Just a few questions about the new 5.0.

1) How can i put my barcode on the Internet for others to scan.
    2) Now that you can SMS via BBM, you think you'll still be charged SMS?
    I think i already know the answer to this question but i thought why not throw it out there.

Thanks a lot.
    10-09-09 11:50 AM
    1) get an app like CaptureIt and take a screenshot of your bb while it's displaying your barcode, then just transfer the picture to your computer
    2) I am fairly certain you are just sending SMS from the bbm screen, so I would assume you would still be charged normally (like I said, I am fairly certain but can't say 100% for sure)
    10-09-09 12:03 PM
    to get your barcode off your phone and onto a computer follow these steps:
    1. open BBM 5.0
    2. press the menu button and select my profile
    3. scroll down to 'display my barcode' and click
    4. once barcode is displayed, hit menu button and select save barcode image.

The barcode will now be saved under your media and you can now either send it as an email, mms, or transfer it to your computer etc;
    10-09-09 01:43 PM
    There is no way to send SMS from BBM, it just redirects you to the regular SMS functionality of the phone. It's just a convenience option in the BBM menu.
    10-09-09 02:33 PM
    There is no way to send SMS from BBM, it just redirects you to the regular SMS functionality of the phone. It's just a convenience option in the BBM menu.
    i don't even see where or how to do this, can you point me in the right direction?
    10-09-09 02:53 PM
    i don't even see where or how to do this, can you point me in the right direction?
    Go to the BBM, cursor over a contact, hit the menu button and you'll see a whole pile of options for SMS/MMS/email/etc. Not sure if this works for every contact in there, maybe only the ones that are actually in your address book.
    10-09-09 03:06 PM
    you need OS 5 to have the BBM SMS feature
    10-09-09 06:51 PM
    Now I'm confused,

So if you have os 5.0 then you can sms contacts that don't have bbm but it displays like its bbm? Or what's the deal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:01 PM
    Now I'm confused,

So if you have os 5.0 then you can sms contacts that don't have bbm but it displays like its bbm? Or what's the deal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    as far as i read, yes that is correct, you can "bbm" texts ie) i "bbm" (text) my dumbphone phone and it goes as a text to their phone, but looks like BBM on our phone
    sorry i'm not good at explaining lol hope that makes sense
    10-09-09 09:06 PM
    With everyone upgrading to 5.0, is anyone's BBM down right now? I'm still using the old one because I keep getting an error message when I try to upgrade it. But as of right now, my BBM is down.
    10-10-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD