07-19-10 06:57 PM
38 12
tools
    Can someone provide a link to the files for BBM 5.0.1.17 (pulled & packaged, or OTA)? I am a Beta Zone user, but am unable to download the appropriate files using either FF, or IE8 (Internet security settings @ Medium). See attached images . And yes, the BB is attached to the PC via USB cable (DM 5.0.1 detects the device just fine). Just need the CODs. PM me if you have to. Thanks .

Firefox 3.6.6: FAIL

Internet Explorer 8: FAIL
    06-29-10 11:24 PM
    go to blackberry.com/beta from your Blackberry Browser and sign into Beta Zone and you can download the apps OTA
    06-29-10 11:26 PM
    Didn't they give you a link when they sent you the invite and keycode?
    06-29-10 11:44 PM
    you have to go to the site on ur blackberry browser, sux cuz it takes forever to load
    06-29-10 11:50 PM
    Verified installed and up and running. Thanks, sf18443 .

06-30-10 12:05 AM
    Verified installed and up and running. Thanks, sf18443 .

No problem, glad you got everything worked out and that you are up and running! Enjoy BBM beta! I like it overall, and BB groups works much better than the previous BBM 5.0
    06-30-10 12:07 AM
    I keep on getting asked for a keycode, but I don't have one. I just joined the Beta Zone today. When am I supposed to get the keycode?

Please help. Thanks.
    06-30-10 03:01 AM
    I keep on getting asked for a keycode, but I don't have one. I just joined the Beta Zone today. When am I supposed to get the keycode?

Please help. Thanks.
    It may take up to 48 hours for you to get your keycode, but you also need to sign up for BBM. You won't get a key code for the new BBM just because you signed up for the beta zone.
    06-30-10 05:17 AM
    Is it possible to get a new keycode, I lost my original email with the code

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 11:45 AM
    Yes, email betainfo@rim.com to get another keycode...
    06-30-10 11:55 AM
    I just downloaded it as well, I am really hoping it fixes the issues of taking forever to deliver and hanging up, I have a ton of delays lately in the past few weeks.
    06-30-10 01:02 PM
    It may take up to 48 hours for you to get your keycode, but you also need to sign up for BBM. You won't get a key code for the new BBM just because you signed up for the beta zone.
    I finally got the keycode a few hours after signing up. Using the new BBM and its all good. Thanks for the info, sting5566!
    06-30-10 02:53 PM
    I'm late to the part but just grabbed BBM5.0.####beta now. You have to love how BBM is crippled and cannot be used until you get a keycode eh? I guess its my fault for doing it over July4th weekend, but *sigh* its been 24 hours already and supposedly it can take up to 48 hours. I hate being stuck with BBMs I can't even read or access.
    07-03-10 02:48 PM
    I'm late to the part but just grabbed BBM5.0.####beta now. You have to love how BBM is crippled and cannot be used until you get a keycode eh? I guess its my fault for doing it over July4th weekend, but *sigh* its been 24 hours already and supposedly it can take up to 48 hours. I hate being stuck with BBMs I can't even read or access.
    Go back to the old version untill you get the keycode!

07-03-10 11:06 PM
    I finally got the keycode a few hours after signing up. Using the new BBM and its all good. Thanks for the info, sting5566!
    Hi there!

Did you email them to request for a keycode? I signed up with Beta Zone then registered for the BBM 5.0 under my eligible programs by filing out my Pin, etc. I haven't received any email from them yet tho. I sent an email to betainfo@rim.com asking for "advise" (keycode or otherwise). Do I just need to be patient?

Thx
    07-04-10 06:13 AM
    Hi there!

Did you email them to request for a keycode? I signed up with Beta Zone then registered for the BBM 5.0 under my eligible programs by filing out my Pin, etc. I haven't received any email from them yet tho. I sent an email to betainfo@rim.com asking for "advise" (keycode or otherwise). Do I just need to be patient?

Thx
    Ive had it for months now but my sister just registered 2 weeks ago and never got a keycode i emailed them 3 times and after the 3rd email i got a response from help@blackberry.com not the beta email address. Try emailing them at the help email address and cc the beta email.

Good luck

07-04-10 07:58 AM
    gonna try this out since they letting australian ppl sign up. hehehe.
    07-04-10 06:38 PM
    Ive had it for months now but my sister just registered 2 weeks ago and never got a keycode i emailed them 3 times and after the 3rd email i got a response from help@blackberry.com not the beta email address. Try emailing them at the help email address and cc the beta email.

Good luck

thx for the advice!!
    i got the keycode.. took em 48 hours to get it to me .. =D n i din hve to email ne1.
    07-05-10 12:49 PM
    I got the keycode the next day. Like the new look of it. Gonna give it a test run!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-05-10 04:31 PM
    I had to wipe my device and reinstall my OS. I saved my BBM beta keycode, however I cannot reinstall it. I get an error message when I try on the PC using IE8. When I try logging in to beta zone and installing OTA, I get a message that no software is available. What should I do?
    07-07-10 01:26 PM
    I had to wipe my device and reinstall my OS. I saved my BBM beta keycode, however I cannot reinstall it. I get an error message when I try on the PC using IE8. When I try logging in to beta zone and installing OTA, I get a message that no software is available. What should I do?
    I would email betainfo@rim.com and explain the situation. Sorry to hear about you're issues mate. The BETA team should be able to issue you out a new code after you explain the matter.
    07-08-10 01:53 AM
    YAY! Rim Fail! I've been trying to be a part of the bbm one for a while...I wonder when it will show up under my eligible programs....
    07-08-10 07:51 PM
    I've been waiting two weeks for my keycode. I've emailed RIM twice, and still no reply. I've had to change devices, not by choice, and it's pathetic that they take *this* long to reply to my email with the keycodes.

07-12-10 03:28 PM
    I signed up for Beta Zone yesterday and the BBM 5.0.1.17 Beta is no longer available... I emailed them and they just responded saying that I can participate in any other beta offer, and BBM 5.0 Beta programs are no longer available. It's only been a week since it was available? Anyone else know whats going on?
    07-13-10 09:33 AM
    I signed up for Beta Zone yesterday and the BBM 5.0.1.17 Beta is no longer available... I emailed them and they just responded saying that I can participate in any other beta offer, and BBM 5.0 Beta programs are no longer available. It's only been a week since it was available? Anyone else know whats going on?
    Would love an answer on this as well..
    07-14-10 04:19 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD