Has anyone noticed that you can't change the profile picture with the latest version? In the previous 5.0's there was a way to change the profile picture but now I can't seem to find the option. Not that I don't mind seeing the pictures that my friends have choosen but I prefer to see their faces opposed to their pet's face. (Not that I'm not an animal lover) If anyone out there has a suggestion on how to correct this I would appreciate your opinions.
    12-30-09 12:53 PM
    so hitting the profile pic in contact info doesnt work for you or you dont remember how to do it? Im confused.
    12-30-09 12:59 PM
    Not on the latest version. When you hit the picture it just opens it up and then when you hit the BB button it doesn't give you a command to switch it to the contact picture you have in your address book.
    12-30-09 01:04 PM
    On my S2 on 428 OS all I have to do is tap the profile pic to change it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 01:06 PM
    Right in the BBM profile of the person (not the pic of them) is an option for Display Pictures, it says Use Blacberry Contact Image, yes or no.
    12-30-09 01:29 PM
    It also allows you to use their fb photo as well....
    12-30-09 01:32 PM
    ridesno159 before the last update I did have that option. But with the latest one that just dropped that option is no longer available. I went options and unchecked "Replace Caller ID pictures with Display Pictures" and that still hasn't fixed the problem.
    12-30-09 01:35 PM
    Have you downloaded the new blackberry messenger? if so, thats the problem. Blackberry is having some serious issues with the latest update.
    12-30-09 01:40 PM
    What version do you have? Is it 5.0.0.57? If it is I would delete BBM (back up contacts first in BBM if you haven't yet) and re-install it. www.blackberry.com/messenger. I have the option to change the pic to a contact pic in both the profile of the contact and the options of BBM (both work), so there has to be some kind of problem with yours.
    12-30-09 01:42 PM
    Right in the BBM profile of the person (not the pic of them) is an option for Display Pictures, it says Use Blacberry Contact Image, yes or no.
    That's how I brought mine forward...worked like a charm.
    12-30-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD