Hello,

I just upgraded to the BBM 5.0.0.57 as recommended by Blackberry after their 8 hr outage! The Backup Contacts/Restore Contacts remotely option does not work!!! When I go to Restore Contacts or Backup Contacts remotely, it gives me the following message:

"Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the Blackberry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes"

This has been saying this since 7AM EST !!!! I called my carrier, verizon wireless, and they guy told me that the outgage is still not completely fixed. I wish blackberry would test out its messaging system before just putting crap out there and calling it an "UPGRADE"

Sigh...now I have to wait and hope they can fix it quickly
    12-23-09 10:10 AM
    I have just experienced two BlackBerry Messenger upgrade failures.

I would guess the server loading is off the charts right now. I will try again, in a few hours or perhaps tomorrow.

If the root cause was '.55 & '.56 BlackBerry Messenger, we may see ongoing issues until they have been purged from the devices.

12-23-09 10:15 AM
    Make sure you use as many email addresses as possible for remote restore. And also make sure you save a backup to the SD card as well. As Reed alluded to the servers are getting hammered with the regular public finding out what the issue was and now upgrading to the latest for hopes it will save from another outage. Try again in an hour or two.
    12-23-09 10:18 AM
    I have3 email addresses which used to show up with the old messenger for backup. Now I dont see any. If I click on "Back Up file remotely", it shows me a message saying

"Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the Blackberry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes"

And I tired sending the service books to all emails and they all come through just fine
    12-23-09 10:30 AM
    i think it is a temporary overload on rim's side. we all are trying to upgrade at the same time. or they have yet another hosed version....
    12-23-09 10:47 AM
    Just reinstalled BBM and all appears to be good!!.....for now....
    12-23-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD