Hey everyone.

Today I decided to do some research on the BBM 5.0, and realised I could probably run it too since my OS was 4.5.
    Downloaded BBM5.0, installed and working perfectly -- except that RIM has either ignored the 8700 or I'm not really sure where to find my dedicated BlackBerry button for calling up the menu.

When I click the trackwheel, it acts as the "Enter" key rather than previous menu calling function. Is there any way to get to the menu on the main contact list so I can edit the options on BBM 5.0?
    10-09-09 12:39 AM
    hi,

I experienced the same problems. Can't change the options. I was using 8820 yesterday and all is fine.
    10-09-09 02:45 AM
    so would either of you advise loading 5.0 on an 8700?? did you lose any other features or could you chat as normal?
    10-15-09 03:34 PM
    Try holding down ALT while pressing in on the trackwheel.
    10-15-09 03:44 PM
    so would either of you advise loading 5.0 on an 8700?? did you lose any other features or could you chat as normal?
    I'm using it now. I can't rename contacts from the main contact list or do anything at all from the main contact list. You can chat as normal, but it's just frustrating to have the "Recent Updates" feature on all the time, especially with people who change their display names and messages like they're Tweeting :-|

@ dgordo:
    I've tried holding down ALT, space, CAP, all three of those together and pressing the trackwheel. Nothing works. Trackwheel + ALT + Back...nothing.

sigh -_-
    10-15-09 11:30 PM
    still no solution about this ?
    im using 5.0.0.33 and still dont know how to access the menu key
    12-02-09 10:08 PM
    Has anyone found a result for this problem yet? I have an 8700 Edge and cannot find the option to change the trackwheel back to a menu function.
    12-01-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD