I see a number of post saying the latest release of bbm5 works with os 230 for the 9530, but I can't get it to work. I download it from app world or through the browser it installs, but the icon is no where to be found and I don't recieve bbm's. If i restart the bb it gives me the option to reinstall bbm again from the app world window. Any suggestions?
    10-08-09 03:21 PM
    I see a number of post saying the latest release of bbm5 works with os 230 for the 9530, but I can't get it to work. I download it from app world or through the browser it installs, but the icon is no where to be found and I don't recieve bbm's. If i restart the bb it gives me the option to reinstall bbm again from the app world window. Any suggestions?
    I went to: http://blackberry.com/messenger

and followed the links... worked well.. Back up contacts if you are using 4.7 - time saver.
    10-08-09 03:24 PM
    For some reason, it doesn't work when you install it from AppWorld or the ApplicationCenter. It only works when you download the file from the blackberry website.

It took me multiple tries to figure that out.
    10-15-09 12:48 AM
    Mine worked from App World

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 12:51 AM
    mine also worked from appworld. But i was having issues with my appworld vanishing. lol
    10-15-09 12:54 AM
    Try storm OTA thru ur browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 01:04 AM
    I upgraded my friend's OS, and he lost his BBM5. We can't figure out how to get it on there.

I upgraded mine, and it was on there from the beginning.

Any suggestions?
    10-15-09 07:09 AM
    I upgraded mine as well and it was missing. Just need to re-install it at the above link and it will be no problem.
    10-15-09 08:33 AM
    Did you pull the batt or just do a key restart? I had to pull the batt to get mine to actually reboot.
    10-15-09 08:50 AM
    are you using hybrid 5.0's? most ppl having problems with OS.230 and hybrid .238
    10-15-09 08:53 AM
    I have a problem with BBM. I am in Amsterdam and I am trying to BBM my friends in the states . Does BBM work overseas because it still says pending and it has been 24hrs since I sent a request? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    10-15-09 08:58 AM
    We've tried all the different download links, and done battery pulls, no idea why it won't work on my friend's.
    10-15-09 09:10 AM
    anyone figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

BBM showed up in my "downloads" folder as an archived app, so I restored it. No icon showed up. I did a batt pull and it showed up again as being archived.

So I deleted it within app world, redownloaded and installed it... icon doesn't show up. Did a batt pull and showed up again as being archived.

So I deleted it again and tried the link above... now my archive icons are gone as is my app world icon.
    10-15-09 04:24 PM
    Go here from your phone or email that link to yourself.
    10-15-09 05:12 PM
    I was having issues to. Re-installed, deleted, repeated all to know success. It would say it was installed but could not find the icon anywhere. Wasn't hidden or in any folders. What finally worked for me is this.

After it was installed via app world, I went and deleted files located in:

"Applications" Folder on home screen/Files/my files/device memory/blackberry/app_world/downloads/<your pin#>/Blackberry Messenger

I just selected to delete the whole folder for BBM and all its contents. This way is does not show up in AppWorld any more. This does not remove the app from the device.

I then went to the Options on home screen/Applications selected "add on" instead of third party, found BBM, then deleted it from the device. (I can't remember if it rebooted or not, but I think it did.)

From my BB browser, I went to http://blackberry.com/messenger and reinstalled the application from there. It finally showed up on the device like you would expect.

Thank goodness for crackberry, patience & the search feature. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by cary; 10-16-09 at 04:10 PM. Reason: OS system is .230, no hybrids
    10-16-09 04:10 PM
    I had a lot of problems with BBM 5 and .230 I actually posted a message earlier but I figured it out.

Before I upgraded to .230 I backed up my phone (of course) and after the upgrade all I did was plug my phone in press restore and then I was able to redownload it and it works perfectly
    10-16-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD