10-13-09 01:28 AM
45 12
tools
    If you install BBM 5.0 on a Nextel 8350i just don't use the "send location" feature you will need to wipe it and reinstall the OS. Otherwise it's great !
    09-08-09 11:47 AM
    Is there a version for the Pearl?
    09-08-09 03:00 PM
    Is there a version for the Pearl?
    don't think there is one for the pearl.
    09-08-09 03:11 PM
    Crapzilla, thanks!!
    09-08-09 03:22 PM
    when i get the ota, and upgrade, what will happen to the bbm contacts??? will they be there or im going to have to add them again???
    09-08-09 03:59 PM
    Good question.

They should stay there as long as you select the box to modify app permissions before you install. It's on the download screen that pops up. Just set everything to ALLOW.

To be safe, I'd write down all the PINs if I were you. it worked fine on mine though.
    09-08-09 04:02 PM
    Good question.

They should stay there as long as you select the box to modify app permissions before you install. It's on the download screen that pops up. Just set everything to ALLOW.

To be safe, I'd write down all the PINs if I were you. it worked fine on mine though.
    thax i hope it works ok, but i will follow your advice and write the PIN numbers...
    09-08-09 04:08 PM
    Good question.

Worked fine here too. I did pretty much what you said as well, which was to modify the application permissions right off the bat.
    09-08-09 04:08 PM
    I say backup the bbm data then do the upgrade. The contacts should be there when u do the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 04:19 PM
    just upgraded, worked perfect....

one last question, do i need to disable the location on the bbm or i leave it working, in a previous post someone wrote about but it wasn't really clear...
    09-08-09 04:48 PM
    the difference is astonishing, it looks just so much better (not that it was to difficult), it really makes a difference, wish all of the upgrades where as radical as this one...
    I love RIM and adore my Bold, but sometimes it just looks like an 1980s pc, i know its meant to be a corporate device and not a toy, but looking good cant be wrong...
    09-08-09 05:02 PM
    I just upgraded. I like 5.0 much better. BBM now looks more like an instant messenger such as Yahoo messenger, which I've been using for quite a few years now, and like. I like that you can use avatars (although I don't have one yet--need a good picture to use). The new smileys are nice too. I also like that you can show your contacts what you're listening to or if you're on the phone.
    09-08-09 08:53 PM
    I also like that you can show your contacts what you're listening to or if you're on the phone.
    you can do that with bbm 4.6
    09-08-09 10:12 PM
    They will all still be there.
    09-08-09 10:23 PM
    I also like that you can show your contacts what you're listening to or if you're on the phone.
    Could someone tell me the point of the "what you're listening to" feature? I mean, why would anyone care to know what someone else is listening to when they're having a conversation? Totally senseless feature if you ask me.
    09-09-09 09:48 AM
    Could someone tell me the point of the "what you're listening to" feature? I mean, why would anyone care to know what someone else is listening to when they're having a conversation? Totally senseless feature if you ask me.
    Don't you know...narcissism is the "New Black"

Goes hand in hand with Twitter, etc

09-09-09 10:05 AM
    Don't know, but Yahoo messenger had this feature for a while (on PC version) if you listened to Yahoo music.

Windows Live messenger also lets you tell people what you're listening to.

It sounds like RIM is just copying the popular IMs that are already doing that.
    09-09-09 10:10 AM
    just upgraded, worked perfect....

one last question, do i need to disable the location on the bbm or i leave it working, in a previous post someone wrote about but it wasn't really clear...
    Glad it worked for you. Believe me, it was through trial and error that I learned how to do it right. I sent a link to a friend of mine and she ended up losing her BBM contacts and her BBM icon was gone. I had to work with her phone for an hour or two to get the icon back. Ultimately, I had to use the link I sent you and change the permissions up front and it worked.
    09-09-09 10:17 AM
    Well I have been using BBM 5 for about 3 weeks. I have only started having some problems [in the last week] with messages not being delivered or a long delay before it is sent. This seems to be consistent with my friends who I bumped up to BBM 5.

However, apart from that, it has been stable.
    09-09-09 10:40 AM
    Yea, the lag is annoying although it doesn't happen with everyone that has the 5.0 bbm. With one of my friends, the file transfer speeds are average but not as fast as the previous bbm and with another friend it takes forever. Does anyone know why that is? Is it just the software?
    10-13-09 01:28 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD