Has anyone gotten this to work successfully? I have tried it from my Storm and my wives Curve and after about a minute of progress, it says Unable to retrieve current location. I have BB Maps and Location on, so I am wondering if I am missing a setting or something.
    10-08-09 08:00 AM
    ya same here. i thought it was just me. i even tried locating my self on maps to see if that worked but no. i also downloaded google maps to try it but still no. anyone have any ideas or any luck
    10-08-09 08:39 AM
    It worked for me using the leaked BBM 5.0.0.8 version, but no longer works with 5.0.0.33 and didn't work with 4.7.x.x I had before. Not a terribly useful tool, but a fun feature all the same. Wish it worked!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 10:41 PM
    Yeah I tried to send my location to a few of my friends and have gotten the same problem as the op. I hope they get this worked out pretty soon. I want to be able to play with this feature.
    10-08-09 10:48 PM
    It worked for me using the leaked BBM 5.0.0.8 version, but no longer works with 5.0.0.33 and didn't work with 4.7.x.x I had before. Not a terribly useful tool, but a fun feature all the same. Wish it worked!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It was a sweet feature. I could track my teenager on his blackberry by requesting his location. I could get proximity alert when he was within a certain range letting me know he was on his way home. (Helped planning dinner)

We had BBM 5.0.8 (leaked version) and upgraded thinking it would be in the official 5.0, but nope. I want my leaked version back! Anyone know where I can get it, or whats going on with this new one? Also if I try and send location I get an error stating it cant "retrieve current location." But my Google Maps and BB Maps work just fine with GPS...
    ?!?!?!
    10-08-09 11:34 PM
    It was a sweet feature. I could track my teenager on his blackberry by requesting his location. I could get proximity alert when he was within a certain range letting me know he was on his way home. (Helped planning dinner)

We had BBM 5.0.8 (leaked version) and upgraded thinking it would be in the official 5.0, but nope. I want my leaked version back! Anyone know where I can get it, or whats going on with this new one? Also if I try and send location I get an error stating it cant "retrieve current location." But my Google Maps and BB Maps work just fine with GPS...
    ?!?!?!
    Wow, that makes me want the old version. What the **** did you do with it! How did you even get the proximity alerts, etc? What was that option?
    10-09-09 02:31 AM
    Wow, that makes me want the old version. What the **** did you do with it! How did you even get the proximity alerts, etc? What was that option?

I lost my leaked when I upgraded to the official... I thought this feature would be included since I was going from leaked 5.0.0.8 to 5.0.0.33. But it wasnt. There are still leaked download links out there.

Check out: Newly Updated BBM5 Links OTA/DM Install ThemeUrBB
    10-09-09 08:15 PM
    I lost my leaked when I upgraded to the official... I thought this feature would be included since I was going from leaked 5.0.0.8 to 5.0.0.33. But it wasnt. There are still leaked download links out there.

Check out: Newly Updated BBM5 Links OTA/DM Install ThemeUrBB
    Thing is I waited for this stable release so I could install instead of the leaked .8, and went straight from 4.7 to the new release.

Now, if I go to .8 that would be like installing a new BBM, would that work?
    10-10-09 04:17 AM
    Thing is I waited for this stable release so I could install instead of the leaked .8, and went straight from 4.7 to the new release.

Now, if I go to .8 that would be like installing a new BBM, would that work?
    I'm not sure. I've tried to go back to 5.0.0.8 and havent had any luck finding a good link to use. RIM has done a good job of finding and removing the install links. And the ones still out there dont seem to work. They made my BBM disappear... :-\ Stuck with the new one.
    10-12-09 03:38 PM
    I found a link that works but ever since I did my original upgrade I can't get the location sharing to work anymore at all. I've done several wipes and OS reinstalls without any luck.

I had it setup my daughters phone to send me her location whenever my phone requested it. It doesn't even ask her or bother her. Now I have to continually call her to make sure she is OK
    10-12-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD