Anyone else having problems transfering files on in BBM5.0 on their curve 8330? File transfers just don't seem to want to work, and on the rare occasion that they do, the person receiving can't open. Just seeing if anyone else is experiencing this.
    11-08-09 04:54 PM
    There is a bug where if you send right from the media section it wont move, send from the BBM menu *send picture* and they work.
    11-08-09 04:56 PM
    Nope, I actually did the reverse, Tried it with "send picture" and it didn't work, and then tried it the otherway, same problem.
    11-09-09 03:41 PM
    Sorry I will clarify. I was trying to send a pic via BBM using the "Send Picture" menu option in BBM and and it did not go through. this happened several times over several days. Finally I tried the other way in the media section, and again same result. I am not able to receive files either thru BBM.
    11-09-09 03:44 PM
    I have issues on and off with this.

Sometimes it makes me download each image to the phone before I can view it. Sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes the download is hella slow and glitchy. Even with verizon to verizon I was having these problems.

May have something to do with other people on the older bbm and me on 5.0?

Really haven't looked into it yet though.
    11-09-09 07:52 PM
    It seems like, to me anyway, when a transfer is done from bbm 5.0 to bbm 5.0 is has the problem. Anytime Ive done a transfer with someone that has an older version of bbm it works flawless.
    11-10-09 07:04 AM
    I'm using the blackberry Storm, File transfer rarely works for me. The only time it works is if the person sending or receiving files does not have the BBM upgrade yet.
    11-15-09 09:23 PM
    Same issue here. I've got a Storm with BBM 5 and the rest of my family has Curves (8330s) and the file transfer doesn't work at all since we all "upgraded" to BBM 5.

Anyone have ideas?
    11-16-09 11:18 AM
    FINALLY... i've been waiting for a post like this since I haven't gotten around to posting about this issue myself.

My Specs:
    Blackberry 8330 Sprint
    OS v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55)

Blackberry Messenger v5.0.0.33

I do a ton of media sending and receiving on BBM. Since my upgrade to BBM 5, my ability to send file from the actual BBM application goes in and out.

EXAMPLE W/R/T VOICENOTES:
    I'll select menu>'send voicenote' and the "Start Recording" or "Cancel" buttons will be brought up but when I click the trackball to start recording, nothing happens --> so I'll have to record the voicenote in the voicenote recording application and click menu>'send to messenger contact', and THEN it'll work. Voicenotes coming in are sometimes playable from BBM 5 itself, sometimes they aren't. When they aren't, I click "Play" and the default Blackberry media player opens, but the voicenote will not play, no matter what. So I'll save the voicenote and try to play it from the voicenote application - BUT WAIT - the media player then says "Error Loading: media player in use by another application (i.e. it thinks BBM is still using media player)".

The person i'm going back & forth with is on a Verizon 8330 using an older version of BOTH BBM and Blackberry OS. Everything worked seamlessly between us before I went to BBM 5.

A different person I bbm with has BBM 5 on his Verizon 8330 and that works fine with media: both VNs, and pictures.

I'm assuming the bugs have to do with BBM 5's communication w/ older versions.

ANY clarification is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    11-18-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD