I just got a 9700 but I have not updated it to the new software only because everyone i know has had problems with their 9700s.

I've noticed that BBM 4.7 edition allows me to talk on the phone and message people on bbm, no one knows when i'm on the phone. Is it only in this version? Also i can go on the internet as well, can you all do this with the newer versions?
    12-26-09 05:42 PM
    I message people and chat with the new version all the time
    12-26-09 05:46 PM
    Being able to talk on the phone and surf on the internet has nothing to do with BBM... that'll be 3G
    12-26-09 05:53 PM
    Being able to talk on the phone and surf on the internet has nothing to do with BBM... that'll be 3G
    This is exactly correct

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:55 PM
    Are you saying that when you're on a voice call that there is no way for your BBM contacts to know you're on the phone?

If so, that's very different from being ABLE to make a phone call simultaneously to messaging on BBM.

And to answer that question, IF that is the case, I never noticed the option to alert BBM users of your call status and/or what music I'm listening to until I upgraded to a 5.0 version of BBM.
    12-26-09 05:56 PM
    I think there is an option in the BBM 5.0 where they'll let ppl know you are on the phone. i haven't really test it out though.
    12-26-09 11:43 PM
    I know there was an option to show callers you are on the phone in 4.6 and 4.7, but do not see that as an option in 5.0
    12-27-09 12:19 AM
    I know there was an option to show callers you are on the phone in 4.6 and 4.7, but do not see that as an option in 5.0
    that option was in the initial beta 5.0.0.8 but i noticed it would disappear and reappear. most of the time, i saw that the "on the phone" option was absent but the "see what im listening to" would remain. that seems to have remained into the most recent versions of BBM. the only way i can tell when someone is on the phone (non 3G device) is when my BBMs dont go through to them. i wish there was an actual setting for this though so i know its not a network issue.
    12-27-09 02:21 AM
    I didn't know that, thanks
    12-28-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD