10-08-09 09:02 AM
41 12
tools
    For those of you out there without the AppWorld, here are some OTA links. I'm not sure if they work yet, so please send me your feedback.

StormOTA - BlackBerry Messenger 5 (English)
    StormOTA - BlackBerry Messenger 5 (Multilanguage)
    I got invalid COD. 907. It didn't work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 08:20 PM
    I'm so confused right now...can you add an sms contact that is not a blackberry user? If so, how?
    From what I can tell it basically lets you use it to text as well, I went through and add from my phone contact list. Sorta like an all in one.
    10-07-09 08:20 PM
    Loaded on .167 but deleted. Made my phone act up and had nullpointer exceptions up the wazoo.

It took my phone a couple minutes to iron everything out. Works great now.
    10-07-09 08:21 PM
    quick question....if i have 5.0 the one that was leaked a couple of months ago.. how do i upgrade. just click the link and it will just upgrade or do i delete the current one. also is there a point any update.
    It's much better than the leak, it should just let you upgrade over your existing one, but only if your running a 5.0 OS, this is will only work on those as it's for the upcoming OS releases.
    10-07-09 08:23 PM
    From what I can tell it basically lets you use it to text as well, I went through and add from my phone contact list. Sorta like an all in one.
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong... maybe it's because I'm not on OS 5...
    10-07-09 08:25 PM
    ooooo im happy i didnt download it. i have 146 cuz i cant fig how to get the leak ota.. lol ok ill stick to my leak then.
    10-07-09 08:26 PM
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong... maybe it's because I'm not on OS 5...
    Yes. You have to be using OS 5.0 to use the SMS feature.

Which makes me feel that the OS should pop soon.
    10-07-09 08:30 PM
    Where is this option? I must be blind...
    SMS option go into BBM click BB and select invite contact..than you have 3 choices one being SMS...sweet!!
    10-07-09 08:33 PM
    It's much better than the leak, it should just let you upgrade over your existing one, but only if your running a 5.0 OS, this is will only work on those as it's for the upcoming OS releases.
    blackberry messenger v5.0 installed over my v4.6 no problems.
    Attn: This site below thats posted on crackberry.com didn't work for me. You must have to download from Blackberry App world on your phone. I did it works fine n looks good. It you want to visit my site about my injury where i was shot in the back and paralyzed go to Spinal cord injury spasms Pain wound Jeffrey Ramsey shot paralyzed forced to close business help us
    Download BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 From App World >>
    Or Visit blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger from your BlackBerry's web browser to download without App World. The blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger didn't work on my phone but you can get it on appworld like crackberry said.
    Last edited by bamajeff61; 10-07-09 at 09:03 PM. Reason: I wanted to add more information about v5.0 over 4.6
    10-07-09 08:36 PM
    SMS option go into BBM click BB and select invite contact..than you have 3 choices one being SMS...sweet!!
    Yea when running 4.7 there are only two options. I was hoping OS 5 was not needed for the integrated sms feature. I hate the screen transitions and the fact that I can't use opera mini in socket mode on OS 5. If this threaded sms is leaps and bounds better than the threaded sms in "messages" on OS 5 (not bringing you to the middle of a conversation), then maybe it will be worth the move back to os 5.
    10-07-09 08:38 PM
    Yes Here is the correct link if you DONT want to download it from App World

Download directly from your browser

http://www.blackberry.com/send/messenger
    10-07-09 08:38 PM
    Has a sweet contacts backup feature. Can backup remotely to an email or local to ur SD card! SMS option just opens up the regular SMS app. Seems this just makes a shortcut

10-07-09 10:36 PM
    When you do this does it send an actual invite to the person or just add them to BBM in your phone? That sucks if it sends an invite. All the people I text are gonna be like WTF is this I already text with you, most people I know don't own BB's.
    10-08-09 08:41 AM
    When you do this does it send an actual invite to the person or just add them to BBM in your phone? That sucks if it sends an invite. All the people I text are gonna be like WTF is this I already text with you, most people I know don't own BB's.
    all it basically does is make a shortcut to the native sms app. so when you click on that persons name using BBM it opens sms under that persons name. no invites unless you use pin
    10-08-09 08:45 AM
    Whats nice about using BBM vs the native sms app is the sms app starts a new thread every day and BBM just has the names listed. almost like a sms quick contact. haven't had it long enough to see how both integrate with each other but will be interesting
    10-08-09 08:51 AM
    all it basically does is make a shortcut to the native sms app. so when you click on that persons name using BBM it opens sms under that persons name. no invites unless you use pin
    Right on perfect, thanks!

I'm going to DL it from the BB website and check it out. From what I've seen and read about it the new BBM looks pretty slick.
    10-08-09 09:02 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD