02-10-11 08:33 AM
28 12
tools
    Blackberry Traffic was released outside of Beta today. Had a chance to download it, and I'm not noticing too many differences between beta and official release. Anyone else have a chance to download?

Let's hear your thoughts!
    11-18-10 12:43 PM
    Can anyone say why I would use this instead of Google Maps for directions? I'll give it a try soon and I want it to be great but I'm not sure...
    11-18-10 01:21 PM
    Can anyone say why I would use this instead of Google Maps for directions? I'll give it a try soon and I want it to be great but I'm not sure...
    For me it's more of an early commute kinda thing...like when I wanna see traffic patterns in ONE screen and not on a map of cluster f**ked labels and colors and such...and so far it's been super precise as far as ETA and updating FALSE traffic collisions, REAL traffic collisions, and backups...as far as live updates while in traffic, it's much better than google maps...and in Southern California there's a sh*t ton of traffic I'd like to anticipate instead of get stuck in...and it helps...

It wasn't meant to be a GPS map guide but...

For directions its not bad, now has the sweet option to reroute (which doesn't always work depending on your location) but IMO it's a nice app trying to accomplish something google maps can't do, and they did it well...

Now if you ask me if they could've added a map feature, the answer is yes!
    Last edited by theruined; 11-18-10 at 01:29 PM.
    11-18-10 01:24 PM
    So - how do you get this without having to download App World?
    11-18-10 02:15 PM
    Yeah, I don't use it for directions (I have the Garmin app for that) but I do use it every day on my commute. It updates in real time and I agree, it is so much better to look at a graphic representation of traffic conditions on a bar representing your trip home or to work than to squint at the spaghetti on Google Maps.

It is without a doubt the best traffic app for the BB. And the ETA times are incredibly accurate -- plus it sends my ETA via text to my wife with just a screen press . . . fabulous.

It's also kind of like having a little MeterBerry for your commute, giving you stats:
    11-18-10 02:22 PM
    Wow you drive fast! haha

I have to agree, it's great for the traffic aspect, just like what it was made for. It's not made to be a turn by turn gps, but the ETA messaging and traffic are awesome!
    11-18-10 02:28 PM
    I'm running it on my 9700 with the leaked os6 installed and GPS continually searches to no avail. I know my GPS works because I use google maps and it tracks me fine, any ideas?
    11-18-10 04:54 PM
    I have the same problem with GPS continually searching on my Bold 9780 (os6)
    11-18-10 05:27 PM
    Regarding the GPS Searching issue, I removed and reinstalled the application. It is now working on my Bold 9780
    11-18-10 05:41 PM
    love this app. Not the best looking thing. But it updates faster than others. I use this more than my gps in my car.
    11-18-10 06:04 PM
    Is there benefits of using this app if I already have Sprint Navigation? Just wondering.
    11-18-10 06:08 PM
    Other blackberry native apps are available ota without app world... anyone got an ota link without app world? I don't have app world installed, nor want that nonsense.
    11-18-10 09:36 PM
    Hi Guys,

I really want to use this app but I'm having a hard time adding a place!

I always get the "No Location Found" error and it's irritating me.

Please Help

Thank you!
    11-19-10 12:47 AM
    I am unable to install this directly from my TMO 9780 Appworld, but I can go to the main Appworld website and sync it to my BB. Weird. Been using the app on my 9700 for a couple months and I love seeing traffic on my daily work commute as a color-coded bar - makes it easy to use alternate routes. Haven't used it for turn-by-turn, but the traffic portion is great! Alerted me to a closed road once on a highway that is never closed and saved me at least an hour.
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 11-19-10 at 01:55 AM.
    11-19-10 01:47 AM
    Other blackberry native apps are available ota without app world... anyone got an ota link without app world? I don't have app world installed, nor want that nonsense.
    Go here from your computer and it will sync the app to your BB with no need to install App World on your BB: BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Traffic
    11-19-10 01:56 AM
    Go here from your computer and it will sync the app to your BB with no need to install App World on your BB: BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Traffic
    Do you need to have a BlackBerry ID to install it this way?
    11-19-10 10:27 AM
    Hi Guys,

I really want to use this app but I'm having a hard time adding a place!

I always get the "No Location Found" error and it's irritating me.

Please Help

Thank you!
    +1 on this issue, new Traffic app user here...
    11-19-10 10:45 AM
    Do you need to have a BlackBerry ID to install it this way?
    I don't think so, but not 100% sure.
    11-19-10 06:02 PM
    I don't think so, but not 100% sure.
    Yes, you do need a BlackBerry ID to install it this way, and it still requires you to install AppWorld to your device.

I really wish someone would just pull the cod for this using either BBSAK or BBMCP.

I am not interested in loading AppWorld again.
    11-19-10 06:12 PM
    When I looked on the page with all the app detals it says its compatible with the 9330. But after installing when I go to run it, it says it can't on the 9330?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 02:23 AM
    Just FYI, if you're a Beta Zone participant, you can download from there without installing AppWorld (duh, why didn't I do that before?).

I plan on pulling the cod as I described above so I can avoid the whole AppWorld problem later down the road.

11-20-10 10:14 AM
    +1 on this issue, new Traffic app user here...
    +2. Any help?

I can serch near my location. But it can't find any addresses.

11-20-10 11:23 AM
    I like everything about this app except the routing. It consistently chooses the most "direct" route which is rarely the fastest route. On two of my regular drives, it routes me off the (traffic-free) highway onto city street and even country lanes which are much slower -- and the app recognizes this b/c when I stay on the highway past where it wants me to get off, the ETA is significantly reduced. IOW, I wish it had routing options (e.g. fastest, most direct, no highways, etc.) like the other mapping applications, or did a better job of planning the fastest route.
    12-13-10 08:04 AM
    Yea, I don't see why they haven't integrated it with BBmaps.... Would like the options to avoil toll routes, view on map etc.
    I didn't think it would come out of beta missing the bunch of features it should have.. Like, there's no way to view the "full" direction if it is cut off on the screen. "Exit highw...".

It searches using bing, while BBmaps uses google...?? I don't get it but hey?

There is an menu item to "get new alternate route" I'd say 85% of the time the app gets me where I need to go faster that I'd I didn't have it

12-13-10 08:22 AM
    On the traffic screen, does anyone know what the distance bar represents that's below the traffic bar and above the little car icon?
    01-07-11 08:46 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD