Is it possible to load BBM 5 on a Pearl 8130 without app world or OTA link. My wife does not use internet on her phone, email and BBM only. I cannot find any files anywhere to use apploader to download??? Thanks
    10-08-09 08:45 PM
    for now their is only the OTA link for the official BBM

www.blackberry.com/messenger
    10-08-09 09:02 PM
    as far as i know the only way is over the blackberry app world, and on the pearl it takes FOREVER to install. (10-20 minutes of loading hourglass does seem like forever )
    10-08-09 10:17 PM
    Belci
    here is the cod and jad, download on pc and unzip it and move it on to bb that way and install it or add the cod files to this place and then load the apploader via desktop mangager and should see the bbm and want to install it k

or just load the alx that is in there so 3 ways to do it but make sure the os is the right ver has to be over 4.5.0.88 if i rem right

if u have probs bbm me or post back and i will help u
    10-08-09 10:38 PM
    as far as i know the only way is over the blackberry app world, and on the pearl it takes FOREVER to install. (10-20 minutes of loading hourglass does seem like forever )
    It's not just your pearl...BBM5 took forever on my new 8520 curve for some reason also.
    10-10-09 05:28 PM
    Has anyone tried the zip file yet?? will it work,

I wonder why the only way to install it is OTA! why wouldn't they have a DL to PC option

I tried the File but it would not load on my BB??? i used the application loader with the ALX one.
    Last edited by whitepearl; 10-12-09 at 12:21 PM.
    10-12-09 12:10 PM
    Thanks for the zip file. It worked perfect. I can see it is installed under applications, but, I cannot find the BBM icon. I can pin using compose option. But, no icon???? How do I get it back on screen???
    10-12-09 02:08 PM
    Nevermind, battery pull did it. Thanks alot guys. Good to go. Cheers
    10-12-09 02:09 PM
    ok i have it installed under applications but i'm still running the old one??

how do you get it to run the 5.0 BBM?

any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by whitepearl; 10-12-09 at 02:55 PM.
    10-12-09 02:45 PM
    Im trying to get the new bbm 5.0 as well. I have a pearl 8120, which should be the same right?

From my understanding, BBm 5.0 requires OS 4.5.0.151 or higher. The highest official OS for the pearl is lower then this. So is it not compatible?

Edit: In case any1 wondering, I updated my OS to the newest one (not from my carrier) which is .172 or something. Found it here in the 8120 forum.

Then I burrowed a friends sim card who has a data plan. Inserted said card into my phone, downloaded the ap (visted blackberry.com/messenger from the browser on the phone). After the ap downloaded, it installed and I swaped the sim cards back. Works perfect. Im in Canada and I only have the Data plan with bbm and email, no web browsing. Thats why i needed to burrow a friends sim to get it downloaded. I like the new features of bbm 5.0 but i dont like how its so big. Hard to see much on the pearls tiny screen.
    Last edited by 007craft; 10-13-09 at 12:34 AM.
    10-12-09 03:02 PM
    It downloaded fine. It even shows up on the applications list.

But the Icon wont show??
    What do I do?
    Already tried battery pull.
    05-11-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD