11-04-09 09:54 PM
60 123
tools
    After a friend and me tested this for hours we finally figured out that you have to select the Save Display Picture option, which saves it to the memory card or on your phone, then the avatars work fine.
    Where can I find that option?
    10-09-09 12:18 PM
    Menu > My Profile > [Highlight Avatar] > Menu > Save Display Picture
    10-09-09 12:30 PM
    This will only save my own picture to my memory card. Won't help... Guess it's a server problem.
    10-09-09 12:33 PM
    Didn't work for me either.
    10-09-09 02:46 PM
    just be patient, itll eventually work
    10-09-09 06:52 PM
    It seems as though a lot of people are having problems with their avatars on the new BBM 5.0. I installed the new BBM last night and changed my avatar. However, the person I was chatting with said that she didn't see my avatar, but rather my Facebook profile pic.

Then, when I updated my Status Message, she was was able to see the new avatar.

BUT....

I had a couple of friends download the new BBM this morning. They weren't able to see ANY avatar beside my name - no Facebook profile pig, nor the one that I chose manually. What gives?!?! All they see is blank outline.

Anyone else having this problem?

Is there a fix???
    Have you do a remote backup ? if you have , which email address you are using ? If you have more than 1 email add , just use 1 only , and pick from a common email add (yahoo , gmail etc ) . And from message folder select option email setting , message service ? choose email add other than the one you are registering . Email reconciliation ? choose the same email add that you are registering . Hope this will help 'cause it work on mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 02:18 AM
    Fix BBM 5 bugs (Avatar):
    Option
    Advance Option
    Host Routing Table
    Highlight 505 AU [51001030] for Australia or highlight the top one with this number 51001030
    Click BB button
    Click register now
    Click OK

Maintenance:
    1.Clik option
    2.Then Click Mobile Network
    3.Press BB button
    4.Click Dianostic test.
    5. Press BB button
    6.Click Run
    7.Wait till finished
    10-10-09 08:11 AM
    Maintenance:
    1.Clik option
    2.Then Click Mobile Network
    3.Press BB button
    4.Click Dianostic test.
    5. Press BB button
    6.Click Run
    7.Wait till finished
    How long does this take usually? Running diagnostic test for about 10 minutes right now...
    10-10-09 08:32 AM
    Did all of the above but mine still isnt working.. Is this a server problem or can we expect another bbm update soon?
    10-10-09 08:37 AM
    Have you do a remote backup ? if you have , which email address you are using ? If you have more than 1 email add , just use 1 only , and pick from a common email add (yahoo , gmail etc ) . And from message folder select option email setting , message service ? choose email add other than the one you are registering . Email reconciliation ? choose the same email add that you are registering . Hope this will help 'cause it work on mine

I have done a remote backup, but it was with 3 of my emails. When I go into the Remote Backup options, it says that they are all registered. How do you unregister an email - I can't find the option....???
    10-10-09 09:45 AM
    I have done a remote backup, but it was with 3 of my emails. When I go into the Remote Backup options, it says that they are all registered. How do you unregister an email - I can't find the option....???
    Go BBM , option , under contact list , select backup to save a copy of your contact list , there are 2 option , choose backup files remotely , than highlight the register email add , klik , bb menu , select deactivate email

10-10-09 10:21 AM
    LOL. Typical blackberry to always have some issues with newly released software. But then again I think the program's strong points greatly outweigh these minor nuisances.
    10-10-09 11:04 AM
    It's still not working for me Any new hints?

10-10-09 04:26 PM
    OK, folks.....here's what I did to solve the "not receiving avatar" problem. For those recipients who were not receiving my avatar, all using BBM 5.0, I simply had them delete me from their BBM contact list, then I reinvited them to hook up with me, and voila, my avatar showed up on their BBM contact list, and when linked to the Contact application, also showed up there.
    Whether or not this was also due to my previously trying the Host Routing Table method with a battery pull (Quickpull), I don't know, but nothing clicked until we did the delete/reinvite method.
    10-13-09 09:40 AM
    Not sure if this helps but try looking at it. I tried something and all my contacts say it works when i change my picture.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-5.0-US.pdf
    10-14-09 10:47 PM
    Not sure if this helps but try looking at it. I tried something and all my contacts say it works when i change my picture.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-5.0-US.pdf
    Uhhmmm...which page should I be looking at?
    10-14-09 11:40 PM
    display pics wont show up when i click enlarge pic for me
    10-15-09 12:03 AM
    Delete and re add Contact seems to work for now!
    10-20-09 07:39 PM
    Yeah I saw that and gave it a shot to no avail
    that option has to be set on the other end in order for your avatar or pic to display the way you want it... just because you want to display a certain avatar or pic doesn't mean that everyone you correspond with wants to see it as well. perhaps they have a custom icon for you that they want to keep, like that picture of you dancing half-naked on the coffee table to Tone-Loc after 15 shots of tequila and as many beers on your last birthday, right before you passed out from alcohol poisoning and they had to rush you to the hospital! ahh, fun times indeed!
    10-20-09 11:56 PM
    i loaded o.s. 5.0 on my phone and a bunch of display pics loaded that didnt load before
    10-21-09 12:57 AM
    None of my contacts can see my avatar either. I will try to re-add them tomorrow and see what happens.
    10-25-09 03:34 AM
    I posted this in the other bbm thread so i will post it here and hope it will help someone with their issue.

I have had this issue to. Our issue seemed to be linked to fb. Fb allows you to link your BBM profile to it. So if you choose that option it will show their Fb profile pic instead of the BBM pic but the other person wont see it. So heres what we did to fix the profile pic from not showing...

1. I had the person delete me from thier bbm.

2. I deleted them from my BBM.

3. They uninstalled/deleted FB.

4. They rebooted/battery pulled device.

5. They uninstalled/deleted BBM.

6. They rebooted/battery pulled device.

7. They reinstalled BBM and then i added them back to my BBM.

Thats when i was able to see thier profile picture. This was after a week of trying other things to fix this problem. They added Fb back after BBM was working again. This worked for 3 of my friends on my BBM. They all had the curve. Dont think the model of the phone would have anything to do with no being able to see the pic though. Oh i had them reinstall BBM through blackberry world application.
    10-26-09 08:25 AM
    that's cool but I don't have fb nor do any of my contacts. I have a feeling it's yet another glitch in BBM 5.
    10-27-09 03:33 AM
    Im freakin tired tryin to figure this display pic bull****...
    when i first got the new bbm it worked fine eventually my pic including other ppl picutre wouldnt update....

I think its a server problem and hopefully it will be fixed soon
    11-02-09 01:23 PM
    i am having the same problem, is horrible...and no answer
    11-02-09 03:59 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD