12-16-09 11:59 AM
76 123 ...
tools
    I love using Quick Launch to open BBM but now that I have the new version it doesn't work right. It will open BBM but after it does that I can't select or do anything else within BBM. Anyone else having this issue?

OS. 4.6.297 (ATT)
    QL 2.12.3
    BBM 5.0.0.33
    10-08-09 05:04 AM
    I love using Quick Launch to open BBM but now that I have the new version it doesn't work right. It will open BBM but after it does that I can't select or do anything else within BBM. Anyone else having this issue?

OS. 4.6.297 (ATT)
    QL 2.12.3
    BBM 5.0.0.33
    Doing the same thing to me and now have to do a pull
    10-08-09 05:11 AM

OS. 4.6.297 (ATT)
    QL 2.12.3
    BBM 5.0.0.33
    can you explain to me how using quicklaunch to get to BBM is quicking than just holding the blackberry menu button for a half second to open app switcher and get to it?
    10-08-09 05:53 AM
    Doing the same thing to me and now have to do a pull
    Same thing here.
    10-08-09 05:54 AM
    I really need suggestion about what's going on?
    After I install BBM 5 in my wife's javelin with OS 5.0.0.190, ...than something strange happen...
    Her BBM dissapear>>>why? Please help...help...help
    10-08-09 06:03 AM
    I just re-booted my phone, BBM is working again. Added it to QL, not working again. I am guessing at this point, that they are not compatable.
    10-08-09 06:03 AM
    It's a bug with QL, not BBM. It did the same thing with the leaked version of BBM 5. Now that BBM 5 is official, the developers of QL will have to fix the problem.
    10-08-09 06:26 AM
    Same things is happening to me.
    10-08-09 06:30 AM
    Is it working for anyone? Maybe the 5.0 OS?
    10-08-09 06:32 AM
    Is it working for anyone? Maybe the 5.0 OS?
    I am running Verizon's official release of 4.7 and it does not work.
    10-08-09 07:01 AM
    I've experienced the same incompatibility issue with BBM 5.0 and QL. I'm running the official Sprint 4.7 OS and the latest version of QL.
    10-08-09 07:25 AM
    I get the same thing. US Cellular running 4.5. Anytime I went through QL I couldn't back out or close out of the program. So I deleted it from QL and am just using the main icon. Hopefully this will be able to be fixed. Drove me nuts having to battery pull 6 times (Yeah I was a little slow to figure out it was QL and not BBM5.) lol.
    10-08-09 07:37 AM
    I've experienced the same incompatibility issue with BBM 5.0 and QL. I'm running the official Sprint 4.7 OS and the latest version of QL.
    Same here. Hopefully this will get fixed ASAP.
    10-08-09 08:05 AM
    Once I got it past the disclaimer screen by actually clicking on the BBM icon to finish installing instead of loading through QL, it installed correctly. I set up a new shortcut through QL after the install and it's working fine on mine at the moment.
    10-08-09 08:15 AM
    I've had the same issue with QL and BBM 5 on the tour. Glad I read this...had to do a reset 5 times this morning after launching BBM5 with QL. Hope it gets fixed soon!
    10-08-09 09:15 AM
    Took me forever to finally figure out that QL was my issue last night after I upgraded to BBM 5.0. I even deleted my old BBM short-cut in QL, did a battery pull, re-added the short-cut and I still could not use BBM 5.0. I really hope QL does something to fix this issue soon as I really enjoy QL. The new BBM will take some getting used to, but I'm liking it so far.
    10-08-09 09:38 AM
    same here using an 8330 running 4.5.0.77
    10-08-09 10:47 AM
    BBM5 does not support launching from 3rd party apps. This has been the case since bbm5 was introduced months ago. Despite numerous attempts to get rim to cough up the secret to this and their other messengers they only reply saying 'launching is not supported'. They have a new 'President of Developer Relations' person on the rim dev boards that's catching a lot of heat these days from developers over a whole bunch of issues so I think i will chime in today to him and ask him once again to let us know how to launch bbm5. i don't know what their problem is and i dont see how launching a messenger could compromise any security or whatever. Blah.... rim...

Anyway, can someone try this for me?...
    See if QL can bring up BBM5 using the QL App Switcher and let me know here please ok?
    10-08-09 11:47 AM
    BBM5 does not support launching from 3rd party apps. This has been the case since bbm5 was introduced months ago. Despite numerous attempts to get rim to cough up the secret to this and their other messengers they only reply saying 'launching is not supported'. They have a new 'President of Developer Relations' person on the rim dev boards that's catching a lot of heat these days from developers over a whole bunch of issues so I think i will chime in today to him and ask him once again to let us know how to launch bbm5. i don't know what their problem is and i dont see how launching a messenger could compromise any security or whatever. Blah.... rim...

See if QL can bring up BBM5 using the QL App Switcher and let me know here please ok?

Do you mean using the built in app switcher? cause that works without issue.
    10-08-09 11:54 AM
    yes the built in one. thanks.
    so...
    hmm...
    Doesn't BBM5 run constantly in the background? Correct? You can't close and exit BBM5 correct?
    10-08-09 11:58 AM
    yes the built in one. thanks.
    so...
    hmm...
    Doesn't BBM5 run constantly in the background? Correct? You can't close and exit BBM5 correct?
    Correct....
    10-08-09 12:00 PM
    just tried. didn't work for me.
    10-08-09 12:01 PM

Does not appear to work with mine. Will not even pull it up.
    Tour, Verizon, 4.1.1.40
    just tried. didn't work for me.
    Did you try that after a fresh reboot or after a previously failed attempt at launching bbm5?
    So what's the verdict? Can the QL App Switcher bring up BBM5 without a previous try at launching BBM5 from ql?
    I think trying to launch it gets it hosed up.
    I need a few ppl to try the ql app switcher with bbm5 after a reboot when you get a chance please.
    thank you.
    10-08-09 12:03 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD