everytime i get a pic sent to me via bbm now i have to download the file to my phone which takes several minutes. i was able to pull it up automatically if someone sent me something before with my older version of bbm. is there a way to turn off the download function where it comes up automatically on 5.0?
    10-08-09 06:51 PM
    nope, now it has to be downloaded
    10-08-09 07:00 PM
    everytime i get a pic sent to me via bbm now i have to download the file to my phone which takes several minutes. i was able to pull it up automatically if someone sent me something before with my older version of bbm. is there a way to turn off the download function where it comes up automatically on 5.0?
    I agree, it must be downloaded. You'll also notice the files are or can be much larger (up to 6mb I bvelieve I read vs 15kb for prior versions of BBM). Also, these file transfers will expire if not accepted in a certain time.

I use an app called ShrinkIt to reduce the size of pics I take (I always use highest quuality settings because is easier to reduce resolution than increase it later). Costs around $7 I think. This allows the photos to transfer much faster but still look good enough for viewing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 07:11 PM
    BBM 5 has been released for OS 5.0.0.230!!!!

10-08-09 07:34 PM
    Um, yes it has.

10-08-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD