Is anyone else noticing a drain on battery life from the official BBM 5.0? My girlfriend has a Curve 8330 and I have a Tour and both of have noticed a drain. We were both using the 5.0.0.8 leaked version before.
    10-08-09 06:48 PM
    yes i have noticed that today as well.
    10-08-09 06:58 PM
    Not here. Let's ask this...how much more have you been pushing buttons and keeping the backlight on playing with the new bbm today?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 07:04 PM
    Yea it all has to do if you are getting notices from your group since the red light blinks and the more buttons you push the battery will drain.
    10-08-09 07:18 PM
    Battery and memory have been outstanding for me.....so far anyway......
    10-08-09 07:22 PM
    Keeping backlight very low and timeout to 10 sec. will really really help........
    10-08-09 07:26 PM
    I d/l yesterday and thought it was outstanding. I only have 2 messenger contacts and we talk only a couple of messages a day. I don't use my phone much during the day and usually have 75+ percent battery when i get off work.
    Today, again, very little use at work and my phone turned off due to low battery before 5 PM. I did nothing differently. Took phone off charger at 7:30 AM as usual.
    Only thing different is the new BBM. I am going to try a battery pull and charge again and see if it does the same tomorrow. If so, i will have to downgrade.
    10-08-09 07:27 PM
    group i joined wasnt quite draining my battery ( ended up turning off all notifications cept the icon) but it was locking/lagging my , guessing from all the chat activity even though i left chat by hitting thje back key, i didnt see any "leave chat" option anywherem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 07:29 PM
    I have noticed that it drops out and searches for data much more frequently after installing BBM 5.0. I think I am going to have to live without Pandora for a while and jump back to a 5.0 OS and see if that helps eleimate data dropping out and improves battery life. There are a lot of changes going on right now so it could be either local or on the RIM side...
    10-08-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD