12-17-09 06:07 AM
77 1234
tools
    So far I have a lot of the same issues, but none bad enough to make me try to download the old version back, which at this point that may be pretty hard, when I first downloaded 5.0, I lost bbm completely and couldnt get it back, luckily I was able to figure how to get 5.0 to work..but my issues are R or D doesnt always appear, tho contact is getting msg....I used to love bbm for sending pics quickly, but if I choose "send file" it takes a min to load my pic thumbnails, and then the person has to accept and then it takes a min to send....if I choose a pic from my folder and choose "send to messenger contact" it makes me crop, which is very annoying but the pic does go thru much quicker that way...I also had to save a pic for all my contacts to the new address book entry I had to make in order to have pics show in avatar...havent tried the move convo to homescreen....overall its a little more "laggy" but my curve is at the end of the road and memory is low on it and so its been laggy for a few months....Tour next month when I upgrade
    07-19-09 11:14 AM
    anyone else have their conversations auto deleting from BBM? I seem to have just noticed this, if I am not actively talking to people, BBM automatically closes the conversation. And I don't have the history saved, normally I used to have days of conversations saved.
    07-19-09 11:16 AM
    Back to BBM4.0

All you have to do is reinstall the OS you have on your computer.
    It will overwrite BBM 5.0 files
    Then run apploader, check Blackberry Messenger
    iT should have Size 463k = BBM4.

Next
    And you are back.

Please make sure you saved your contacts somewhere because you wont have any contacts back

Cheeeeers!
    07-19-09 11:17 AM
    Back to BBM4.0

All you have to do is reinstall the OS you have on your computer.
    It will overwrite BBM 5.0 files
    Then run apploader, check Blackberry Messenger
    iT should have Size 463k = BBM4.

Next
    And you are back.

Please make sure you saved your contacts somewhere because you wont have any contacts back

Cheeeeers!
    No go here
    07-19-09 11:22 AM
    No go here

What happened?
    07-19-09 11:26 AM
    A fix for those who wish to downgrade back to BBM 4.6. You will need to go control panel uninstall a program -> uninstall BlackBerry Device Software 4.6. Re download the Current OS that you use whether it be .247,.266,.282. You will have to Reinstall the OS. On your device go to Options->Advanced Options->Applications and DELETE BBM. Your phone may/may not have to reboot. Plug your phone in and launch Desktop Manager. Run the Add/Remove Applications. Re install BBM from there (click the check to re add). run the installer and your good to go.

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR DEVICE PRIOR TO UNINSTALL, You will LOSE ALL BBM contacts and need to re add them manually if you dont back it up
    07-19-09 11:31 AM
    No go here
    What happened?

Yeah, this didnt work for me before I was able to get 5.0 working, I tried everything to get 4.5 back, DM, Blackberry.com/messenger......in DM the only option was to remove BBM 4.5.....my cuz also lost hers on her Tour, cant get back thru DM either
    07-19-09 11:35 AM
    Yeah, this didnt work for me before I was able to get 5.0 working, I tried everything to get 4.5 back, DM, Blackberry.com/messenger......in DM the only option was to remove BBM 4.5.....my cuz also lost hers on her Tour, cant get back thru DM either

i did it in 5mins.
    No need to Delete BBM on my phone.
    Just reinstalled my OS.
    Plug my BB - Apploader - Check BBM (size = 463k)
    and i was back

mmmmm

The OTA link did not work for me either.
    07-19-09 11:38 AM
    Sounds like you lucked out.
    07-19-09 11:56 AM
    I have found two bugs:

1. No message delivery report. There is no way of telling whether the other person receive it or not. Sometimes there is no R and the other person will reply to the thread.

2. Getting the same message delivered more than once. The repetition occurred sometimes 10 to 15 minutes later.
    07-19-09 09:52 PM
    had a data outage of some sort last night. could not receive, send

bold, tmobile
    07-19-09 10:50 PM
    if you wanna downgrade, do a backup with DM, then delete messenger on your device in the options>advanced>applications, then on the computer you need to get rid of the app loader files for BBM5.
    to do this go to my C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared and delete the folder in there called loader files.
    re-download your ROM from blackberry.com or wherever you got it from if you upgraded and reinstall that on the computer, once that is done you can load up DM again and go into aploader and selct the check next to Blackberry Messenger, and then hit next and it will install BBM4.6
    then go back and do a restore from backup to the device and that will load your BBM contacs.
    07-19-09 11:50 PM
    when i say ROM i mean OS..... got linked back to my windows mobile days over at XDA-Developers
    07-19-09 11:52 PM
    The lag is unbearable yesterday and today... at times it seemed fine... everything was responsive... but after awhile.. the lag came back again...

I can hardly chat with anyone... messages takes up to hours before they get delivered... i don't think RIM is ready for BBM5... the app takes up too much bandwidth with all the new features...

I'm downgrading back to BBM4 if the lag still persist end of today... this is too bad... I loved the new features of BBM5... especially the save history feature...

BTW.. i noticed another bug... at times the checkbox for display as busy when in a phonecall would be available.. at other times the checkbox isn't there... anybody noticed that?
    07-20-09 12:50 AM
    after a day of use the chat history has stopped working. a battery pull does nothing to bring back the functionality. it was working fine a few hours ago but now it just says "Loading..." when i try to view the history for a chat.
    07-20-09 12:59 AM
    is there any way to avoid the cropping thing when you want to send a picture? and also when sending voice notes, after you click or select the voice notes option it prompts you with a question saying: start recording now? it was better in the previous version that you clicked once and that was all, and also now after a while the voice notes are removed from the conversation and saved into the voice notes folder in the media, hope this all gets fixed!!
    07-20-09 06:33 AM
    i had it screw up my storm twice while trying to scan a barcode.

first time changed it to really bad colors and blurred the screen. just shut off and it fixed it.

second time it turned the screen black and i had to pull the batt for it to work again. other than that i havnt had any issues, it shows if a message is read, seems to work fast, havnt tried to send a pic yet
    07-20-09 06:59 AM
    07-20-09 07:24 AM
    Location Sharing worked the first day or so after BBM 5.0 was leaked.. Since the 'crash' it hasn't. I have a feeling that RIM or VZW who ever controls the servers that handle BBM data disabled it for the time being.
    07-25-09 12:05 PM
    i installed bbm 5.0..had a lot of problems...reverted back to 4.6 but still seem to have problems with undelievered messages...

seems like its the server issue not the bbm....so i changed it back to 5.0
    07-25-09 01:54 PM
    im finding that when i accept a new contact it just goes on pending.. any ideas why? they asked me, i accepted they should then just be added. Anyone else find the same?
    07-27-09 01:37 AM
    I just d/l BBM 5.0 today, and so far so good after 1 full day of usage. However the only thing I really have noticed is unlike the original BBM I don't get to see my entire conversation. The original BBM shows the chat history that could go back for days the new 5.0 only shows starting at a specific time.
    07-29-09 01:06 AM
    seems like the problems with messages not going through has finally died down. maybe the problem was really on RIMs side and they were just flooded with all the people using the new BBM.
    07-29-09 03:10 AM
    I have jumped back to BBM 4.6 for now, i did enjoy the new version of BBM.. But there are still a few quirks that need to be worked out. It was fun to get a nice preview of it though..
    how did you go back to the old bbm? i can't seem to get it back and i really don't like 5.0 :/
    08-06-09 11:30 AM
    If I am scanning a barcode, and let the backlight turn off, I have to do a battery pull to get the screen to come back on again. Anyone else with this issue?
    08-17-09 02:50 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD