10-13-09 12:31 PM
112 ... 345
tools
    My husband has an 8330 and app world opened up fine on his phone.
    10-09-09 06:51 PM
    Im using an unlocked Storm, I dled the new version, reboot, and NADA. Ive done battery pulls, gone back into appworld, its there, with a red asterik, gives me an option to RUN, but I cant click on it... Damn Storm.... FML anyone able to help me get my Messenger??
    10-09-09 07:20 PM
    Well, after - seriously - 6 install attempts I finally have it working right on my Tour. Didn't do anything different the last time but it finally "took".

@ muggles, be patient and keep trying. I got no help from Blackberry support but finally got things straightended out on my own. No special tricks really just a lot of trying
    10-09-09 07:35 PM
    Here are my problems. Locks up when sending pictures. Takes 10 mins to download a picture sent to me. Declines pictures randomly. Have to press the start button 5-6 times when taking a voice note.

Things I wish were different. The layout is to complex for a messanger that is suppose to be simpler then the other messangers. Wish the content was moveable to make it personable. Wish the conversation started at the bottom instead of the top.

Think ill switch back for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 08:48 PM
    help!!!

i downloaded bbm 5.0 didnt like it and now i cant get my old bbm to come back . it deleted both of them? what can i do to get it back?
    10-09-09 09:02 PM
    I got it on my 8330. It looks great
    10-09-09 09:03 PM
    I'm too new to BB's to tell if these are bugs or just poor designs... is this something that will receive a few quick updates/revisions?
    10-11-09 01:46 AM
    Is it just me, or is the status indicator (green or red dot) and status (available, etc.) of contacts no longer displayed in this version? I swore I saw these things in the last couple days since I've had it, but they aren't there now, even after a battery pull...
    10-11-09 02:41 AM
    That was one of my gripes about 5.0. With the older versions, you were able to tell if a person was idle or not. With the new version, the user has to select busy or a custom message in order for you to see that they are unavailable.

The available indicator is a green dot while the unavailable indicator is the red dot with a white dash through it. I think the version before 5.0 had red dots and green dots (which I liked). Hopefully there will be some sort of update in the near future so you can determine a users status.
    10-11-09 02:45 AM
    I had one of the leaked 5.0 versions before this, and the green dots/red dot with white line status indicators were there for all contacts, all the time, regardless of the version that the other person had. Now it only works with a custom status, and only if the other person has the newer version so they can select a custom status?
    10-11-09 02:53 AM
    Good question. I'm not sure if it has to do with which version the other user is using. I know several people on my list are using the new version and there is nothing that indicates if they are idle or unavailable unless they manually select unavailable from within their profile.
    10-11-09 02:59 AM
    Status indicators are still there. The only thing that's changed is instead of a green dot for "available" status it's a chat bubble with the BB logo in it, and it doesn't actually show the word "available". If a person is busy the indicator will show as the same red dot with the white line and it will say Busy, but the person has to actually select that in their profile same as it's always been.

*EDIT*: OK, my bad, this is only if you have a chat open with the particular contact. To see a contact's status you have to select "Contact profile" in the menu. It is quite odd that there's no status shown in the list.
    Last edited by NoahFecks; 10-13-09 at 12:35 PM.
    10-13-09 12:31 PM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD