10-08-09 09:29 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    I can't seem to get past the disclaimer with it. It downloaded fine, that happened, I removed it, downloaded again to make sure it wasn't an issue concerning that and still did the same thing. Starting to think this is gonna be another famous goose egg.
    10-08-09 06:12 AM
    I can't seem to get past the disclaimer with it. It downloaded fine, that happened, I removed it, downloaded again to make sure it wasn't an issue concerning that and still did the same thing. Starting to think this is gonna be another famous goose egg.
    I had the same problem, and figured out Quick Launch was the issue. If I launched it from there, I could not click anything. Are you using QL?
    10-08-09 06:26 AM
    Everything works great.

Downloaded smooth.

Installed over older version.

Rebooted.

All smooth and nicey nice !

Love the new features !

No QL on mine.

Running 4.7 by VZW.
    10-08-09 06:36 AM
    Actually Furgus yes I am. Let me see if I can fix this dang thing and I will edit this message if I am successful.
    10-08-09 06:45 AM
    Again, mine is fine
    No problems with my .53 either.
    10-08-09 06:47 AM
    Dl'ed it this morning and so far so good...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 06:49 AM
    I installed BBM 5.0.0.33 on my Tour OS 5.0.0.230 and worked on the first try glad to have bbm 5 back
    10-08-09 06:53 AM
    Actually Furgus yes I am. Let me see if I can fix this dang thing and I will edit this message if I am successful.
    Launch it by the Icon and not through QL. Seems like some other people are having the same issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...launch-332228/
    10-08-09 07:00 AM
    Everything went smooth as pie. My question is why do some who downloaded see my avatar and some don't?
    10-08-09 07:25 AM
    I know now. The culprit is because you downloaded from unofficial OTA.

I downloaded this before from a random site offering OTA of the new bbm. Icon is not showing after several battery pulls.

Now, I tried to download from http://blackberry.com/messenger and everything works fine except I lose all my contacts.. dang!
    yeah. that seemed to install the proper way. i followed a link on the 1st page of this thread, which seems to have screwed it up initially. rebooting now, hope 2nd times the charm

---

ok gawd dam-nit. on boot i get "Reload Software: 552"
    What in the *#&@& just happened?!?#$!#$!#$!?@#!! All I wanted to do is update my BBM, I'm running the latest official OS too! grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by webmastir; 10-08-09 at 08:02 AM.
    10-08-09 07:40 AM
    Launch it by the Icon and not through QL. Seems like some other people are having the same issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...launch-332228/
    Yep, it's fixed. Thanks, the help is very much appreciated!

Funny thing is, once you do that, you can then add it to QL and it works fine. Just got to get apst that disclaimer screen.
    10-08-09 08:13 AM
    Download went smooth, but here are a few of my concerns:

Question: The "Busy" status still alerts me when I have a message; what happened to the unavailable status when it wouldn't alert you!?

the SMS integrated in BBM is not alerting me via text, it alerts me as a BBM... stupid.

As for putting individual conversations on your homescreen, I am just seeing a red bubble star all of the time with the persons avatar, which I would assume would indicate a new message, but the star is there regardless!

Also, when opening BBM, I am seeing a red star next to "chats" but yet, they are all read. If I change a BBM option then save, the star goes away, but as soon as a new message comes in, the star is back and stays even after reading once again!
    10-08-09 08:21 AM
    Seems like the "....is writing a message" only works some of the time?? definitely not consistent at all. Anyone else experiencing is? And is there any explanation for it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 09:11 AM
    Any differences between 5.0.0.8 and 5.0.0.33??
    10-08-09 09:29 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD