10-13-09 11:31 AM
112 ... 2345
tools
    Sending pictures totally blows!!!!! It only sends a request and the recipient has to click "Accept" in order for it to send. Totally unusable! How often is the recipient able to click accept? What if the person is busy? Before it would send and the recipient could look at it days later whenever they had time! Argh!!! Fix some things and really screw up something else!
    10-08-09 12:17 PM
    I had to do it via BlackBerry App World, and it took FOREVER, but it finally installed last night. I'm definitely liking it a bit more than the leaked one, that's for sure. Just kinda sad that I can't use the show what I'm listening to feature in my status or the SMS feature on my 4.5 OS, but other than that, I'm really liking it.
    10-08-09 01:02 PM
    I'm a total BB fan even own tons of shares of RIM but really?! this is what they come out with?! nothing innovative all it does is act slower than the original BBM... total fail for RIM development here!
    10-08-09 01:09 PM
    10-08-09 01:53 PM
    I have the curve 8520 and was able to down load bbm 5.0 and it didn't brick my phone. But for some reason I can't accept the terms of the license agreement. I'll scroll thru them to where I can accept and I click accept but nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem or even better does anyone have a solution to my dilemma?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 02:14 PM
    It looks too much like msn... I think I'm going to keep the old one I like it much better

Or is there a way to reinstall the old one somehow?

10-08-09 06:05 PM
    i like the new "group" feature, the drop box for pics, lis, schedule and stuff

but the sending picture is HORRIBLEEEE! i mean, i have to "accept" and save before i can view it, and receiving a 20kb file took forever how come they say that we can receive bigger files? how long it gonna took me? until my battery drain out? TOTAL FLOP on the sending picture thing

i kinda wish i could downgrade, can anyone tell me how?
    10-08-09 06:46 PM
    Finally have it!
    10-08-09 07:13 PM
    Wow, this was a total waste of time. I wish I had 5.0.0.8 still. This version doesn't even show contacts as available, etc. What a pure piece of trash. The leaked version was far superior, even in the ease of use for menu's etc. I would encourage anyone using 5.0.0.8 to not upgrade, this is junk....not showing if your contacts are available? Really RIM?
    10-08-09 07:57 PM
    ive been using BBM5 official since last night. everything is quicker, from sending messages to sending files..

as far as the fact that you have to "accept" what people are sending you, yea, may seem like a slight hassle, but would you rather just recieve any file that someone tries to send you without attleast seeing who it is from and what it is. ??? if you dont mind just recieving files without having to accept the file and who it is from, feel free to open yourself up to any malicious content that can be sent, looks to be a good security feature

as far as this version showing or not showing contacts as available, mine shows whether they are available, whether they are on phone or whether they are unavailable just fine..

most of the complaints i have seen seem to be from people using 8330 phones, i am not knocking the phone in any way, but the lack of memory that the phone has may be impacting the experience that others that have a phone with more available mem are getting..

if i come accross any fixes to the probs you guys are having i will edit post and post the fixes i find
    10-08-09 08:13 PM
    It's about time!!! RIM was kinda slow on this one. I've been using the leaked version for months now!
    10-08-09 08:18 PM
    ive been using BBM5 official since last night. everything is quicker, from sending messages to sending files..

as far as the fact that you have to "accept" what people are sending you, yea, may seem like a slight hassle, but would you rather just recieve any file that someone tries to send you without attleast seeing who it is from and what it is. ??? if you dont mind just recieving files without having to accept the file and who it is from, feel free to open yourself up to any malicious content that can be sent, looks to be a good security feature

as far as this version showing or not showing contacts as available, mine shows whether they are available, whether they are on phone or whether they are unavailable just fine..

most of the complaints i have seen seem to be from people using 8330 phones, i am not knocking the phone in any way, but the lack of memory that the phone has may be impacting the experience that others that have a phone with more available mem are getting..

if i come accross any fixes to the probs you guys are having i will edit post and post the fixes i find
    Thats weird, I had no issues with .8 but with .33 my contacts do not show whether available or not, no message whatsoever. Just their names and pics if I have a pic of them. I did a battery pull, still the same thing. Its incredibly frustrating to get rid of a version that had everything I needed for the official version that is lacking for me. I cannot believe it will not show which contacts are available! I'm so upset with myself for upgrading...if it ain't broke..etc.

Ah well, curve is going in the drawer as a backup sunday anyway. HTC Hero, here I come. No more gnashing of teeth or head pounding against walls. (I hope)
    10-08-09 08:24 PM
    Thats weird, I had no issues with .8 but with .33 my contacts do not show whether available or not, no message whatsoever. Just their names and pics if I have a pic of them. I did a battery pull, still the same thing. Its incredibly frustrating to get rid of a version that had everything I needed for the official version that is lacking for me. I cannot believe it will not show which contacts are available! I'm so upset with myself for upgrading...if it ain't broke..etc.

Ah well, curve is going in the drawer as a backup sunday anyway. HTC Hero, here I come. No more gnashing of teeth or head pounding against walls. (I hope)
    trust me, i feel for you... i have had no probs whatsoever when i updated to the new official release.. seeing as how i am using a beta 5.0 OS i expected problems, but have had none... a friend of mine using a tour with the latest official release had to reload BBM5 twice and reload his OS to get everything to work as it should.. it really is crazy how some people using the exact same setups have issues and others dont... i have probably been rather lucky with everything working without any issues, which is why i have been trying to post any ideas i have in multiple threads trying to help others
    10-08-09 09:19 PM
    Anyone notice sending messages and receiving has been a lot quicker with this new bbm official update. I noticed I sent check D in like a second. Its a lot faster.
    10-08-09 09:58 PM
    does anyone know how to go back to the old BBM? i can't stand the new one.
    10-08-09 10:24 PM
    I have the curve 8520 and was able to down load bbm 5.0 and it didn't brick my phone. But for some reason I can't accept the terms of the license agreement. I'll scroll thru them to where I can accept and I click accept but nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem or even better does anyone have a solution to my dilemma?

I am having the exact problem and its driving me nuts! C'mon BB guru's, throw me a bone here!
    10-08-09 11:23 PM
    Got an 8310 and BBM 5.0 is working fine so far!
    10-08-09 11:27 PM
    Same here. No issues what-so-ever on an 8310 with the new BBM 5.0. A few small gripes but overall, not too bad. One of those gripes is the active/inactive status not being displayed.
    10-09-09 12:00 AM
    Appworld shows version 5.0.0.33

BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Messenger

COD files pulled from my 9630 for whoever wants them.....

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    "COD files pulled..."

Can anybody rephrase that in noobeze?
    10-09-09 12:56 AM
    Ima ask again:

is there a way to reinstall the old one somehow?
    Thanks

10-09-09 04:59 AM
    Ima ask again:

is there a way to reinstall the old one somehow?
    Thanks

yes, you can do it by going through your dm!
    10-09-09 07:30 AM
    Dl'd it and couldn't accept license. Several batt pulls/uninstalls/reinstalls finally got it to install and accepted license agreement BUT:
    No access to properties
    No access to Options
    No access to My Profile
    No access to Start New Conversation

I was able to invite contacts (sisnce I lost them all uninstalling - yay)

Running Tour 9630 with latest Official OS release

Any suggestions welcome - just next door to a trip to the local VZW store for help
    10-09-09 07:48 AM
    Not sure if this has been asked or not. But is anyone else having a problem sending files such as pics or voice with the new BBM 5.0?
    10-09-09 08:16 AM
    Not sure if this has been asked or not. But is anyone else having a problem sending files such as pics or voice with the new BBM 5.0?
    What type of problems? Someone mentioned something about a voice file but I don't recall their issue. People were sharing their dismay about the fact that you have to accept images now. I'm not sure if you classify that as a problem or not...
    10-09-09 10:25 AM
    Same here. No issues what-so-ever on an 8310 with the new BBM 5.0. A few small gripes but overall, not too bad. One of those gripes is the active/inactive status not being displayed.
    I have this same issue, and its not a gripe. Not being able to see which contacts are available or not available is a deal breaker, not a gripe. It renders the BBM useless, IMO. Cant believe this would be an issue with the new messenger, I wish I never upgraded from 5.0.0.8
    10-09-09 02:22 PM
112 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD