10-28-09 04:50 PM
67 123
tools
    that means you don't have GPS connection prolly...

lemme see what i can find out about it, i'll get back to you...
    10-17-09 09:42 PM
    that means you don't have GPS connection prolly...

lemme see what i can find out about it, i'll get back to you...
    Thanks patches. I was wondering the same thing. I am able to locate on BB maps and Google maps. I do notice on poynt, the little circle at the top is blue, where it used to be green.
    10-18-09 09:57 AM
    it doesn't work for me either...it just might be broken...
    10-18-09 01:23 PM
    I noticed over the last day or two that my BBM is not indicating whether or not my contacts are available. For some reason, the green indicator is not there anymore, or the red indicator for that matter. Is anyone else experiencing this? I tried every setting I could think of.
    10-18-09 02:22 PM
    I use BBM a lot for business as well as personal communication all day long every day and was very excited when the new BBM came out.

After a couple of days I had to go back to 5.0.0.8 because of the memory leak as well as it eating my battery alive. Now everything is back to normal.

Before anybody suggests battery pulls, done them. Load .230 been there done that, not reliable enough when your Storm HAS to work.

Just my personal observation.

Mikey

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mikeyman65; 10-18-09 at 10:49 PM.
    10-18-09 10:43 PM
    I use BBM slot for business as well as personal communication and was very excited when the new BBM came out.

After a couple of days I went back to 5.0.0.8 because of the memory leak as well as it eating my battery alive. Now everything is back to normal.

Before anybody suggests battery pulls, done them. Load .230 been there done that, not reliable enough when your Storm HAS to work.

Just my personal observation.

Mikey

i don't think BBM is causing the leak...

battery life: don't join groups, and turn off the "updates" for friends...especially if you have lots of friends...the more data that's being used with the network, the more it'll eat your battery up...

if you don't know what i'm talking about you can PM or email me and i'll help you out.
    10-18-09 10:49 PM
    yea i did too.. used to be around 39-40, now at 32 after i deleted meterberry, a theme, n shazam since they dont work on .230
    10-19-09 12:10 AM
    Anybody figure out why we can't share location? I liked the leaked version better.
    Last edited by gocardinals1; 10-19-09 at 09:11 AM.
    10-19-09 12:14 AM
    Anybody figure out why we can't share location? I liked the leaked version better.
    I agree, the leaked version was sweet. I actually used the proximity alerts and location tools to locate staff, friends, etc... It worked sweet! But it's gone now, and I can;t send location either, I get the "Failed" message also... (Unable to retrieve your location...)
    10-19-09 09:41 AM
    I agree, the leaked version was sweet. I actually used the proximity alerts and location tools to locate staff, friends, etc... It worked sweet! But it's gone now, and I can;t send location either, I get the "Failed" message also... (Unable to retrieve your location...)
    I get the same message. Disappointing.
    10-19-09 11:53 AM
    i find the new version more stable, and consistent...the location sharing/proximity is cool, like i said i've never used it, and everyone that i know had it disabled anyway...

but with the leaked version, avatars and status not updating, messages not delivering, etc...i kept telling myself it was an issue on the back end with RIM, but ever since the update, i've had no issues with deliver, avatars, anything...

for me it's a trade off, and an improvement...i'd rather it do what it's meant to do, than break the core function to add a trivial feature...

it's like giving me copy and paste for my iphone, but not allowing me to make phone calls in return.
    10-19-09 04:01 PM
    Just installed the new version of BBM... and when the phone restarted my app memory went from 25MB to 16MB...... I did a battery pull, still 16MB...

Did anybody else lose a ton of free app memory after installing it?
    Same thing happened to me. This thing is a memory sucker.
    10-19-09 11:04 PM
    Well after going back to 5.0.0.8 my problems with BBM have gone away.

My wife is on .167 with .33 and was down to 15% battery by the time she got home. Maybe it's because we're still 4.7, I don't know but I'm going to leave hers alone for a few days and see what happens.

My 8350i has all the official stock os's and that thing is a tank, too bad Nextel doesn't have the browser speed and VZ Nav or I would try to find a way to get rid of the Storm.
    10-20-09 02:56 AM
    i am sporting an average of 20.3 mb of memory. Sometimes even drips down to 14.

I am using Mobile Score, Facebook, BBM .33, Maratick, BuzzMe, Weatherbug.

When I first installed the OS 238 Hybrid, I was at 50.3. Huge reduction in Mem after I installed these apps.
    10-20-09 06:41 AM
    Mine dropped from 16 to 7 after upgrade to 5.0.328. Removed Ubertwitter and now its back up to 17.5. Thats more like it. So far pretty happy with the upgrade. Not sure I love the new look when text messaging, but still getting used to it. Other than that the device is a lot more responsive and has an overall more polished look about it.
    10-28-09 01:00 PM
    going to remove BBM and everything else and see how it goes...BBL guise
    10-28-09 01:59 PM
    Took all apps off of my phone except captureit and memopad. Nothing else is listed under 3rd party apps or add ons. Rebooted at 43.6. Gonna download bbm later tonight and see how it goes.

10-28-09 04:50 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD