12-16-09 12:59 PM
76 1234
tools
    So what's the verdict? Can the QL App Switcher bring up BBM5 without a previous try at launching BBM5 from ql?
    I think trying to launch it gets it hosed up.
    I need a few ppl to try the ql app switcher with bbm5 after a reboot when you get a chance please.
    thank you.
    Mine was after a reboot and removing bbm from the ql list....

8330 using 4.5.0.77
    10-08-09 01:07 PM
    thanks. ok... need some more ppl to chime in on this. maybe i can make some sort of '~fix~' if i get enough feedback.
    10-08-09 01:09 PM
    thanks. ok... need some more ppl to chime in on this. maybe i can make some sort of '~fix~' if i get enough feedback.
    Ok, 8900 os .250 QL app switcher will not launch BBM5 for me straight after a reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 01:37 PM
    I just tried to do it right after a battery pull. Still won't work. It does not even load BBM. Everything listed on the switcher will pull up, but not BBM.
    10-08-09 01:38 PM
    just did a reboot after removing BBM from QL. Still no luck with BBM using the QL app switcher.
    10-08-09 01:40 PM
    I tried it with a fresh reboot and having it loaded.. App Switcher_QL will not load BBM at all. If I have it try to just launch BBM it freezes the program and I have to reboot the phone before using it again. This is on a Bold 9000.
    10-08-09 01:49 PM
    BBM5 would open using QL, but I could not use any of the functions. (Start New Conversion, Add Contact, Etc.) Even after numerous battery pulls, the app launched through QL would freeze up.

The only way I got BBM5 to work was to launch it directly from my App Switcher that's built into the Tour.

Hope that helps & looking forward to a fix.

Thanks!
    10-08-09 02:02 PM
    BBM5 would open using QL, but I could not use any of the functions. (Start New Conversion, Add Contact, Etc.) Even after numerous battery pulls, the app launched through QL would freeze up.

The only way I got BBM5 to work was to launch it directly from my App Switcher that's built into the Tour.

Hope that helps & looking forward to a fix.

Thanks!
    Thats what happens with me...
    I thought I was the only one who can get it to launch from the switcher.
    10-08-09 02:13 PM
    blah. ok. thanks.
    10-08-09 02:21 PM
    blah. ok. thanks.
    Appreciate the effort CA!!!
    10-08-09 02:23 PM
    After a reboot and NOT launching BBM from QL first, I can get it to launch and function correctly using the native BB app switcher. It appears that if you ever launch it from QL you're hosed until you do a reboot, after that, it appears to launch normally from the icon or native BB app switcher. Someone else on this thread mentioned deleting any "leftover" pre-upgrade QL shortcuts to BBM and creating a new one...this did not work for me.
    10-08-09 02:56 PM
    Went to do a screen capture while in BBM and it said QL has to have all permissions set to allow.....
    10-08-09 03:05 PM
    After a reboot and NOT launching BBM from QL first, I can get it to launch and function correctly using the native BB app switcher. It appears that if you ever launch it from QL you're hosed until you do a reboot, after that, it appears to launch normally from the icon or native BB app switcher...
    Same exact situation here. 8900 on 5.0.0.238.
    10-08-09 03:16 PM
    Can anyone confirm this to be an issue with PocketDay shortcuts as well?
    10-08-09 04:45 PM
    I use QL more so RIM can suck it, I just stay with BBM 4 which works just fine with QL.
    10-08-09 07:59 PM
    I use QL more so RIM can suck it, I just stay with BBM 4 which works just fine with QL.
    1. it's not RIM's fault their program doesn't work with quicklaunch
    2. denying yourself the new BBM just so you can use it with quicklaunch might be the most ******** thing i've ever read.... anywhere
    3. BBM is always running, its redundant to even have a quicklaunch item for it as you can simply press the bb menu key for 1 second or alt+back to bring up app switcher and access it, having shortcuts for apps that are always running is ridiculous.
    10-08-09 08:03 PM
    thats your opinion, I guess I just got use to using QL with the theme I have installed which has 1 icon on the screen which is QL. seems like by reading here Im not the only one who has BBM in the QL list, oh well the old version works fine I dont think Im "denying" myself of anything just because I use the old version. lol
    10-08-09 08:15 PM
    Scooter,
    but why have QL as the only icon.
    If its assigned to a side button on the device just make the one icon BBM for the time being....That's what I did.
    10-08-09 09:00 PM
    [QUOTE=katiepea;3775614]1. it's not RIM's fault their program doesn't work with quicklaunch

Yes it is.
    10-08-09 09:18 PM
    Regardless of fault, hoping CheetahAce can provide us with some kind of workaround sooner rather than later
    10-08-09 10:19 PM
    [QUOTE=CheetahAce;3776160]
    1. it's not RIM's fault their program doesn't work with quicklaunch

Yes it is.
    so rim should design all of their apps around 3rd party developers?
    10-08-09 10:20 PM
    Regardless of fault, hoping CheetahAce can provide us with some kind of workaround sooner rather than later
    well people .. this problem has existed since the leaked bbm came out, for months, i'd say you'll have to wait on a newer version of quicklaunch, the dev. has been hearing about it since july, i'm sure he's working on it.
    10-08-09 10:21 PM
    [QUOTE=katiepea;3776655]

so rim should design all of their apps around 3rd party developers?
    That would be a good idea.
    Another good idea would be to stick to their own developing standards which they don't.
    10-08-09 11:12 PM
    yes I could sign the new BBM5 to a side key sure, although Im still having problem installing it since it wont let me pass the licence agreement even though I click "I accept". Unless Im willing to loose all my contacts and vipe my phone so the new BBM5 could install fine, which at this point Im not going to do and for that I think we can blame RIM. If they release an upgrade which wont install over the old one that my friends is pretty sad.
    10-09-09 06:37 AM
    yes I could sign the new BBM5 to a side key sure, although Im still having problem installing it since it wont let me pass the licence agreement even though I click "I accept". Unless Im willing to loose all my contacts and vipe my phone so the new BBM5 could install fine, which at this point Im not going to do and for that I think we can blame RIM. If they release an upgrade which wont install over the old one that my friends is pretty sad.
    This may be of small consolation considering the all the aggravation associated with this upgrade, but if you have a recent (or fairly recent) backup of your BB, you can restore your contacts from the backup using Desktop Manager - this assumes you eventually get past the "I accept" button issue... I was able to do this and only had to reacquire a couple of my newer contacts. Here are the "how to" instructions from the Desktop Manager User Guide:

To restore specific device data in a backup file, click Advanced. On the File menu, click Open. Double-click an .ipd backup file.
    In the Desktop file databases section, click a database. Click the right arrow icon.

As mentioned in the "how to" above, you should see Contacts listed as a database. Select it, hit the right arrow, then restore the database.
    10-09-09 07:36 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD