I upgraded to BBM 5.0 on my Blackberry Bold and I can see most of my contacts pics except for one. I know for a fact that they also upgraded to BBM 5.0 on their 8310 Pearl

It's not really a big deal but it is annoying and would like to figure out a fix.

Any help is appreciated.
    we had both already done multiple battery pulls
    10-09-09 09:49 AM
    I upgraded to the official version yesterday. I had pics from others that had the unofficial version. But now I have nothing. I rebooted, did a battery pull even deleted and redownloaded it but did not upload my saved contacts, resent my contact request. Still no pics even from other I know have upgraded and added pics. What to do now? Anyone that can help??????
    10-09-09 11:25 AM
    Both try a battery pull, should fix it.
    10-09-09 11:35 AM
    already tried battery pulls and didnt work
    10-13-09 09:15 AM
    Slightly off-topic, but perhaps someone can answer this: Besides changing your status to "Busy" is there any way to shut down the BBM app like you would any other app you aren't using at the moment?
    10-13-09 11:26 AM
    No, there is no way to shut it down.

The Messages, browser, home, BBM, phone and visual voicemail cant be shut down
    10-13-09 11:56 AM
    You have to link your BBM contact to the contact in Contacts to see those pics. When you have your BBM contact open, hit the menu key and click link to contact.
    10-13-09 12:09 PM
    I am having the same problem. Linking bbm names to your contact list will make it display the picture that you have of them on your phone. For example, 1 of my bb contacts profile picture is a picture of his name. When I link it to his contact info in my list, it displays a picture of his face (one that I took recently). The problem we are having is that the original picture (the picture of his name) is suddenly no longer showing up. I have done multiple battery pulls as well and a reinstall and it has not fixed this problem. My bbm also occasionally freezes, in which case I have to pull the battery to be able to click on anything.

Edit:
    Running .238 hybrid and the official bbm5.0 release (.33)
    Last edited by JNSJr; 10-13-09 at 03:09 PM. Reason: More info
    10-13-09 03:07 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...roblem-332395/

just found this thread when searching
    10-13-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD