05-01-11 07:51 PM
49 12
tools
    I too expect nothing we don't already know.

We'll get hours upon hours of yap about the playbook (which answers a question many people I know, including myself, have never asked) and it's "strategic" role for RIM and BlackBerry users.

And I doubt we'll get any real dates of new devices. It makes me sad. My Bold9000 is showing its age and I am on a new battery with it, shrunk the os and it is simply long in the tooth, except the keyboard (which is still the best out there). I want a solid date and price for the Bold Touch on AT&T.

If not, I might be tempted to WP7 with No-Do update. My flame suit is on, but as an MCSE running Exchange for my office, the M$ all-in would be kind of cool, just not sure about the virtual keyboard.

BTW, when is the BlackBerry show? Yes, I really have not bothered to look it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 07:30 AM
    BB World is MAY 3-5, so next Tuesday-Thursday
    anon(51467) likes this.
    04-28-11 07:49 AM
    UK release date for PB
    UK BB Traffic App release
    UK BB Podcast App release

Or generally anything relavent to 'the rest of the world' other than NA and Canada.
    04-28-11 09:38 AM
    If not, I might be tempted to WP7 with No-Do update. My flame suit is on, but as an MCSE running Exchange for my office, the M$ all-in would be kind of cool, just not sure about the virtual keyboard.
    Make sure you read up on the gripes about WP7 before committing to it. Also, has AT&T even released NoDo yet? I had to hack and JB mine, then "trick" Zune to get it. You think the PB people are having "early adopter" pains.... WP7 is just as bad at the moment. AT&T isn't helping either.
    04-28-11 09:58 AM
    I expect Ballsy and/or Lizardlips to mumble some incoherent drivel about the future direction for RIM and the announcement of a couple of phones that will be amazingly unspectacular.
    Don't forget a rant on the upcoming data apocalypse and how RIM's lack of 4G in 2011 and their use of truncated email and compressed data through the NOC will be saving you tons of money!
    04-28-11 09:59 AM
    They have already let it leak, we will have ONE new device.
    There is a possible way that the one device rumour could be sort of true and a good thing while they could still announce multiple devices, maybe they are intending to allow a hands-on demo of that one model, allowing people to play around with one of the new models while simply announcing the others and demoing those onstage.
    04-29-11 05:02 AM
    BB World is MAY 3-5, so next Tuesday-Thursday
    Thanks, I pay attention to what happens. I guess I'll stay tuned to CB and be in the know. Seriously, thanks.
    04-29-11 08:27 AM
    Make sure you read up on the gripes about WP7 before committing to it. Also, has AT&T even released NoDo yet? I had to hack and JB mine, then "trick" Zune to get it. You think the PB people are having "early adopter" pains.... WP7 is just as bad at the moment. AT&T isn't helping either.
    Too right. I do spend a bit of time on the WP7 forums and see that AT&T has finally released some no-do. The Surround, however does not yet have it, and so far, that is the WP7 I most like from AT&T.

Yes, AT&T is really a thorn in my side, even on BB. Where I live, over half the time I move between 2 certain cells, the call drops.
    04-29-11 08:30 AM
    If RIM does release only one device, get ready for the financial naysayers to (accurately?) predict more gloom and doom.
    04-29-11 11:10 AM
    If RIM does release only one device, get ready for the financial naysayers to (accurately?) predict more gloom and doom.
    Even if they announce all the phones that leaked, people on here will say we already knew about these devices, what about info for the 2013 phones? No one is ever happy around here anymore. Impossible to please some people.
    Les74 likes this.
    04-29-11 12:09 PM
    Well, I for one, would be happy to merely hear when the Bold Touch is going to be available on AT&T. I am ready for an upgrade and WANT the Bold Touch in a big way. If they don't announce a date, I will be disappointed. Anything else announced will be interesting for sure.

And as I wrote previously, AT&T is due to roll out NoDo for the HTC Surround, and that is a siren song I could be tempted with. At least I would have one month to try it out.

04-30-11 09:34 AM
    With stock dropping 10% and a huge need to get the latest device to market, and of course the leaked Bold 9900/9930 from their official web site, I'd say after the Playbook hoopla and koodos of QNX being the future of RIM, they'll announce an immediate release of the Bold (with a Touch) on all major carriers within weeks of BBW. Again, pretty much believe like I've been saying, around June 10th maybe earlier, May 28th

04-30-11 02:46 PM
    I am not only wanting an AT&T Bold Touch but would also have a AT&T Monza!

Yes I am greedy. Had my 9780 for too long and want new!
    04-30-11 03:04 PM
    With stock dropping 10% and a huge need to get the latest device to market, and of course the leaked Bold 9900/9930 from their official web site, I'd say after the Playbook hoopla and koodos of QNX being the future of RIM, they'll announce an immediate release of the Bold (with a Touch) on all major carriers within weeks of BBW. Again, pretty much believe like I've been saying, around June 10th maybe earlier, May 28th
    That is just unrealistic and only setting yourself up to get annoyed when they don't match these arbitrary dates, they will have certain dates they are targeting to get devices into the carrier labs and then you have a certain amount of time for the carriers to approve those devices so they can't magically wave a wand and chop a few weeks or more off their planned release date, especially since the main criticisms of the playbook could be summed up as a good product that isn't finished, doing anything similar with these new os7 phones would be suicidal.
    05-01-11 05:18 AM
    I am not only wanting an AT&T Bold Touch but would also have a AT&T Monza!
    Buying both or just wanting the choice?

I guess one obvious worry for people waiting for either phone on at&t is that they might have torch 2 as their priority resulting in that coming out first with the bold and monza following shortly afterwards.
    05-01-11 05:19 AM
    Yea, that statement was meant to be in a sarcastic manner.
    I know........so was mine.
    05-01-11 06:59 AM
    That is just unrealistic and only setting yourself up to get annoyed when they don't match these arbitrary dates, they will have certain dates they are targeting to get devices into the carrier labs and then you have a certain amount of time for the carriers to approve those devices so they can't magically wave a wand and chop a few weeks or more off their planned release date, especially since the main criticisms of the playbook could be summed up as a good product that isn't finished, doing anything similar with these new os7 phones would be suicidal.
    Its not unrealistic nor will it annoy me...pretty sure the testing and carrier orders and all that good stuff has been done...early June isn't unrealistic, hopeful, yes, but you're speaking like you're a RIM excecutive, and like me...you're not...so whatever your guess is would be just as relevent as mine...a GUESS

05-01-11 09:41 AM
    Buying both or just wanting the choice?

I guess one obvious worry for people waiting for either phone on at&t is that they might have torch 2 as their priority resulting in that coming out first with the bold and monza following shortly afterwards.
    I would buy both.
    05-01-11 01:19 PM
    well it seems like its getting closer to release. CX tweeted this morning that all software for the 9700/9800 has been removed from the internal att testing site and the bold touch is being sent out for field testing! i cant wait for this phone!
    05-01-11 01:23 PM
    I expect two phone Bold Touch and Blackberry Touch
    i dont think Torch or any of the curve models would be out yet

They might release a single phone which may be the Bold Touch, the BOold touch must be announced and i hope it would be released almost immediately like in 2 weeks or so. cant wait for this phone went to 9780 from 9700 now am changing again
    05-01-11 04:21 PM
    Here are my expectations:
    1. Announce the Blackberry Bold Touch (or whatever its called) with no release date "comming soon"
    2. ***** about how negative media has portrayed RIMM has bad player blah blah
    3. Whine about developers not putting time to develope apps for RIMMs devides.
    4. Stock prices for RIMM drop another 10%

05-01-11 04:59 PM
    And mine:
    1. Announcement of the Bold Touch as the flagship, Torch 2, Monaco, and possibly the Curve and Curve touch.
    2. If the numbers are good; # of PlayBooks sold to businesses, as preorders, and from Brick&Mortar stores are announced.
    3. Release of More SDKs for the PlayBook and BB7 devices. The PlayBook will most likely only get Native and BBOS JVM
    4. Stock prices for RIMM drop another 2%, unless BBW is a very positive surprise.
    05-01-11 06:03 PM
    I wonder if they'd announce BBM being available cross-platform. Just a thought.
    05-01-11 06:59 PM
    I think having BBM across multiple platforms would only put RIM in a worse position.
    05-01-11 07:51 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD