wasn't sure where to post this but I guess it should go here. i upgraded to BBM 5.0 last night and set my avatar. For some reason only about half the people are able to see it. what's really weird is people with the same OS on the same model phone are able to see it one instance but not another.

i've tried rebooting, readding the contact, and resetting my avatar. still no luck. any ideas?
    10-08-09 12:20 PM
    Question - have all your contacts updated to 5.0? If not, there might be a problem with conflicts between their version and the new version.
    10-08-09 12:22 PM
    Question - have all your contacts updated to 5.0? If not, there might be a problem with conflicts between their version and the new version.
    well not all have but all the ones that i asked if they can see my av are on 5.0. and the legit 5.0 not the leaked one.
    10-08-09 12:25 PM
    I have 1 contact tht it will not update for. I am really not sure why.
    10-08-09 12:34 PM
    I have 1 contact tht it will not update for. I am really not sure why.
    for me it's 3. three can see it and three can't.
    10-08-09 12:41 PM
    nobody?
    10-08-09 01:16 PM
    yeah similar concerns here...my friends who don't have BBM 5.0 obviously don't have an avatar and my friends who did upgrade I am able to see theirs...HOWEVER, with one of my buddies it took a battery pull and about 45 mins to show up on my end, so just be patient...I know this has nothing to do with it but can you imagine how bogged down BBM is...I mean I set my alarm for 5 AM this morning to download it because last night when I tried it timed out like 40 times and I was like forget it..did it this morning with absolutely no problems!
    10-08-09 01:18 PM
    yeah similar concerns here...my friends who don't have BBM 5.0 obviously don't have an avatar and my friends who did upgrade I am able to see theirs...HOWEVER, with one of my buddies it took a battery pull and about 45 mins to show up on my end, so just be patient...I know this has nothing to do with it but can you imagine how bogged down BBM is...I mean I set my alarm for 5 AM this morning to download it because last night when I tried it timed out like 40 times and I was like forget it..did it this morning with absolutely no problems!
    we both downloaded it last night and he still can't see it
    10-08-09 01:21 PM
    Did you all see the option "Replace Caller ID Pictures With Display Pictures"? Also the fact that you can link/unlink a BBM contact to a contact in you contacts application? I'm sure these conflicting things are the source for a lot of your confusions.
    10-08-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD