Anyone else feel like seasons pass while waiting to transfer a file or picture on the new BLACKBERRY MESSENGER?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 04:46 AM
    yeah i have had several time out...mostly when on a spotty connection with the RIM servers. Best thing is the send as the "small" option instead of the huge file and it seems to work. I think the servers are loaded for one thing right now.
    10-09-09 04:50 AM
    Same issues here. Gave up after about 5 minutes. Just had them send them via email attachments. I have also had problems with delivery times and other server realated issues.
    10-09-09 06:18 AM
    I've had the same problem on my curve 8330...it's never taken longer than 5 minutes tops. I hate that you have to save the picture to view it...what was rim thinking?
    10-09-09 07:13 AM
    I've had the same problem on my curve 8330...it's never taken longer than 5 minutes tops. I hate that you have to save the picture to view it...what was rim thinking?
    Dont want anyone finding the naked dudes? Its ok. I have to hide my sexy goats.
    10-09-09 07:20 AM
    Dont want anyone finding the naked dudes? Its ok. I have to hide my sexy goats.
    actually im more into the naked chicks...but you wouldnt know bc you don't have my bbm so you cant see my sexy hot naked chick avy!

yea don't let your job find them sexy goats you like to google!
    10-09-09 07:22 AM
    actually im more into the naked chicks...but you wouldnt know bc you don't have my bbm so you cant see my sexy hot naked chick avy!

yea don't let your job find them sexy goats you like to google!
    I got: Owned. Pwned. Boom Goes the Dynamite. FAIL. (Insert meme here).
    10-09-09 08:09 AM
    Wow. You guys don't need a better bbm, you both need a head doctor...lol. J/k.
    Seriously, on my old BlackBerry messenger I could send files pretty quick.
    With this one, even small files are a pain.

10-09-09 08:27 PM
    Same Problem here. Using the Storm. File transfers never go or they stop half way. Very Frustrating!
    10-15-09 10:02 AM
    is there a way to Auto-Accept files to be received? i've checked the menu's but see none. I never had a picture send request time-out on me before. pretty annoying.
    10-15-09 10:20 AM
    Yes why is it it takes sooo long to send and even receive pics on this new BBM I thought, newer should be better no?? is everyones experincing the same slooow speeds. There are some times were my contact cant even receive pics even after several tries!
    10-18-09 06:55 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one. I have had nothing but problems sending files since the upgrade. Even it's own "send voice note" feature doesn't wory. Ugh. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Such a pain.
    11-08-09 04:48 PM
    is there a fix?

11-08-09 07:03 PM
    The previous beta wasn't like that.. The latest bbm is another example of 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

11-08-09 07:31 PM
    I'm having the same problems. Time-outs, files not getting through, insanely slow transfer speeds.

What's the deal RIM? How could you mess this up so bad?

I can live with having to "accept" a transfer since not everyone has unlimi data. But having to save the file is stupid. Having it expire if you don't accept within a certain time frame is ridiculous. And having it hang up half way through a tansfer is painfully frustrating.

They have singled handedly ruined the best app they have.
    11-09-09 10:23 AM
    I'm soo frustrated with the BBM cuz yes I too can't send pics....it sucks..I have tried everything & the only thing that seems to work is a batt pull then send pics/files if not them try the small pic option like above mentioned.

Its just like the Slacker/Camera mix up...if u are on Slacker u can't take a pic..even AFTER u shut down Slacker..it just disables it till u restart for what ever reason ...

11-09-09 10:55 AM
    I have used a workaround successfully...add the person you want to send pics to a BBM group..then sending pics is instantaneous just like good ol 4.7....
    11-09-09 12:49 PM
    Yes that works but making groups for everyone u chat with is a lil toooo much IMO

11-09-09 03:56 PM
    Yes, that is a bit tedious, but it's a decent alternative for the time being until they fix this, which I REALLY hope they are planning on doing! thanks Kazmi.
    11-11-09 02:56 PM
    I have used a workaround successfully...add the person you want to send pics to a BBM group..then sending pics is instantaneous just like good ol 4.7....
    Hey a workaround is exactly that - a workaround. I'm shocked that BBM would have been released with MMS broken. I mean, now that even the iPhone can send MMS messages RIM thinks that it would be chic to go back to NOT being able to??
    11-11-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD