01-09-12 07:18 AM
41 12
tools
    I don't know if anyone has posted this or not...But here it goes...

FLAGS...
    When using BBM 5.0.33 if you know a country's 2 letter abbreviation, you can now have the flag pull up as an emotion...
    For example, *us* brings up the American flag, *uk* England's Flag and so forth...

Just thought I'd share the tip, So far I've seen Finland, Isreal, Mexico, America, UK, Russia and Italian flags...So figure all of the country's Flags are inclused as emotions-
    Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the tip! My bf put his up there but wouldn't say how he did it :P
    10-08-09 03:46 PM
    LOL Its a Secret!!

10-08-09 03:49 PM
    Too bad they don't show in the emoticons page like the leaked version

10-08-09 03:55 PM
    I'll have to do a search, but thre was a post back when the leak first came out with a list of all the different flags people had found.
    10-08-09 03:58 PM
    I'll have to do a search, but thre was a post back when the leak first came out with a list of all the different flags people had found.
    Two letter country codes HERE
    10-08-09 04:03 PM

FLAGS...
    When using BBM 5.0.33 if you know a country's 2 letter abbreviation, you can now have the flag pull up as an emotion...
    For example, *us* brings up the American flag, *uk* England's Flag and so forth...

Just thought I'd share the tip, So far I've seen Finland, Isreal, Mexico, America, UK, Russia and Italian flags...So figure all of the country's Flags are inclused as emotions-
    Enjoy!

This was available on the previous 5.0 edition, as well.

BBM5 flag codes
    10-08-09 04:07 PM
    famfamfam.com: Flag Icons

This I found while searching. I dl the zip file and it has them all
    10-08-09 04:16 PM
    Nice find, thanks!
    10-08-09 04:33 PM
    yeah man slick **** g.
    10-08-09 04:55 PM

FLAGS...

Enjoy!

Without being overly pedantic, that's not England's flag. It's the flag of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - the Union Flag
    10-08-09 05:15 PM
    Country Abbreviations
    Alphabetically by abbreviation
    Abbrev. Country
    *ac* Ascension Island
    *ad* Andorra
    *ae* United Arab Emirates
    *af* Afghanistan
    *ag* Antigua And Barbuda
    *ai* Anguilla
    *al* Albania
    *am* Armenia
    *an* Netherlands Antilles
    *ao* Angola
    *aq* Antarctica
    *ar* Argentina
    *as* American Samoa
    *at* Austria
    *au* Australia
    *aw* Aruba
    *az* Azerbaijan
    *ba* Bosnia And Herzegowina
    *bb* Barbados
    *be* Belgium
    *bd* Bangladesh
    *bf* Burkina Faso
    *bg* Bulgaria
    *bh* Bahrain
    *bi* Burundi
    *bj* Benin
    *bm* Bermuda
    *bn* Brunei Darussalam
    *bo* Bolivia
    *br* Brazil
    *bs* Bahamas
    *bt* Bhutan
    *bv* Bouvet Island
    *bw* Botswana
    *by* Belarus
    *bz* Belize
    *ca* Canada
    *cc* Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    *cd* Congo (Democratic Republic)
    *cf* Central African Republic
    *cg* Congo (Republic)
    *ch* Switzerland
    *ci* Cote D'Ivoire
    *ck* Cook Islands
    *cl* Chile
    *cm* Cameroon
    *cn* China
    *co* Colombia
    *cr* Costa Rica
    *cu* Cuba
    *cv* Cape Verde
    *cx* Christmas Island
    *cy* Cyprus
    *cz* Czech Republic
    *de* Germany
    *dj* Djibouti
    *dk* Denmark
    *dm* Dominica
    *do* Dominican Republic
    *dz* Algeria
    *ec* Ecuador
    10-08-09 05:20 PM

FLAGS...

Enjoy!
    Yep....Pretty common knowledge at this point. This was on the CB homepage when BBM 5.0 beta was released a few months ago. I figured out like a hundred of them over the last few months.
    10-08-09 05:24 PM
    NICE! this is pretty cool
    10-08-09 05:26 PM
    Another tip I found out is if you type your twitter name with an @ in the front, like mine is @catdogchicken then all your group or the user your chatting too can click that and it opens their twitter app with your timeline!!

Last edited by Navlelo; 10-08-09 at 05:59 PM.
    10-08-09 05:55 PM
    Nice find, I like....
    10-08-09 06:23 PM
    are there any other custom emotions in bbm people found besides the flags and the ones that are in bbm already?
    10-08-09 07:31 PM
    10-08-09 07:52 PM
    Thank you!
    10-08-09 08:13 PM
    Nice find!
    10-09-09 12:26 AM
    Thank You for posting this. Its awesome!
    10-09-09 12:47 AM
    Hi. I have a question relating to typing abbreviations. Today, I have no idea what I typed but it made the owner info of my bb come up. Weird. I have typed other abbreviations that I use for words and was wondering if anyone knows a list of these words/abbreviations that bb has in the memory. Ie: hr + space types hour. I'm looking for a list of this and other ones. Something I typed before gives the current date and time. No idea. Please help.

10-09-09 02:04 AM
    Hi. I have a question relating to typing abbreviations. Today, I have no idea what I typed but it made the owner info of my bb come up. Weird. I have typed other abbreviations that I use for words and was wondering if anyone knows a list of these words/abbreviations that bb has in the memory. Ie: hr + space types hour. I'm looking for a list of this and other ones. Something I typed before gives the current date and time. No idea. Please help.

Check your autotext, that has full listings of built in abbreviatons like press l and then t displays you time my pin (all one word) brings your pin up. My ver (also typed as one word no spaces) brings your phone model and os number just like this, 9000/5.0.0.238. I believe the abbreviation you mentioned about phone is u s r i d withouth spaces and also s i g is similar.

Just check autotext in options to find abbreviations and make lots of new ones too.

Last edited by Navlelo; 10-09-09 at 02:46 AM.
    10-09-09 02:42 AM
    Check your autotext, that has full listings of built in abbreviatons like press l and then t displays you time my pin (all one word) brings your pin up. My ver (also typed as one word no spaces) brings your phone model and os number just like this, 9000/5.0.0.238. I believe the abbreviation you mentioned about phone is u s r i d withouth spaces and also s i g is similar.

Just check autotext in options to find abbreviations and make lots of new ones too.

Thanks

10-09-09 02:49 AM
    Thanks Navlelo.

10-09-09 02:50 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD