10-08-09 06:18 PM
74 123
tools
    The CrackBerry.com blog post says you can download it from blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger without using App World but that link does not work for me in IE8 nor my BB Browser.
    also this link not working
    10-07-09 09:18 PM
    Yes this version is more stable, faster and is compatible with OS 4.5 and up.
    Crucial what happened to the proximity feature? Is that a 5.0 only feature? I do not see the option anymore since upgrade from 5.0.0.8 and do not see it in the CrackBerry features list posted a few days ago.
    10-07-09 09:25 PM
    Did anyone actually get the confirmation email for the "remote backup"?

Nevermind: Just had to go to "backup contacts" and tell it to do remote backup again.
    still nothing here, been about 50 mins since i clicked ok on the message
    10-07-09 09:26 PM
    All seems to be working fine for me. Was frozen for a while when installing, but then prompted to reboot. I'm running 5.0.0.190 (platform 5.2.0.11).

I agree with you Samosa, where's the official OS 5.0??? You can do it RIM!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 09:27 PM
    i had problems installing from app world the first 2 times but the last time, I installed it from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger and it was successful
    10-07-09 09:43 PM
    It's working fine with me. Looks a little different than the leaked version. I'm liking it so far.
    10-07-09 09:45 PM
    i had problems installing from app world the first 2 times but the last time, I installed it from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger and it was successful
    Ahhh there's a good link - www.blackberry.com/send/messenger from your BB Browser.
    10-07-09 09:46 PM
    Will this work with quicklaunch? I know when I was running the leaked version, it didn't work.
    10-07-09 09:50 PM
    You shouldn't need to delete the old one - though it may avoid some of the errors I'm having - your call though. Most likely just download it and it'll ask you if you want to replace your current version with 5.0.0.33 and then cross your fingers!
    I'm running 5.0238 OS with 4.7 BBM. Just installed 5.033 BBM over top of 4.7 with no problems. In fact, it kept my contact list which I thought would be lost.
    10-07-09 09:57 PM
    Will this work with quicklaunch? I know when I was running the leaked version, it didn't work.
    Works great with QL now. I had the same issue with the leaked version.
    10-07-09 09:57 PM
    Ahhh there's a good link - www.blackberry.com/send/messenger from your BB Browser.
    Ahhh thank you! I don't have appworld running here in India, so this link was a lifesaver!! I can also confirm it runs well with OS 5.0.0.238.
    10-07-09 09:59 PM
    I got it up an running didn't lose a thing not sure if all the features work but I will track and report from the front line. Still waiting on the email confirm for backing up contacts via email. All in all it's working smoothly for now! Props to RIM!

10-07-09 10:04 PM
    Few differences from the leaked version:

some emoticons missing, a few options in the "My Profile" section and in the contact list it no longer shows "available" or "not avail" under each name.

no option for "show when i'm on phone".

They did add an option for back up - can choose local or remote.

not sure why they would remove other cool items and options.
    10-07-09 10:07 PM
    Did anyone actually get the confirmation email for the "remote backup"?

Nevermind: Just had to go to "backup contacts" and tell it to do remote backup again.
    You won't get them on your Blackberry, they're automatically processed. They will show up on the web though. I just checked my GMail online as well my work email, and I had the confirmation messages.
    10-07-09 10:09 PM

some emoticons missing, a few options in the "My Profile" section and in the contact list it no longer shows "available" or "not avail" under each name.

I can confirm the same things. (running .297 v2)

Some of the emoticons still for (typing *us* will display the US flag) they just dont show up in the popup.

They did add an option in the app to check for updates (options - about BBM - check for updates)

Not sure why they took out "show when I'm on the phone" (doesn't display on 3G or wifi) or the status indicators.

Overall works pretty good though.
    10-07-09 10:13 PM

I've also noticed it has a new look overall.

The chat bubbles next to people's names have the blue BB logo in them.

The recent updates no longer becomes that pale yellow (hard to see) color when there are new update - it has a red X next to it.

Proximity options are gone. Maybe this is still available in 5.0?

I personally think there are more emoticons...I have 45 now...including a cup of coffee and a pint of beer.

Directly under the header for the contacts list is a bar you can select to "Invite Contact."

At the bottom of my contacts list is another list, empty so far, for "BlackBerry Groups".

Below that is "Create New Group" and "Scan a Group Barcode"

And in options I don't remember having this: "Replace Caller ID Pictures with Display Pictures" though maybe I just never noticed it.
    10-07-09 10:15 PM
    i can confirm the above from @jeffreii. I like that there is a "show barcode" option in profile rather that it just being there.

also like the group conference category and the "invite contact" option.

always had the beer and coffee icons.

still trying to determine if there are any other difference when people are chatting...
    10-07-09 10:19 PM
    Really liking the new BBM5, except for how sending pictures works. I liked it MUCH MUCH better in the old version. Having to accept the file and then save it is just annoying. Before it would just send and you click a button to view it, similar to MMS. I'll probably end up using it less since my friends have all complained about it already tonight. Maybe RIM can change it back?
    10-07-09 10:23 PM
    sending and receiving pics and file works fine for me also - i read someone on the blog had issues. I'm on latest official at&t release (.297).

saw some complaints about losing some proximity features. not sure what options used to be there in leaked. but I did notice an american flag in my profile that maybe wasnt there before. not sure.
    10-07-09 10:25 PM
    Also display names in chats are different colors. can I change that?

bubbles look slightly different but not sure why. Maybe its the display name colors.
    10-07-09 10:27 PM
    Really liking the new BBM5, except for how sending pictures works. I liked it MUCH MUCH better in the old version. Having to accept the file and then save it is just annoying. Before it would just send and you click a button to view it, similar to MMS. I'll probably end up using it less since my friends have all complained about it already tonight. Maybe RIM can change it back?
    I just received a picture and it didnt ask me to accept. just had option to view or save with a thumbnail.
    10-07-09 10:29 PM
    Works great for me. Happy to have BBM 5 back!

10-07-09 10:31 PM
    I am mixed on ver 5. I like the added features, but liked the compressed viewing of the previous ver.. Its too bad that there wasn't an option to remove the "last line received" as well the double spacing of all the contact display names.

10-07-09 10:36 PM
    Haven't tried the transferring large file feature which would be the most handy feature for me.

I like it a lot better than the older version.
    10-07-09 10:40 PM
    Liking the new BBM alot right now...

One question though... Anyone add their SMS contacts yet? Some are in Bold print while others aren't. And because some are in Bold, the chat icon constantly has a * as if there's a new message, but there isn't...
    10-07-09 10:46 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD