i posted this in the Blackberry Beta forums so RIM is aware, but i was curious is anyone else on here had this issue.

5.0.1.17 was working absolutely perfectly. i downloaded the new .32 tonight and noticed an issue with the groups. im part of 3 different groups, with 3 different icons. now that i upgraded, all group posts (pics, chat or pic comments) show up under one icon only. i was using the smiley face, the 3 person silouette and the house icon. now, all chats show up with the 3 person silouette icon. i tried reversing the icons, thinking the app had them swapped but they all still show up as only one icon. i cant seem to fix this. it was working perfectly on 5.0.1.17. anyone else experience this?

basically, Group Chat icons are no longer working properly. the alerts work ok, but the icons are just showing up wrong.

other than the above issue, everything seems to be working just as good and fluidly as 5.0.1.17. as for noted differences.....the chats font seems smaller, especially with peoples BBM names and there is now more shading in Group Chats and individual chats to differentiate each persons reply. looks good so far. i love the way the new versions dont lag at all. definitely close to solid release, just fix this group icon bug.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 07-17-10 at 02:37 AM.
    07-17-10 02:32 AM
    i posted this in the Blackberry Beta forums so RIM is aware, but i was curious is anyone else on here had this issue.

5.0.1.17 was working absolutely perfectly. i downloaded the new .32 tonight and noticed an issue with the groups. im part of 3 different groups, with 3 different icons. now that i upgraded, all group posts (pics, chat or pic comments) show up under one icon only. i was using the smiley face, the 3 person silouette and the house icon. now, all chats show up with the 3 person silouette icon. i tried reversing the icons, thinking the app had them swapped but they all still show up as only one icon. i cant seem to fix this. it was working perfectly on 5.0.1.17. anyone else experience this?

basically, Group Chat icons are no longer working properly. the alerts work ok, but the icons are just showing up wrong.

other than the above issue, everything seems to be working just as good and fluidly as 5.0.1.17. as for noted differences.....the chats font seems smaller, especially with peoples BBM names and there is now more shading in Group Chats and individual chats to differentiate each persons reply. looks good so far. i love the way the new versions dont lag at all. definitely close to solid release, just fix this group icon bug.
    atleast you got an invite.....
    07-17-10 07:24 AM
    im fairly sure i heard BBM is open to the full public for beta test once you sign up.
    07-17-10 09:43 AM
    im fairly sure i heard BBM is open to the full public for beta test once you sign up.
    Got june 24th has received "terms of agreement" in my programs..dl'd and it ask for key code to open?????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 09:46 AM
    open to the public i think as long as you sign up and you have your keycode, you should be able to get it..
    07-17-10 10:25 AM

Did you submit Feedback directly to RIM? I've gotten some positive responses.

Im beta testing BBM.32 Traffic1.1 and Feedback
    07-17-10 10:33 AM
    I don't see it anywhere in the beta zone I'm sad I missed this!

07-17-10 12:08 PM
    I don't have access to it either
    07-17-10 01:54 PM
    @ morales0416, the first part of my original post I stated I posted this on the RIM Beta Forums.

07-17-10 03:00 PM
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/downloads/view/481/1590

Then log into you account as usual. You are all welcome .

07-17-10 06:07 PM
    adamlau - Lol already tried. Thanks though

07-17-10 09:08 PM
    A lil bassackward there adam. First register through here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/portals/index/

Then while signed in, go here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/betas/downloads/481

Request in the program, and then wait for your keycode to install it.

Posted from my berSupercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 10:10 PM
    i tried and it says im not authorized...
    07-18-10 12:03 PM
    i tried and it says im not authorized...
    its listed in "My Programs" for me along with blackberry traffic ....either of which I have yet to receive a code...very confused

07-18-10 12:18 PM
    To download the new one (if you had the other Beta version through Beta Zone) follow the instructions here http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mes...-now-available

1. Login into Blackberry Beta Zone
    2. Go to my programs
    3. Go to (Consumer) BlackBerry Messenger 5.0
    4. Under the news tab it should say:
    BlackBerry Messenger v5.0.1.32 Software Available

BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.1.32 software is available for you to download.
    5. Click the download tab right next to the news tab
    6. Under Applications it should say:
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 (click on it)
    7. Follow the rules to install .32!!!
    07-18-10 05:43 PM
    I had the same problem on .1.32. Upgrading to .1.38 didn't fix the problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling again didn't help.

Does anyone have a solution ?
    08-20-10 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD