fix is to not be in a group, the phone is always going to lag when theres a stream of a data eating at it like that, battery too
    11-14-09 04:22 PM
    i don't think its an issue, i mean i know it exists, but its lagging because you're getting constant data updates from 30 other people, its not really a fixable issue, the fix is to not be in a group, the phone is always going to lag when theres a stream of a data eating at it like that, battery too
    you do have a point there, but then again due to the amount of lag that occurs while in a chat group, it kinda defeats having this feature. imo i consider this a bug, and do believe rim can fix this
    11-14-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD