10-21-10 09:05 AM
40 12
tools
    I just got an email from blackberry to download the BBM 5.0.1 beta

I will report back when I have something to report about it

make sure your browser is set as Blackberry in order for the emailed link to work properly
    Last edited by carzaddict; 04-05-10 at 11:17 AM.
    04-05-10 11:04 AM
    I was able to download straight from my bb. First impressions, very very laggy. All images and fonts are superzised. 5.0.1.5. version
    04-05-10 11:12 AM
    You can get it through your BB browser. That's how I installed it.
    04-05-10 11:13 AM
    i realized my error, my browser was set as Firefox and not as Blackberry

downloading now.
    04-05-10 11:17 AM
    Done installing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 11:29 AM
    I was able to download straight from my bb. First impressions, very very laggy. All images and fonts are superzised. 5.0.1.5. version
    try a battery pull. zero lag on my 9700.
    04-05-10 11:31 AM
    No lag on my 9530 after install. Havent really seen anything different except for the options menu changed a little. Still playing around with it.
    04-05-10 11:33 AM
    zero lag on my 9630. no noticeable differences yet
    04-05-10 11:35 AM
    anyone notice a change in font size?
    04-05-10 11:38 AM
    anyone notice a change in font size?
    i did, it feels slightly larger,

i noticed a glitch, if you have ur BBM's in ur messages folder...it will display the icon on the left as well as the check for D and R over it
    04-05-10 11:44 AM
    For some reason all the contact pics I have linked to fb and my address book have all disappeared. I tried both a remote restore from email and a reboot. After reboot the pics were there for a second and then they disappeared again. I used to solve pic probs by unlinking and then relinking them to the contact. I was going to do it again but now it says I'll lose all pin info. I'm on an 8330m. Anybody got any ideas. I hate the no pic thing.

Went ahead & tried unlinking & relinking and it did no good. Also tried removing and readding the fb connection and got nothing.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 04-05-10 at 12:15 PM.
    04-05-10 11:55 AM
    Does anyone know how to change your PIN in your profile in Beta Zone. I had to get a replacement Blackberry the other day after I had registered and now my key code was generated with my old PIN. Therefore, I can not finish the install. I have email Beta Zone but I have not gotten a response yet.
    04-05-10 12:32 PM
    d mobile

email them...

and for anyone that is going to ask... IT CANNOT BE LEAKED! as far as i know... you need a special code direct from RIM and is coded to your PIN... so in other words, based off that... IT CANNOT BE LEAKED!
    Last edited by C_86; 04-10-10 at 11:25 AM.
    04-05-10 12:36 PM
    Noticed some improvements and some added features. Also a little bit of lag with my transition theme when exiting the options menu.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 04-05-10 at 12:49 PM.
    04-05-10 12:46 PM
    Noticed some improvements and some added featutres. Also a little bit of lag with my transition theme when exiting the options menu.
    what features did u see added? i didnt notice anything
    04-05-10 12:49 PM
    Going back to 5.0.0.66...I'm not happy with the font increase and still dealing with lag when scrolling despite battery pulls.
    04-05-10 12:52 PM
    what features did u see added? i didnt notice anything
    Lol. Yeah, just "rechecked" it against my original BOLD with BBM 5.0.0.33. A few items have been moved around. Aside from pic quality, nothing new.
    04-05-10 01:16 PM
    Was this a sign up program? I know invites are slowly rolling out.

Just wondering if I have to sign up, or be patient.

I am a beta zone member, with full profile filled out.

04-05-10 01:25 PM
    effing ya ... i can turn off the stooooppiiidddd "updates notification" on BBM now....

04-05-10 01:38 PM

i think only 1000 members got the golden ticket....

04-05-10 01:38 PM

You had to sign up for it in Beta Zone.

04-05-10 01:41 PM
    Okay, I never saw an option for this, maybe I just wasn't fast enough signing up for beta zone.

Thanks

04-05-10 02:09 PM
    For those complaining about the font, can you not just adjust the font in the options menu under the screen/keyboard options?
    04-06-10 02:08 AM
    For those complaining about the font, can you not just adjust the font in the options menu under the screen/keyboard options?
    You can, but it then changes the font for the whole device which I do not want. I wish there was an option on bbm itself.
    04-06-10 08:20 AM
    For some reason all the contact pics I have linked to fb and my address book have all disappeared. I tried both a remote restore from email and a reboot. After reboot the pics were there for a second and then they disappeared again. I used to solve pic probs by unlinking and then relinking them to the contact. I was going to do it again but now it says I'll lose all pin info. I'm on an 8330m. Anybody got any ideas. I hate the no pic thing.

Went ahead & tried unlinking & relinking and it did no good. Also tried removing and readding the fb connection and got nothing.
    In the options try changing the contact list style from 2 lines to 1 line. Then the pictures should show up. It worked for me. You can then change back to two lines and they will stay.

04-06-10 03:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD