12-16-09 12:59 PM
76 1234
tools
    This may be of small consolation considering the all the aggravation associated with this upgrade, but if you have a recent (or fairly recent) backup of your BB, you can restore your contacts from the backup using Desktop Manager - this assumes you eventually get past the "I accept" button issue... I was able to do this and only had to reacquire a couple of my newer contacts. Here are the "how to" instructions from the Desktop Manager User Guide:

To restore specific device data in a backup file, click Advanced. On the File menu, click Open. Double-click an .ipd backup file.
    In the Desktop file databases section, click a database. Click the right arrow icon.

As mentioned in the "how to" above, you should see Contacts listed as a database. Select it, hit the right arrow, then restore the database.
    Amen.

Worked for me, both ways (to/from BBM5 from/to the OS original version)
    10-09-09 08:26 AM
    [QUOTE=CheetahAce;3777023]

That would be a good idea.
    Another good idea would be to stick to their own developing standards which they don't.
    LMAO - spoken like a true developer. I know our guys around here say the same about Micro$oft...

Remember, standards are a GOOD thing. That's why there are so many
    10-09-09 08:33 AM
    I was having the same problem w/QL and any BBM, no matter the version. I made my side key BBM (while merging SMS's into BBM) and combining SMS/messages.

It is easier for me - sid key includes primary SMS + BBM.

QL works with all other features.
    10-09-09 11:47 AM
    Sorta sucks that you can't use QL with BBM5, so it seems they've done the same thing with it as they did with the other native apps like Yahoo and Windows Live messenger....now none of these work with quick launch...freakin' great. Great way to cripple developers even more RIM. I really hope they don't go the route of Apple.....

So, if I install BBM5 and not use it with QL, its guranteed to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 12:55 PM
    Sorta sucks that you can't use QL with BBM5, so it seems they've done the same thing with it as they did with the other native apps like Yahoo and Windows Live messenger....now none of these work with quick launch...freakin' great. Great way to cripple developers even more RIM. I really hope they don't go the route of Apple.....

So, if I install BBM5 and not use it with QL, its guranteed to work?

It works fine for me when I don't use QL to launch it.

10-09-09 12:59 PM
    Works as expected w/o QL. Unfortunately...
    10-09-09 01:24 PM
    i have an idea for a workaround. kind of s*ks though.
    i could make it so that to launch bbm5 ql would open the message app then bring up the menu then automatically select the 'instant message' menu item then select the appropriate messenger. kind of like the gps config and bt toggle method. it would work but it's not pretty.
    wat do u think?
    10-09-09 01:39 PM
    i have an idea for a workaround. kind of s*ks though.
    i could make it so that to launch bbm5 ql would open the message app then bring up the menu then automatically select the 'instant message' menu item then select the appropriate messenger. kind of like the gps config and bt toggle method. it would work but it's not pretty.
    wat do u think?
    You're right, it's not pretty... ;-)
    But it does seem to bother a lot of people BBM5 isn't launchable so I'd say go for it until the traditional way is possible...

10-09-09 01:46 PM
    I

QL works with all other features.
    That's what I was looking for...
    Frankly, I care MUCH more about QL than I do BBM. So, as long as QL works with BBM installed, I couldn't care less whether I can open BBM with QL.

Thx for the clarification.
    10-09-09 08:25 PM
    has anyone figured out a way to make a shortcut for quicklaunch with quicklaunch, cause i want to launch quicklaunch from inside of quicklaunch
    10-09-09 08:28 PM
    has anyone figured out a way to make a shortcut for quicklaunch with quicklaunch, cause i want to launch quicklaunch from inside of quicklaunch
    no offense or anything but why the h*ll would you want to do that

10-10-09 01:50 AM
    no offense or anything but why the **** would you want to do that

thats pretty much how i feel about bbm shortcut in quicklaunch
    10-10-09 01:51 AM
    thats pretty much how i feel about bbm shortcut in quicklaunch
    Me too... But it matters to some. And I'm sure it matters to the developer, who would like QL to support as many apps as poss - esp native BB apps...

10-10-09 02:26 AM
    A workaround is better than no workaround. What about a workaround for 'Clock'?

10-10-09 05:54 AM
    ok, so if you dont care about QL why would you post here then. its not your issue so move on and there is no need to make stupid comments about QL. Have fun with your BBM5 and all its issues and shortcomings, Im just happy to be back to version 4. Problem solved for me
    10-10-09 09:07 AM
    CA,
    any update?
    10-19-09 09:20 PM
    beta testing now...
    10-19-09 10:55 PM

Hahaha I don't know why but this made me really laugh out loud. I searched for this problem b/c I realized bbm5 froze whenever accessed from QL and was seeing if there was a fix.

But from reading this thread I realize that it is really pretty ******** for me to launch bbm from ql and not just the app switcher. So...yeah, won't be worrying about this little bug anymore
    12-14-09 04:15 PM
    Hahaha I don't know why but this made me really laugh out loud. I searched for this problem b/c I realized bbm5 froze whenever accessed from QL and was seeing if there was a fix.

But from reading this thread I realize that it is really pretty ******** for me to launch bbm from ql and not just the app switcher. So...yeah, won't be worrying about this little bug anymore

I believe its been fixed....
    12-14-09 04:22 PM
    I believe its been fixed....
    I was still having the same problem (as of last week) as previous posters. Opening bbm from quicklaunch opened the program, but then you couldn't do anything and would have to batt pull to fix it.
    12-15-09 09:11 PM
    Are all your permissions set to allow in QL? I have zero issues on my curve running 4.5.138. Quicklaunch is 2.15.xx.

12-15-09 09:40 PM
    get the new version of bbm 5.0.0.55!!
    faster, better, stronger!

http:/mobile.blackberry.com
    12-15-09 10:53 PM
    Not compatible with 4.5 os.....but nice kanye reference .

12-16-09 07:10 AM
    thats a daft punk sample
    12-16-09 07:15 AM
    I only have one eye open. Katie you stole my thunder. I feel shame .

12-16-09 07:17 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD