OK, well I installed 5.0.0.230 on my Tour and it is working well. As most posts indicate, BBM 5.0 does not work on Tour, so I am on BBM 4.7. I got a new phone as well as upgading the OS. I need help recovering my BBM contacts. I went into Options, & dont see anything that prompts me to recover my contacts. I can't seem to find my Contact list backups. I thought it was on my SD card, but am unable to see it.
    Is there anyway to recover my contacts?
    Thx.
    09-23-09 06:47 PM
    Did you run the "Backup" from Desktop Manager before you upgraded? And then "Restore" after you upgraded? If not, you're outta luck most likely...
    09-24-09 02:04 AM
    I ran a back up prior to new OS. If I do a restore, will I have the option to choose the Apps that I want to restore? and will it replace BBM4.7 w/5.0?
    09-24-09 09:39 AM
    No.. it won't replace the app itself - BBM5 doesn't work with OS 5.0. Unfortunately, when you do a backup it doesn't separate out the BBM Contacts from 5.0 - there's a separate file it puts on your device (or memory card, depending on your options) - I haven't been able to recover that file either. The ability to backup contacts is a BBM5 feature thats not in 4.7.

Looks like you'll need to re-add everyone (or wait a few days for the BBM5 leak thats due out).
    09-24-09 06:20 PM
    Thanks so much....

I do have my old phone and will just have to reload my BBM friends manually.

I like .53, but am getting used to beta versions. It's a little agravating w/the kinks, but hey, that's BBWorld for ya.
    Last edited by JustaNJDiva; 09-25-09 at 10:33 AM.
    09-25-09 10:11 AM
    No.. it won't replace the app itself - BBM5 doesn't work with OS 5.0. Unfortunately, when you do a backup it doesn't separate out the BBM Contacts from 5.0 - there's a separate file it puts on your device (or memory card, depending on your options) - I haven't been able to recover that file either. The ability to backup contacts is a BBM5 feature thats not in 4.7.

Looks like you'll need to re-add everyone (or wait a few days for the BBM5 leak thats due out).
    I ugpraded to BBM 5 on OS 4.7. Then I upgraded to OS 5.0 and BBM didn't work. So, I went back to BBM 4.7 so I could use BBM with OS 5. Contacts were gone.

Using Desktop Manager, go to Backup & Restore, Advanced, and find a backup file before your BBM 5.0. Find the Blackberry Messenger database entry on the left and restore that. You'll get your contacts back and you don't need to re-add anyone.

-Ryan
    10-03-09 08:14 PM
    I ugpraded to BBM 5 on OS 4.7. Then I upgraded to OS 5.0 and BBM didn't work. So, I went back to BBM 4.7 so I could use BBM with OS 5. Contacts were gone.

Using Desktop Manager, go to Backup & Restore, Advanced, and find a backup file before your BBM 5.0. Find the Blackberry Messenger database entry on the left and restore that. You'll get your contacts back and you don't need to re-add anyone.

-Ryan
    I did the same exact thing and it works great for anyone else who needs to do this.
    10-04-09 05:41 PM
    old but good thread to bump...
    wish I could remember the file name on my sd card!
    02-02-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD