I am using .230 OS and new BBM. I added all my peeps that I would SMS into it. Now when I receive a text from any of them, the new message indicator will not go away until I delete the message. It works perfectly fine for BBM's, but not for SMS's. I deleted my SMS and MMS inbox and outbox thinking that might be it, but it still happens. Anyone have any ideas what to try next? It seems like when I read the text, it doesn't get triggered as read and stays bold. Here's a picture, msg indicator is on Chats Bar.
    10-10-09 08:01 AM
    I am using .230 OS and new BBM. I added all my peeps that I would SMS into it. Now when I receive a text from any of them, the new message indicator will not go away until I delete the message. It works perfectly fine for BBM's, but not for SMS's. I deleted my SMS and MMS inbox and outbox thinking that might be it, but it still happens. Anyone have any ideas what to try next? It seems like when I read the text, it doesn't get triggered as read and stays bold. Here's a picture, msg indicator is on Chats Bar.
    Have you tried a battery pull? Also .230 has threaded SMS already why add them into BBM?
    10-10-09 08:26 AM
    I tried a battery pull, and even resent service books. I did find a way to clear the indicator a few minutes ago though. If I open a BBM chat and swipe left or right through the chats till I get to the text message, it will then accept it as read and clear the indicator. I added SMS contacts to this because it is one of the new features, and I was trying to make this my primary messaging app.
    10-10-09 09:13 AM
    I have the same problem. Wtf??? I got it to go away once but no more. Anyone got any solutions for this on 8900?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 01:56 PM
    I've got the same problem on my bold. Any tips on how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated.

10-12-09 02:08 PM
    Anybody find anything out? This is bugging me

10-12-09 07:54 PM
    Switching chats worked but tht will be a pain everytime lol

10-12-09 07:55 PM
    So this happened to me too and the only way they would clear was to delete through main Messages folder or SMS, if I remember right?
    10-12-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD