Just DL'ed BBM 5.0 (pretty sweet upgrade) and noticed that I no longer can see when one of my contacts is "typing" back to me.

I running good old official 4.7.148 so my guess would be that maybe when running OS 5.0 the "typing" status will return. So I am chalking this up to a OS quirk.

Anyone else experience the same thing? Any thoughts if my guess is right on the money?

Also, I hear that until OS 5.0 is running on the device the full potential/features of BBM 5.0 are not going to be available. Is this true and what are the missing features as I run 4.7.148?

Thanks in advance all.
    10-09-09 10:22 AM
    sms feature for 5.0 only
    receiving large media files for 5.0 only

i can c "*user* is typing" (im on 5.0.0.230)
    10-09-09 11:30 AM
    "Note: BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and later is required for the SMS functionality."

Kind of like buying a new car and being told you don't get a steering wheel its on backorder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Steve 3073; 10-09-09 at 11:37 AM.
    10-09-09 11:34 AM
    I am experiencing the same thing. I am unable to see when my contacts are typing back to me.
    I miss that feature

I'm running the same OS as you on my Tour.
    10-09-09 12:08 PM
    i have .148 and i can see person's name "is writing a message" so i'm not sure why yours doesn't work
    10-09-09 12:09 PM
    i have .148 and i can see person's name "is writing a message" so i'm not sure why yours doesn't work
    same here, only time i dont see it is when i have horrible reception.
    10-09-09 12:29 PM
    running .148 and can see when a contact is typing a message
    10-09-09 12:36 PM
    I see it some, it all depends on the length of the message the other person is writing. I am running 4.7.something. It is the recent one for the Tour and Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 01:23 PM
    i just wanna kno if you wanna type a PIN number on the updated BBM how can u do that because ... if you type a PIN it wont let you add that person it only gives the the option to add only an email
    10-09-09 01:28 PM
    i just wanna kno if you wanna type a PIN number on the updated BBM how can u do that because ... if you type a PIN it wont let you add that person it only gives the the option to add only an email
    if you hit the bb key (to the right of the phone) and do invite a contact, the choice i get is e-mail, PIN or name for the top one with the envelope, do you only get e-mail there?
    10-09-09 04:28 PM
    I have exactly the same problem with mine, I'm running BBM 5.0.0.33 on a Bold with Vodafone (UK). Just installed it and I cannot see when the other person is 'typing a message'. It's not a major problem but I want to get it fixed - you guys seem to be missing the point... would you want to download a new application and not have it working properly??! It doesn't matter how small the problem is.

I just broadcast a message to all of my 43 contacts and only one person has come back saying they have the same issue, everyone else's is working fine.

I have tried a hard reset and it does not change anything...
    10-29-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD