So I fully admit, I am new to the whole BB thing. I still have a lot to learn. I want to get the most out of my BB, but there is a feature I just find no personal use for, and wonder if I am missing something or what.

I don't know anyone else who has a BB, so, is there any use for BBM in my case? Does it have features to connect to non-BB users that I am not seeing, or is this just one of those apps that is going to sit on my phone and do nothing (sort of like my pre-installed Sprint apps).
    03-23-10 08:58 AM
    If you use the search function, you will find lots of threads about using BBM. Take the time to read some of them and see what people are doing with BBM, you might learn to use it and enjoy it.

To answer one question, you need to connect with someone else with a BB to use BBM functionality. If you desire to find people with your same interests, check out the social forums.

It's a feature you will enjoy greatly if you know how to use it.
    03-23-10 09:02 AM
    So that would be a no, I don't really have a use for it. lol. Thanks!
    03-23-10 09:10 AM
    So that would be a no, I don't really have a use for it. lol. Thanks!
    No, you would have no use for it. BBM is a great program, but I barely use it unfortunately, because I don't know many people that have Blackberrys.

Yes, there is the PIN sharing forum, but that doesn't appeal to me much because you end up adding somebody, and then after a few days you never converse with them anymore.
    03-23-10 09:16 AM
    Wow! Too bad you two have never found a reasonable friend with whom to converse.

I am a fantasy football league commissioner and all the members of my league are guys I met here on BBM. We talk on bbm daily during the season. Just one example...lol

But by all means, dismiss the whole thing and delete it. If you are not going to use BBM you"ll have 600+kb to gain.

Have a nice day
    03-23-10 09:59 AM
    Jaydee makes a good point.

A shared interest is very important to maintaining an ongoing message relationship.

03-23-10 10:06 AM
    I have plenty of friends that I speak to regularly, they just all happen to use other types of phones. Not going to start seeking out new people simply for the sake of using an app.
    03-23-10 10:11 AM
    So you use Google Talk, ICQ MSN, AIM or another APP?
    Then you should delete BBM to give yourself more memory with which to run the other APP you downloaded. Makes sense.
    03-23-10 10:21 AM
    When I first got my Blackberry, I said the same thing. I don't know many people who uses a Blackberry and it was such a useless IM client. That was like 2 years ago when not many people even own a blackberry. Slowly as times goes by, I didn't give up on the application and today I have 80 people on my BBM list all of which I know in person and actively keeping in touch.
    Last edited by thymaster; 03-23-10 at 12:44 PM.
    03-23-10 12:41 PM
    Btw, the whole group thing is starting to grow on me and my friends as well. This is how we keep our social life active. One person would start of with "What are doing tonight?" and the the chattering would go on non stop until around 3am. A lot easier to meet up at coffee shops, restaurant, theatre or bars.
    03-23-10 01:04 PM
    Thymaster,
    In the very beginning, I didn't have any friends on bb either and although I didn't delete BBM, i didn't use it. Now, I will not get any phone BUT a berry because of BBM. And the groups are a lot of fun, too. People with similar interests are fun to talk to.

And yes! I HAVE a life...it just so happens that my BBM friends are a part of it!
    03-23-10 01:37 PM
    I want a bbm gorup to join!! Where can I find one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:37 PM
    Check out the social forum
    03-23-10 08:40 PM

BBM Groups can be found here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f159/

I'm moving the whole thread to Native Apps, which is what the BBM program is.
    03-23-10 08:41 PM
    Visit the Social Forums. There are a ton of groups, too.
    here's the link for the groups: http://forums.crackberry.com/f159/

Read the ones you are interested in and ask to be invited into the group. Usually there is an administrator of the group who will add you. Or you can private message someone and ask to be invited if you don't want to post your PIN.

Hope you meet some new friends!
    03-23-10 08:44 PM
    Thanks. Aha well I'm 16 so..... Like 3/4 is 18+ and the other groups are like girls onlu and stuff lmao

03-23-10 08:54 PM
    Thanks. Aha well I'm 16 so..... Like 3/4 is 18+ and the other groups are like girls onlu and stuff lmao
    There are hundreds of thousands of groups to join. You can dismiss it that quickly?

Look through a few pages, the ones with the most recent posts are at the front. Doesn't mean there aren't people your age or with your same interests available.

As for groups for "girls only"...LMAO. So? There are plenty of others. If you seek, you shall find.
    03-24-10 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD