12-17-09 06:07 AM
77 1234
tools
    I like screen real-estate. Is there any way to turn off Avatars so that each user is displayed on a single-line? I am guessing not, since it is not obvious to find this option.
    07-18-09 05:42 PM
    Update :

When you move a person to home screen . You will find him/her in the downloads folder , from there you would be able to movie him/her around as you wish .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do you move a person to the home screen?
    07-18-09 06:28 PM
    I have that exact same problem with the D and R not being displayed, only a check mark.
    07-18-09 09:12 PM
    I have that exact same problem with the D and R not being displayed, only a check mark.
    It's very annoying because you never know if the messages actually go through anymore.
    07-18-09 09:27 PM
    I noticed...it doesn't state whether the message has been delivered or read.

this is ANNOYING! oh well.
    07-18-09 10:47 PM
    What are the chances of finding an OTA link to the old version?
    I don't have a backup on this PC
    07-18-09 10:57 PM
    Receiving pictures (as listed above) seems to take forever with no preview. Let's hope that gets fixed!
    Last edited by boiseit; 07-18-09 at 11:33 PM.
    07-18-09 11:21 PM
    i am having the same problem with the sent notifications and read notifications, after talking with a buddy for a while and checking what was received and not received, we have confirmed that the messages are not making it accross the network, is this a problem that everyone is having?

for those that are having this issue what OS and branding do you have?

.247 and unbranded.
    07-19-09 01:28 AM
    anybody have a link to where i can download the origional BBM via OTA or via DM
    07-19-09 01:29 AM
    anybody have a link to where i can download the origional BBM via OTA or via DM
    +1 mines been down all night
    07-19-09 02:00 AM
    i want the 4.6 ver of bbm too... but idk how am i suppose to get it

blackberry.com/messenger won't work cos my is version 4.6
    Last edited by krad1992; 07-19-09 at 02:19 AM.
    07-19-09 02:12 AM
    Yeesh this thing really lags! makes it a bit difficult to have a conversation> i might have to resort back to calling people! how archaic!
    07-19-09 02:19 AM
    I got the same problems as other ppl. But these are some of my findings of having 5.0 for a day.

1. Avartar's wouldnt work. Me and a friend both took the plunge and couldn't see each other's pic.

2. Single conversations could be moved to the home screen, but group converstions could not. They'll probably fix this...I hope.

3. Location sharing didn't really work for me and my friend. It would send, but couldn't view the location.

4. You can only "Set Alert" on Unavailable contacts. On 4.6, you can set an alert on a contact to notify when they read the msg. But on 5.0, that option doesn't show up unless they are unavailable. If you're just waiting for them to read it, there is no option to set an alert

5. I found once I added an alert on an unavailable contact, it didn't notify me the contact was available again and the alert remained. And when I tried to use the "Clear Alert" option, that option didn't work.

6. Proximity didn't work for me and my friend at all.

7. Delayed msgs. They didn't get sent til couple minutes after. Only happened twice, but again, something that didn't happen on 4.6.

These are just my findings. Everyone's experience is different, so maybe your 5.0 works a lot better than mine. I have reverted back to 4.6 and will probably wait til an Official 5.0 BBM arrives
    07-19-09 03:41 AM
    I have more or less the same PRoblems!
    07-19-09 03:52 AM
    Messages are taking 15 minutes to send to my girlfiends BlackBerry. Grrrrrrr! Full of regret.

07-19-09 05:11 AM
    It's very annoying because you never know if the messages actually go through anymore.
    So Fing annoying. Gotta find away to downgrade.
    07-19-09 05:18 AM
    Why do we have to crop an image in BBM5 while sending one?
    07-19-09 05:21 AM
    i cant really tell if messages are being sent. ive sent a few BBMs to myself and it didnt receive them. the cropping of pictures is also very annoying. i think im gonna go back to the old version.
    07-19-09 05:40 AM
    I have been having the same issues with the D and R appearing.

But I think I have found a remedy, its annoying, but has been working for me.

Usually when sending a BBM, I hit enter then quickly press back, and use my side button to lock it.

I've found, that if you actually wait a few seconds and watch your message go to D, which it should after a few seconds, then the phone has no problem displaying D and R when in a conversation.

Give it a try and see what you find.
    07-19-09 09:27 AM
    well, i experienced several annoying problems that make me want to downgrade. The problems that I encountered are:

1. The system somehow "re-send" old messages (multiple times).
    I.e.: I got three (same) messages from my wife. My friend got couple messages that had been sent by me an hour ago!!!

2. My friend tried to messaged me, and the message delivered to some stranger. So far, I have two of my friends who have this very problem. Totally annoying!

Having said that, can anyone tell me where I can get the previous version of BBM?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by aryokresnadi; 07-19-09 at 10:11 AM.
    07-19-09 09:53 AM
    As far as the cropping picture thingy, i found out that it only happens when you send a picture to someone with lower version of BBM (i.e. from 5.0 to 4.6)

If you send the picture to someone who also has version 5.0, it won't ask you to crop. However, it will ask whether you want to write a description for the picture or not.

Another thing about the 5.0 version : it doesn't compress the picture like it used to. So if you send a 400kb image, it will take quite some time.
    Last edited by aryokresnadi; 07-19-09 at 10:12 AM.
    07-19-09 09:56 AM
    Considering the downgrade...
    07-19-09 10:18 AM
    OTA link = blackberry.com/messenger
    07-19-09 10:24 AM
    OTA link = blackberry.com/messenger
    Again, not working.
    07-19-09 10:33 AM
    My bbm 5.0 is now not sending ANY messages at all. I'm not home so I can't get the old one back from my computer.

The blackberry.com/messenger didn't work for me.

Any link to a working one or any ideas on how to get that one to work would be
    VERY appreciated.

07-19-09 11:01 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD