12-17-09 07:07 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    Clearly this is not the final release and im sure there may be some additional
    modifications by the time OS 5 officially releases. I figure we can all discuss any quirks or bugs that we have found thus far in the new BBM leak. So far i have noticed a few little things..

-status shown as delivered is correct, but it will also occasionally show an "A" from the contact conversation list, if you go in to the message itself it will show that the other person is "writing a response". Clearly they cannot be writing it if they have yet to read it. Thats the only bug i have noticed as of right now...
    07-17-09 06:16 PM
    Interesting. I'll have to check this out.
    07-17-09 06:22 PM
    I have also notice that when sending a picture you have to crop and save before you can send it.
    07-17-09 06:23 PM
    added a display pic and my roommate too and we cant see the display pics..
    07-17-09 06:25 PM
    Interesting. I'll have to check this out.
    yeah keep an eye out for it.. It only happened with one of my contacts.. It even showed with somone who showed they Read it.. It showed Writing a response, but a response never came through and that msg dissapeared after a moment.. (doesnt mean he couldnt have started to and decided not to.. but on two different occasions so far.. i dont think its the case) especially with the one who still shows D
    07-17-09 06:25 PM
    ya ... mine doesnt show if the contact has read it or if the msg has been delivered ... it just shows that sending symbol in red .. and if i asked someone if they got my msg they say ya
    07-17-09 06:38 PM
    Mine shows if the contect read it or not. Under message sent to them, it will show a check mark and the letter R next to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 06:44 PM
    I have noticed it doesn't confirm read correctly on each sent message. I sent two to a friend and only the second message showed R, first still showed D
    07-17-09 06:48 PM
    I have none of these issues....only thing I can is its not as snappy as the previous version of bbm

07-17-09 06:51 PM
    Just to see I resent my service books and I'll let you know how that goes as far as some of the issues.
    07-17-09 06:53 PM
    I believe the service books have helped fix the problem with not showing D or R correctly. seems to work well now.. It still does have a few little quirks but hey, its neat. cannot wait until the final build
    07-18-09 11:21 AM
    not a bug but when I try to send something else but an audio or image file there is a typo...

"Only aoudio or image files are allowed for "contact" "

guess they didnt proof read lol

but I didnt have the D or R bug but it's definately not as snappy as the old version...of course there is alot more UI and this is to be expected but well worth it IMO!
    Last edited by boostnek9; 07-18-09 at 11:28 AM.
    07-18-09 11:26 AM
    Another bug . Im unable to place a contact on the homescreen . Other users have also confirmed this in other threads .

Plus , to send a pic , you have to crop and save .

Finally , If you receive a picture from a contact , you are unable to preview , hence , you must download the full image (300KB or greater) .
    07-18-09 01:12 PM
    Another bug . Im unable to place a contact on the homescreen . Other users have also confirmed this in other threads .

Plus , to send a pic , you have to crop and save .

Finally , If you receive a picture from a contact , you are unable to preview , hence , you must download the full image (300KB or greater) .
    Yes, i havent sent a picture until you mentioned this. I just tested it and can agree that when sending a picture the whole cropping thing is very annoying... Im sure this will be fixed along with adding contacts to the home screen. Keep in mind this is not the most recent version of BBM5.. this is an older leak..
    07-18-09 02:08 PM
    Update :

When you move a person to home screen . You will find him/her in the downloads folder , from there you would be able to movie him/her around as you wish .

07-18-09 02:10 PM
    You cannot see peoples avatars, unless you copy their picture as a phone book contact picture and if they update it you would have to recopy the new one in there again manually instead of it automatically updating.

The new BBM is nice, one thing that can help is to switch from the bubble message to either stripes or standard. You can do this by going to the main BBM screen > options> conversation style. Personally i like the stripes option the best.
    07-18-09 02:24 PM
    My friend and I push the same email account to our respective BBs (work email), and at first he found himself with his AND my contacts, while I had 0. Then my bb "stole" back ALL of the combined contacts, leaving him with 0 and I with everyone of them.

Downgraded.
    07-18-09 02:29 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8330 with 4.5.0.138 and I updated to the BBM 5.0 yesterday. When I try to utilize the Location Sharing feature, I am unable to send my location to contact or retrieve when a contact send me their location.
    07-18-09 02:34 PM
    I have jumped back to BBM 4.6 for now, i did enjoy the new version of BBM.. But there are still a few quirks that need to be worked out. It was fun to get a nice preview of it though..
    07-18-09 02:37 PM
    can't see the display picture
    have to crop and save before sending image
    led notification keep on blinking
    07-18-09 02:44 PM
    The image crop is very annoying.
    07-18-09 03:21 PM
    I think im gonna wait a bit. lol.

nothing is bugless i suppose.
    07-18-09 03:44 PM
    The image crop is very annoying.
    +1,000. It certainly is.
    07-18-09 03:52 PM
    Im sure in a later build many of these issues will be resolved.. I wonder if some of these features are RIM server side modifications as well and not just software based. If thats the case then it would make sense why some features would not work correctly as of now.
    07-18-09 04:47 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8330 with 4.5.0.138 and I updated to the BBM 5.0 yesterday. When I try to utilize the Location Sharing feature, I am unable to send my location to contact or retrieve when a contact send me their location.
    I have a 8830 with BBM 4.3.0 and two 9530's with BBM 5.0.8. For me, it's just a problem with receiving locations. I can successfully send my location from one of the 9530's to the 8830, but not between the two 9530's.
    07-18-09 05:17 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD