I got the invite to test 5.0.1 and I downloaded the software right away. Then I could not access my BBM because I haven't recieved my keycode, so I downgraded so I can still use it while I wait. This all happened last Wednesday or so, and I still haven't got it.

For those who got the invite, how long did it take before you got your key?
    05-24-10 04:45 PM
    I got the invite on Thursday and I'm still waiting for my key. Have 10+ BBM notifications that I can't even see.
    05-24-10 05:13 PM
    Me too..... I got the invite and downloaded on friday and i still havent received my keycode. I've emailed them twice and still havent got a response. I have 11 bbm's i cant view. Luckily one day when i took my bbry out of my holster it opened one of my group chat messages so i was able to change my status to let my friends know to text me but this is a bit ridiculous that i got an invite and still can't use it.
    05-24-10 11:47 PM
    Both of you guys can downgrade while you wait for the key. Then just reload.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 12:08 AM
    i never got the invite email, but i just happen to check the beta zone website and there it was, BBM available to download. im just waiting for the email with the code first.
    05-25-10 02:05 AM
    Forward your invitation email to betainfo@rim.com and tell them you haven't received your key.

When I upgraded my phone it took literally 5 minutes for them to send me a new key.

05-25-10 08:40 AM
    Remember yesterday May 24th was a statutory holiday in Canada so there would not have been anyone there to send your code. You should get a reply today though.....
    05-25-10 11:27 AM
    Just got it!

I have to admit I'm a bit excited to see the changes...is that lame? Oh, well...
    05-25-10 01:31 PM
    I woke up to the email containing the key. So far it's been running all day without problems. Looks to be a solid build.
    05-25-10 08:14 PM
    Mine took around 24 hrs. to get the key. I went ahead and installed it, then I couldn't use BBM for a day, since I had no access to a PC that day, so there was no way for me to downgrade.
    05-25-10 08:49 PM
    I got my key today and have been using it all day but there are some glitches. I cant see new messages in convos that i am having. I have to go into option change it from 1 line to 2 lines to get it to display anything. Then when I get another message i have to change it again to 1 line so i can see the next message and keep doing that over and over. Then if i get a picture sent to me I doesnt show that i downloaded it, it just stays there. I'm probably going to downgrade until a better build is released.
    05-25-10 08:59 PM
    Where do I subscribe to get future invites for these beta testings?
    05-25-10 09:04 PM
    I got invite on May 20th and got my key May 21st
    05-26-10 04:48 AM
    I'm a registered beta tester how come I don't see a link to download the bbm? I only see twitter for blackberry

05-26-10 01:01 PM
    i got my invite on the 20th and my code on the 21st also.

@Got2bBold13 did you get an invite to test for the new BBM? there are only a handful of invites opening up in waves.
    05-26-10 02:02 PM
    Nope didn't get no invite, maybe its because I joined the beta zone yesterday?

05-26-10 04:30 PM
    Recieved the invite last week sometime...downloaded the new BB Messenger 5.0.1on Sunday the 30th of May at 3pm then downgraded about an hour later because I needed to use my BB Messenger 5.0 and Monday at 3pm received key code. Re-upgraded to BB Messenger 5.0.1 and has been running since. I have noticed that my transfer rate picked up a little however I am in Yuma Arizona and we only have 1X not 1XEV so everything is slow. I also like the ability to put specific contacts on my desktop (home screen page of the Blackberry)
    06-01-10 08:57 PM
    RIM need to change the system. so it can act faster. otherwise people will see too slow. and they will downgrade again
    06-01-10 09:15 PM
    RIM need to change the system. so it can act faster. otherwise people will see too slow. and they will downgrade again
    ummm what? you mean BBM? cuz the newest beta has almost no lag whatsoever.
    06-03-10 03:08 AM
    Forward your invitation email to betainfo@rim.com and tell them you haven't received your key.

When I upgraded my phone it took literally 5 minutes for them to send me a new key.

Hey. Thanks for the tip. I emailed them and I got the code after 3 hrs. Awesome !

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-04-10 04:10 PM
    almost 12hours! but worth the wait
    06-04-10 05:54 PM
    ummm what? you mean BBM? cuz the newest beta has almost no lag whatsoever.
    For me it does have some lag, it also doesnt send some messages through, I'll have to send the message twice or maybe even 3 times. This has happened with every beta I downloaded. Downgrade here I come
    06-06-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD