Anyone one notice you no longer see when in a chat "is writing a message"

Also why did they use that dark gray background for the chat window when using bubble style it should have been white.
    08-11-10 03:16 PM

Also why did they use that dark gray background for the chat window when using bubble style it should have been white.
    Crap i just noticed this! This sucks... I notice it too now.
    08-11-10 04:35 PM
    Still working for me.......
    08-11-10 05:12 PM
    Its still there for me.
    08-11-10 05:33 PM
    Still there for me as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 05:42 PM

Uh it still shows for me lol.
    08-11-10 05:48 PM
    Yea I kinda hate that grey background as well.....anybody else notice the font size is smaller for the names when ur in chat??
    08-11-10 10:20 PM
    Yeah I downloaded the new bbm today and instantly noticed that it doesn't say the person is writing a message...I guess it's not that big of a deal but I thought it was a cool feature. Also that gray/green color is pretty hideous, definately changing it to no borders
    08-11-10 11:07 PM
    Mine still shows "writing a message". I like the colors. One thing I noticed is when I exit out using back, when I go back in and click on a current chat it takes a while to open up. Wasn't like that with 5.0.
    08-12-10 12:35 AM
    Yea I kinda hate that grey background as well.....anybody else notice the font size is smaller for the names when ur in chat??
    yea its been that way since the beta version, i like it.
    08-12-10 01:09 AM
    I like the new update been running it since last night, BUT I have 1 prob, not something big but it annoys me. I usually have my bbm screen name spaced out so it is centered, since I updated and changed my screen name im unable to center it ..would really like a work around for this lol cuz its really annoying to me
    08-12-10 01:44 AM
    I wish there was a 'Clear Field' button. They have removed it when you press the 'Return' key when you back out of the convo.
    08-12-10 02:28 AM
    They also remove the option "Show group icon in home screen". They move the "view group detail" back to menu instead being right next to "Invite new member".

08-12-10 02:38 AM
    anyone else having the issue of not being able to accept and save a picture when it is sent through bbm?
    The the sender is using the new version then yo wont see an option to save the image. You will have to press the BB menu button and select save yourself.
    08-13-10 05:30 AM
    1. I can't space my disp name so it is in the center

2. No "end chat" confirmation message

3. The colors are hideous

4. Disp names in chat are too small

5. Most annoying of all... people that have smilies in their PM's - half of the VERTICAL length seems to be cut off

6. New bbm is horrid.
    08-13-10 09:36 AM

5. Most annoying of all... people that have smilies in their PM's - half of the VERTICAL length seems to be cut off
    Haven't looked at all the smilies yet but have noticed that the Sunglass Wearing/Cool Smilie has changed.

A friend has that smilie in their username and it now appears as the actual keyboard characters instead of the smilie. When I looked at the smilies on the new version, that Cool/Sunglasses wearing guy is no longer 2 keystrokes, but 3 with an added "-" (hyphen) between the other 2 keystrokes to bring up the smilie.

Such a small issue but annoying for sure!

Also of note is that during a "chat" some of the Contacts info up at the top of the screen gets cutt off to only a half-viewable line. If they are writing a message you can only see the upper portion of "is writing a message" or whatever else is being displayed on that line. Not sure why it is only with some Contacts.

And, I was hoping they would bring back the "Set Alert" feature. No such luck

08-13-10 02:31 PM
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. Every....single....time....you open up your BBM Group's Chat, it takes about a second or two and says "retrieving chat messages". It's one of those things that sounds harmless, but when you're BBM Group chatting off and on all day, it's friggin' ridiculous! C'Mon RIM, this is unacceptable!!
    08-13-10 04:24 PM
    Yeah...I didn't like this version so I went back to 5.0.0.65.
    08-13-10 04:36 PM
    Whoever design the color palette for this should be fired - immediately. It's like an engineer chose the palette and not someone with design experience.

It's immensely irritating. Pastel pinks, greens, yellows, and blues. Muted murky grey'ish purple backgrouds. Awful.

WTF were they thinking about? This UI alone makes me want to go back.

Why is is that Apple can continuously get it right as far as color combos and overall look and feel of the UI, but others miss the mark.

RIM really needs to fix this or at least give users the ability to control the color of the background.
    08-13-10 06:54 PM
    anyone else have this issue? when I try to send a voice note it opens but the hourglass stays on for sometimes 10 min and it locks up the phone .Also it takes forever to open when i try to send a picture .I am running a 8330 curve with 4.6 os on telus.
    08-13-10 09:07 PM
    after upgrade to latest... i lost cut/copy paste text function.

so now i switched back and ok.
    08-15-10 03:31 AM
    1. I can't space my disp name so it is in the center
    Not an issue, it is a personal preference and 1 that not many care about I would say. No one in beta mentioned it.

2. No "end chat" confirmation message
    I get this as well

3. The colors are hideous
    I like the colors much more than the traditional gray on nothing

4. Disp names in chat are too small
    Perfect size for me. Maybe try changing your screen font.

Something else that does not concern me. I change all BBM names to the persons actual names anyways. I strip out the silly chars and the smileys. I don't even accept requests from people with names like that.

6. New bbm is horrid.
    The new BBM is great for me.
    08-15-10 06:27 AM
    anyone else have this issue? when I try to send a voice note it opens but the hourglass stays on for sometimes 10 min and it locks up the phone .Also it takes forever to open when i try to send a picture .I am running a 8330 curve with 4.6 os on telus.
    I have the exact same problem and I'm ready to kick RIM in the head.

I have an 8330 running 4.5.0.186.

I just tried wiping the phone today and reinstalling BBM, but having the same problem.

This is such bull. Every single release of BBM since the first 5.0 version has been issue after issue (except 5.0.0.57 personally)...

I'm looking to downgrade back to 5.0.0.57, but I wish RIM would friggin offer download files for different versions of their software... Can I get the install file for 5.0.0.57 anywhere else?
    08-15-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD