I can't see if someone is currently typing back like on the old one where there was an "a" under their name up by their status. On the BBM main screen I can't see their status without clicking on their name and viewing contact info. The old version would tell you if they were unreachable, busy, etc. right on the contact list. This version only has available and unavailable. Am I just not seeing it?
    10-08-09 10:13 PM
    it works fine on mine BBM and on several different views too. There is no 'A' but is says they are typing
    10-08-09 10:24 PM
    mine has green letters saying "....is typing"

either below their name in the chat list, or below their name in a convo...

sometimes if im in one chat, and get a message from someone else, it'll flash on the bottom, and then it'll show green "....is typing" there as well....

the one thing i appreciate is that the indicator on the bottom goes away after a second...i hated that it took up so much screen room...could hardly see what i was typing!!! lol
    10-08-09 10:30 PM
    it shows on the top where the other persons name is, it will say ___ is typing a message
    10-08-09 10:33 PM
    What about showing their status other than when you're in conversation? The old one had the person's status next to their name in the contact list.
    10-08-09 10:45 PM
    well it doesn't show for everyone...but if they have a custom status or "comment" or whatever...that shows...it doesn't say "available" anymore...it'll say "busy" or "unavailable" or whatever...but if they're available then it doesn't say anything

guess RIM is thinking "no news is good news"
    10-08-09 11:03 PM
    In Options on the BBkey it shows 3 choices for conversation view. Standard, Bubbles and Stripes. Mine is set for Bubbles but shows in Stripes. If I change it to Stripes, it shows Stripes view and if I change it back to Bubbles it still stays as stripes..........I "save" it after each change........anyone else having this issue or am I missing something in getting it in bubble conversation view?

Cindi
    10-08-09 11:08 PM
    not on mine...i have bubbles...they're colored and everything...fancy!
    10-08-09 11:40 PM
    What OS are you running? I wonder if that makes a difference?
    10-08-09 11:42 PM
    i'm on 5.0.0.230 for the 9530
    10-08-09 11:43 PM
    That's what I figured...........I'm one of the cautious ones who won't get the 230 till it's official and since Verizon is the last one to release it, I guess I am stuck with stripes till then........thanks anyway!
    10-08-09 11:46 PM
    .230 isn't gonna be official...but it's pretty good, i'd say it's worth giving it a try....

1) with the tweaking and fiddling we do here, you can't hurt the phone

2) everything can be undone

it's just a matter of your patience and willingness to try...with this phone more than any other that i've owned, you truly get out of it what you put into it...
    10-08-09 11:56 PM
    I'm too chicken to upgrade yet..............I have a really good Storm and will just keep it as is till it's official from Verizon. I'm a total newbie to BB and lovin my Storm......

Cindi
    10-09-09 12:07 AM
    I upgraded to .230 on my 9530 Storm. I also upgraded to BBM 5.0
    I am having issues with not receiving some BBM's from other users. It seems to work fine with other BBM 5.0 users. Anyone else having this issue? Also, when creating a group, the invites send but they aren't confirmed so users can join.

If anyone knows if this is just a problem with .230 OS? Should I downgrade so BBM 5.0 functions properly? Any help would be appreciated.
    10-09-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD