anyone know how to off the bbm ? or stop connection to it ? i am going overseas soon but i do not want to data to come in my phone. i only want to use it for calls and nothing else. i do not want to have a shock when my bills come.
    01-11-10 03:36 AM
    Go to "Manage Connections" -> "Mobile Network Options" and set Data Services to "Off".
    01-11-10 03:39 AM
    Not sure if you can cut out the connection to bbm. I'd try backing up all your contacts and all. Then delete it while you are out of the US,that way you can still make and receive calls while not having to worry about being charged for the data. When you get back,just download bbm again and restore all your stuff on bbm
    01-11-10 03:53 AM
    I'm not sure if this would work but if you go into profiles I believe one of the profiles is "phone calls only"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 05:10 AM
    I'm not sure if this would work but if you go into profiles I believe one of the profiles is "phone calls only"

That's just for alert tones.

01-11-10 06:58 AM
    Plug in device to computer>go to C:\ProgramFiles(*86)\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\ Apploader and double click on the LOADER.EXE file>Scroll down to the BlackBerry Messenger box and uncheck it. Sometimes there are two BBM boxes so uncheck both>Next>Finish.

When you get back from overseas, you will need to do the same process, but the other way.
    01-11-10 07:16 AM
    Plug in device to computer>go to C:\ProgramFiles(*86)\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\ Apploader and double click on the LOADER.EXE file>Scroll down to the BlackBerry Messenger box and uncheck it. Sometimes there are two BBM boxes so uncheck both>Next>Finish.

When you get back from overseas, you will need to do the same process, but the other way.
    CX... is that the best way of getting to your Blackberry Add-On apps now???
    01-11-10 07:27 AM
    CX... is that the best way of getting to your Blackberry Add-On apps now???
    Using the latest DM version, yes. That's what I've found. For some reason when you plug device into DM and go to Apploader, only 3rd party apps are listed. Going to Loader.exe will allow you to control add-on and 3rd party with no issues at all.
    01-11-10 07:44 AM
    Using the latest DM version, yes. That's what I've found. For some reason when you plug device into DM and go to Apploader, only 3rd party apps are listed. Going to Loader.exe will allow you to control add-on and 3rd party with no issues at all.
    I've noticed the issue with DM... I've been wondering how to view those apps and additional components.

Thanks a lot for the info CX.
    01-11-10 07:59 AM
    Not sure if you can cut out the connection to bbm. I'd try backing up all your contacts and all. Then delete it while you are out of the US,that way you can still make and receive calls while not having to worry about being charged for the data. When you get back,just download bbm again and restore all your stuff on bbm
    Woah thats a bit extreme...seriously OP just go to manage connections then mobile network options and change it to off when roaming.

That will stop all data from coming into your phone whilst your abroad. If you do not want that ie you want data but not BBM then do what Crucial has listed.
    01-11-10 09:08 AM
    REmember that the device will ping the server while data is turned on and you will still receive emails while overseas.
    01-11-10 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD