02-23-11 02:18 AM
82 1234
tools
    This one is by special invite only within the RIM Beta program. If you did not receive an invite with an updated keycode, then you won't be able to upgrade until they open it up.
    There was a problem with BBM 5.0.2.11 when it was first posted. The keycode they emailed you when you d/l'd the app didn't work. They took it down, fixed the problem and reposted it yesterday.

I didn't get an invite with an updated keycode. Beta testers under the 5.0.1.xx are in on this one.
    02-18-11 08:20 AM
    There was a problem with BBM 5.0.2.11 when it was first posted. The keycode they emailed you when you d/l'd the app didn't work. They took it down, fixed the problem and reposted it yesterday.

I didn't get an invite with an updated keycode. Beta testers under the 5.0.1.xx are in on this one.
    Interesting... I was part of the 5.0.1.xx... I'll have to give it a try.

EDIT: I did receive an updated key code just now oddly enough.
    Last edited by shabbs; 02-18-11 at 08:32 AM.
    02-18-11 08:22 AM
    Interesting... I was part of the 5.0.1.xx... I'll have to give it a try.
    When you d/l the new one, you should see an email with a new code. I believe the agreement also said everytime you re-d/l this verision, you'll get a new code. That's different from the 5.0.1 program that used the same key for updates.
    02-18-11 08:25 AM
    When you d/l the new one, you should see an email with a new code. I believe the agreement also said everytime you re-d/l this verision, you'll get a new code. That's different from the 5.0.1 program that used the same key for updates.
    Yeah, that's what happened. Didn't happen the first time I tried.

OK, that's all I'm going to say on this topic to avoid any sort of breach.
    02-18-11 08:33 AM
    Ok, but can someone who has the download link post it here?
    It's highly unlikely anyone will post an OTA link buddy. For one it is against the terms of being a beta zone participant and even if anyone posted the download link, you would need the keycode to activate it once it's installed.

There might be a workaround though cos if someone had like a BBSAK they could copy the cod files from an already activated bbm, create a JAD file and then host it.

Question is would anyone be willing to do this?
    02-18-11 09:05 AM
    It's highly unlikely anyone will post an OTA link buddy. For one it is against the terms of being a beta zone participant and even if anyone posted the download link, you would need the keycode to activate it once it's installed.

There might be a workaround though cos if someone had like a BBSAK they could copy the cod files from an already activated bbm, create a JAD file and then host it.

Question is would anyone be willing to do this?

Thank you for the explanation man

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait till it becomes official
    02-18-11 09:21 AM
    BBM 5.0.2.11 working very fine on my 9700 (6.0.0.461 os) and cursor is working as well....Awesome........!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 10:29 AM
    So far:
    * Freezes when sending a voice message.
    * Lost groups after updating.

02-18-11 11:58 AM
    This version looks promissing. With the exception to it freezing up a bit, it is a good update. Liking the fact that I can now see the cursor

02-18-11 12:18 PM
    what is going on m l has 13 posts on here and the mods think this is ok
    4 are asking the same question and when people go out their way to answer
    him he just asks again !!!!!!!!!
    02-18-11 12:49 PM
    4 are asking the same question and when people go out their way to answer
    him he just asks again !!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm......interesting.

02-18-11 01:14 PM
    4 are asking the same question and when people go out their way to answer him he just asks again !!!!!!!!!
    ML don't see a lot of posts b/c he has a lot of people on "ignore" b/c they told him he posts too much.
    02-18-11 01:29 PM
    ML don't see a lot of posts b/c he has a lot of people on "ignore" b/c they told him he posts too much.
    There is another version to that, but, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So, is anyone else having any issues other than what has already been posted?
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-18-11 at 02:40 PM.
    02-18-11 01:52 PM
    Very well said Mike Thank god for the ignore feature! You don't even know some people exist
    02-18-11 01:53 PM
    Still no keycodes huh? WTH
    02-18-11 06:33 PM
    Rizz, if you try to download it again it should send you a keycode - it did for me last night, as soon as I opened the download on my BB I got my keycode.
    02-18-11 07:55 PM
    Rizz, if you try to download it again it should send you a keycode - it did for me last night, as soon as I opened the download on my BB I got my keycode.
    I saw that in an earlier post and tried it. It worked. But thanks for the feedback.

02-18-11 07:58 PM
    I feel messages on this build go out blazingly fast, much faster than on 146. The D and R show up instantaneously. Very please with that fact.
    02-18-11 08:24 PM
    I have a cursor Awesome!!!!
    02-18-11 08:47 PM
    I just loaded this up last night! What's odd tho is I never even got an email notifying me that there was an update for BBM. I had randomly checked BlackBerry Beta Zone just to see if anything was new and noticed I had (1) alert. I checked it out and to my surprise, it was for BlackBerry Messenger version 5.0.2.11

Reading thru the fine print before downloading, I knew there wasn't going to be anything too special added but I did notice it said one of the main bug fixes was the invisible cursor issue that some users are reporting. Personally, I didn't experience that issue with any beta and/or official release of BBM but either way, it's good to hear it's obviously fixed as some of you have said!

Also in the fine print it states that keycodes will be generated and emailed upon downloading the application EVERY time now. This is a good thing because I know in the past, RIM was a little (ok, a lot) slow on re-issuing keycodes and stressed that you save your email in which they mailed it in the first time. If you had gotten a new device for whatever reason, you could pretty much forget about using that version of BBM again for a while because the keycodes are tied to the PIN you have registered with Beta Zone. Of course, according to the fine print, this is suppose to no longer be an issue.

Personally for me, just like some users have stated, I received a keycode by the time my BlackBerry had rebooted.

After using this version (5.0.2.11) for about 24 hours now, I haven't noticed many differences...at least not yet anyway.

One thing I did notice that I don't think was the same with the previous version I was using (which was the latest official version available in BlackBerry App World) is that when receiving pictures from a BBM contact, I no longer have to actually "accept" them. They just appeared in the chat moments after they were sent to me. I was able to view them immediately on my device and could choose to save them if I wanted to or just continue chatting like they never existed. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if this feature is new but I remember always having to accept the image or file transfer request first before I could actually view what was being sent.

Anyway, enough said for now! Bottom line is, so far so good!

02-18-11 10:00 PM
    Very well said Mike Thank god for the ignore feature! You don't even know some people exist
    please can someone at crackberry make m l dissapear
    02-19-11 02:53 AM
    What's odd tho is I never even got an email notifying me that there was an update for BBM.
    As far as I know, no emails were sent out.
    I had read someone mentioning so I checked and it was there.

I had randomly checked BlackBerry Beta Zone just to see if anything was new and noticed I had (1) alert.
    First time I've ever gotten an Alert like that in BZ, so that was cool.
    (Especially for a website horribly lacking in features and usability.)

it said one of the main bug fixes was the invisible cursor issue that some users are reporting. Personally, I didn't experience that issue with any beta and/or official release of BBM but either way, it's good to hear it's obviously fixed as some of you have said!
    Me neither. I think perhaps us Torchies were immune from the "dreaded" cursor bug.
    With 450, I did lose the cursor within email messages though.

like some users have stated, I received a keycode by the time my BlackBerry had rebooted.
    Ditto! Which was a relief as some users waited a long time!

After using this version (5.0.2.11) for about 24 hours now, I haven't noticed many differences...at least not yet anyway.
    I'd agree but I'd take out that "M":
    I haven't noticed ANY differences.

I did notice that I don't think was the same with the previous version I was using (which was the latest official version available in BlackBerry App World) is that when receiving pictures from a BBM contact, I no longer have to actually "accept" them. They just appeared in the chat moments after they were sent to me. I was able to view them immediately on my device and could choose to save them if I wanted to or just continue chatting like they never existed. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if this feature is new but I remember always having to accept the image or file transfer request first before I could actually view what was being sent.
    This has been in place for all public builds of BBM 5.0.1.X. It was one of the first features introduced in the original beta.
    You must not be sent pictures much!

Anyway, enough said for now! Bottom line is, so far so good!
    I'm usually not negative about these things as I'm used to being part of beta testing. However, so far it's a waste of time. I guess the cursor thing was a big deal for many, but I can't believe that's worth the trouble of a BZ release.
    I'm surprised a "maintenance release" is worthy of a generational jump within version numbers from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2.

Ever the optimist though, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next release, or ---dare to dream--- testing BBM6 even!!!
    02-19-11 12:33 PM
    please can someone at crackberry make m l dissapear
    It will be the 2nd banned then LOL,

02-20-11 06:10 AM
    So saving files is weird. You have a choice of media card or device and then browse. When I choose Browser, to force the file to a certain folder, the cursor disappears. Anyone else have that problem? Then all I can do is click Save.
    02-21-11 05:49 PM
    So saving files is weird. You have a choice of media card or device and then browse. When I choose Browser, to force the file to a certain folder, the cursor disappears. Anyone else have that problem? Then all I can do is click Save.
    Saving files is like that for everything now, at least on OS 6.0.0.448. Even when saving a file being downloaded from the internet. Not just within BBM. BUT, my cursor is still visible when I choose to Browse for whatever folder I want to Save in.

My question for you would have to be, are you using the stock BlackBerry 6 Theme? Or a 3rd Party theme?

I tested this out on both the HTC Desire HD theme and the stock BlackBerry 6 theme and the cursor was visible when I chose to Browse for a folder to save in within BBM and the Browser.

02-21-11 06:23 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD