Is there a OTA for the old bbm I set my friend up and everytime she has an issue guess who gets an call. Its kinda getting annoying. Lol
    Anyway if anyone knows if there's a ota for the old BBM I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:40 AM
    Do you know you are posting question on the 8900 Curve forum???

Not totally sure, but I think the way to get back an older version of BBM is to reload the OS for that device.
    07-23-09 06:45 AM
    fatboy97 is correct. You need to reload your OS.
    07-23-09 08:40 AM
    I know I'm posting on 8900. I own a storm but my friend has the 8900 hence my post. Is there anyway to reload 4.7 bbm without reloading os, hopefully OTA so I don't have to get her to bring me her phone. Thanks

07-23-09 09:11 AM
    I know I'm posting on 8900. I own a storm but my friend has the 8900 hence my post. Is there anyway to reload 4.7 bbm without reloading os, hopefully OTA so I don't have to get her to bring me her phone. Thanks

I just answered you. Take it or leave it. You're not likely to get many answers as there are too many threads on BBM to begin with. Sorry.
    07-23-09 09:12 AM
    The BBM 5.0 install was a special install package... which I really wish they had not made, but that's my take on this mess... so you would need a special install for the older version, which they don't make.

Reinstall the current OS and be done with BETA apps.... hopefully it will work better with OS 5.0.
    07-23-09 09:24 AM

By the way, since the 8900 runs OS 4.6 and not OS 4.7 you would need to install 4.6 BBM on an 8900.
    07-23-09 09:27 AM
    here you go:

ttp://tjiputra.yapeter.net/bbm/8100/bbm8100_4_5.jad

ttp://tjiputra.yapeter.net/bbm/8220/bbm8220_4_6.jad

ttp://tjiputra.yapeter.net/bbm/8900/bbm8900_4_6.jad

ttp://tjiputra.yapeter.net/bbm/9000/bbm9000_4_6.jad
    ttp://tjiputra.yapeter.net/bbm/9500/bbm9500_4_7.jad
    07-23-09 12:17 PM
    Woah, OTA BBM 4.6, its a miracle...
    07-23-09 12:38 PM
    Just remember, installing BBM OTA with a .jad file only installs it on your phone. When you sync with desktop manager, DM will search your phone and then the OS installed on your computer. If you only install OTA, the files will cause errors when syncing.

Best to install from the computer.
    07-23-09 12:52 PM
    The best way to do it is by reloading the os, which I pulled from the RIM site and connected my bb to the computer. Works very well now. Learned my lesson with leaked programs
    07-23-09 01:19 PM
    3C, you're a credit to all of us.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but a quick question.

There's the sum of people, myself included who managed to install BBM5 OTA.
    From what I gather, the problem most people would run into is the clash in OS between the Phone and Desktop Manager.

What I'm curious about is with OTA, does the door swing both ways?
    If BBM5 is deleted from the Phone and 4.6 reloaded via DM (and then restoring using backup data); would it be as if DM never even heard of or saw BBM5?
    07-23-09 01:20 PM
    3C, you're a credit to all of us.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but a quick question.

There's the sum of people, myself included who managed to install BBM5 OTA.
    From what I gather, the problem most people would run into is the clash in OS between the Phone and Desktop Manager.

What I'm curious about is with OTA, does the door swing both ways?
    If BBM5 is deleted from the Phone and 4.6 reloaded via DM (and then restoring using backup data); would it be as if DM never even heard of or saw BBM5?
    First let me say thank you.

In theory, that is correct. DM should act as though it never saw BBM 5. However, if you installed the files on your computer and replaced them in the JAVA folder as some did (myself included), then the only way to get BBM 4 back is to either reinstall the OS on your computer, or, if like me, you backed up the original BBM files before you replaced them; then all you need to do is copy them back and replace the BBM 5 files.
    07-23-09 01:34 PM
    Thank you!!!
    07-23-09 04:51 PM
    So I ran into some trouble.

Here's the run down::
    Followed the steps listed in 3C's "For all having problems" thread, but didn't see any change. 5.0 was still active.

So I deleted BBM5 from my phone altogether and tried to restore it on AppLoader, followed by a data restore on DM.

This brought back 4.6, however worsened my situation as none of my messages got through at all.

What ensued was a constant deletion, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall, add contact etc cycle that still has me disconnected on the BBM playing field.

I don't know where I've gone wrong, and apparently the "BBM Down" theory hasn't affected my contacts.
    07-23-09 05:52 PM
    So I ran into some trouble.

Here's the run down::
    Followed the steps listed in 3C's "For all having problems" thread, but didn't see any change. 5.0 was still active.

So I deleted BBM5 from my phone altogether and tried to restore it on AppLoader, followed by a data restore on DM.

This brought back 4.6, however worsened my situation as none of my messages got through at all.

What ensued was a constant deletion, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall, add contact etc cycle that still has me disconnected on the BBM playing field.

I don't know where I've gone wrong, and apparently the "BBM Down" theory hasn't affected my contacts.
    It does seem as though the network is experiencing some clogs right now.
    07-23-09 05:57 PM
    Im in the same exact boat...got rid of 5.0, got my 4.7 back for my tour..and its still havin the same problems with not sending/receving, etc. i think its the network
    07-23-09 06:12 PM
    Just in from T-Mo: their engineering team has reported Data service issues such as PIN and BBM.
    07-23-09 06:36 PM
    thanks for the link, downgraded to 4.6

beware, this will empty out your contact list
    07-23-09 08:04 PM
    Update:
    After hearing about the outages yesterday afternooon, I essentially put it off until this morning.
    I restored BBM data over Desktop Manager, replacing the shotty conversations and list of 'pending contacts' that for some reason able to respond to me.
    So far, with the contacts that I've been able to test with, everything seems smooth running 4.6 again.

"So I guess it was the network after all... Fuuuuuuu-"
    07-24-09 11:19 AM
    This 5.0 has been a real pain. Glad I didn't bother with it.

07-24-09 11:29 AM
    hi i recently bought the pearl 8100 of ebay and am having trouble dowloading any form of BBM. i have no memory card and wondered if that would be the main reason why, as when i tried to download it through the BB website its states that i dont have the right system requirements? When i connect my BB to my computer and try to update the OS it says that i have the current one?? I have a data service plan and cannot think of any other reasons as to why it wont allow me to download it.

any ideas and i would be greatful!!!
    02-15-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD